Flinch - Is it really necessary in Halo 5?

i think flinch is the correct term for this. When you’re running and get shot, your Spartan freezes up which breaks gameplay flow IMO. My question, is it benefiting gameplay? You already get descoped in gun fights and don’t rengenerate health while running, isn’t that good enough? I feel flinching is overkill and could be done without and not break gameplay.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something that makes flinching worth while?

I don’t know if it’s flinching, but there is definitely something awkward about it. When you get shot the same just seems like it lacks fluidity. Especially when you get hit with a sniper. It just feels strange. It was never like this in past halos. Including halo 4. Hopefully halo 6 corrects upon this. Halo 5 is still fun though.

It, much like the shield recharge being stopped, was added to make a middle ground between players who want the sprint and players who want it gone

The game calls it “stopping power”. You can actually turn this off in custom games. I hate it when it happens to me. However I enjoy that it prevents players from not only charging at me in a moments notice, but it also prevents an easy kill from escaping.

Im sure I have seen your name before guy above me.

Anyway I hate it mostly, the only times it seems to happen to me is when I spawn with my back to some enemies and I cant get away before getting killed. I have never had a situation where it has benefited me.

So far I’ve learned that I’m not alone with this :smiley: But I never thought of it being a way to cancel someone who is charging you, always think of how annoying it is trying to avoid players.

It’s an intentional balance to prevent people from jack-rabbiting away from a firefight. Same reason your shields don’t recharge while sprinting, if you get shot at while sprinting, you’ll get slowed down.

> 2533274796457055;7:
> It’s an intentional balance to prevent people from jack-rabbiting away from a firefight. Same reason your shields don’t recharge while sprinting, if you get shot at while sprinting, you’ll get slowed down.

Eh, doesn’t seem to help much, it seems. That was anecdotal, but a lot of people have a similar opinion about that.

I find that it’s a good enough window. The only time someone managed to get away from close to mid 1V1 is if they catch me reloading or jump off a cliff lol.

its a small window if their strafe is on point but that’s how it should be I guess