FLIGHTING THIS WEEK!

Ugh the excitement is sooooo high. Really hoping to see an email to test this. I’ll take off work fire the first day just to do it Haha. I can’t wait. What is everyone else willing to do to be in the first group? :stuck_out_tongue:

The last time I played Halo with my friends was in 2012, so for us to get into the flight and to both relive, and make new memories would be an absolute dream.

One thing I am really hoping for is a progression system. A lot of the fun from 3 and Reach came from unlocking stuff through achievements in 3 and saving up credits in Reach. When I bought an Xbox last year to play MCC, I was slightly disappointing to see all the Armour in 3 already unlocked by default.

If Reach on MCC goes by the current design and cuts out the progression, then would I be disappointed? Sure, it would cut out a lot of the reason why I played back in 2010, but to play Halo on PC, would still fulfill everything I have wanted from the series since 2007. With that being said, I don’t think progression will be in the flights, as a well performing, bug free game is imperative for 343’s third chance at MCC.

I am glad they are taking their time with this, because there is immense pressure on them to get it right. If they get it wrong again then many people might just be done with the franchise, which would be a sad bitter end.

Sorry for the unrelated rant, but I am very much looking forward to playing Halo with my friends again. I really do hope for another golden age of Halo.

> 2535454234116055;2:
> The last time I played Halo with my friends was in 2012, so for us to get into the flight and to both relive, and make new memories would be an absolute dream.
>
> One thing I am really hoping for is a progression system. A lot of the fun from 3 and Reach came from unlocking stuff through achievements in 3 and saving up credits in Reach. When I bought an Xbox last year to play MCC, I was slightly disappointing to see all the Armour in 3 already unlocked by default.
>
> If Reach on MCC goes by the current design and cuts out the progression, then would I be disappointed? Sure, it would cut out a lot of the reason why I played back in 2010, but to play Halo on PC, would still fulfill everything I have wanted from the series since 2007. With that being said, I don’t think progression will be in the flights, as a well performing, bug free game is imperative for 343’s third chance at MCC.
>
> I am glad they are taking their time with this, because there is immense pressure on them to get it right. If they get it wrong again then many people might just be done with the franchise, which would be a sad bitter end.
>
> Sorry for the unrelated rant, but I am very much looking forward to playing Halo with my friends again. I really do hope for another golden age of Halo.

It will have a progression system at some point, maybe at launch but who knows. There is a preview in the may update along with plenty of details about the ui changes.

It looks like people are itching to get into this, but I’m wondering how much bug reporting we’ll be doing. They have internal bug testers right?

I think my last Halo play was 2013 or 2014. I’m so excited right now :slight_smile:

I wonder what mode’ll be tested first, single player or multiplayer? The former seems technically easier to pull off, while the latter seems like it would require fewer finished assets…

Does it even Matter?! It will be greatness!

Looking forward to it bros.

> 2535432134338122;4:
> It looks like people are itching to get into this, but I’m wondering how much bug reporting we’ll be doing. They have internal bug testers right?

It might be more like load testing for servers.

> 2533274877764121;8:
> > 2535432134338122;4:
> > It looks like people are itching to get into this, but I’m wondering how much bug reporting we’ll be doing. They have internal bug testers right?
>
> It might be more like load testing for servers.

Per Ske7ch’s latest update:
“The first flight will really be an updated and more polished version of the E3 demo - a single mission of Reach - with the main goal being to validate large scale distribution via Steam and our Insider pipelines.”

I hope to be a part of these flights only because I want to get back to playing some halo and it feels like forever until the official release. There are still private servers for the old halo 2 vista but, it’s not the same. I need some big team battle and swat. Killtacular Killamanjaro lol

Since the announcement I’ve been checking everywhere I can every few hours.

> 2535425606768957;9:
> > 2533274877764121;8:
> > > 2535432134338122;4:
> > > It looks like people are itching to get into this, but I’m wondering how much bug reporting we’ll be doing. They have internal bug testers right?
> >
> > It might be more like load testing for servers.
>
> Per Ske7ch’s latest update:
> “The first flight will really be an updated and more polished version of the E3 demo - a single mission of Reach - with the main goal being to validate large scale distribution via Steam and our Insider pipelines.”
> - https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/c5iqld/flights_coming_second_half_of_this_week/es3th4v/?st=jxe06w7j&sh=54e0c632

Well that’s a pleasant surprise. I thought the flights would be testing nothing but the multiplayer.

Has anymore been said on when flight invitation emails will go out?

> 2533274813118219;13:
> Has anymore been said on when flight invitation emails will go out?

Not yet. Ske7ch: “We’re sure cutting it close to make good on the “Insider flighting will begin in June!” <sweatingprofusely.gif>” is the latest info we have, so we’re not entirely sure if it is happening this week. If it is, emails will be close.

I was Expecting the invites to go out on Tuesday then Wednesday came nothing. maybe the invite went out and the group has already been chosen?
that would really suck that we did not get in on the first flight

> 2533274888820093;10:
> I hope to be a part of these flights only because I want to get back to playing some halo and it feels like forever until the official release. There are still private servers for the old halo 2 vista but, it’s not the same. I need some big team battle and swat. Killtacular Killamanjaro lol

This is the true hype :slight_smile:

> 2535414549016843;15:
> I was Expecting the invites to go out on Tuesday then Wednesday came nothing. maybe the invite went out and the group has already been chosen?
> that would really suck that we did not get in on the first flight

I highly doubt that. Even if for some reason 343 wanted to keep the first flight a secret, I doubt an entire public test group would manage to keep it under wraps. As Ske7ch has pointed out, they are cutting it close to the deadline for June flights, so I’d wager the radio silence is a result of them being in a rush rather than smoke and mirrors. Whatever the case, the first flight is going to be “drop in a bucket small”, so it’s safe to assume most won’t get in.

> 2535432134338122;4:
> It looks like people are itching to get into this, but I’m wondering how much bug reporting we’ll be doing. They have internal bug testers right?

I’m itching as well. I guarantee they have an internal testing team, and I’m excited to help them out. I just hope they let you submit detailed tickets with videos/screenshots.

I’ve been on a Halo vibe ever since the MCC was announced for PC, everyday I check Steam or MS Store to see if pre-orders are open, and watching/listening to Halo Infinite trailers and song on repeat.

If I don’t get in on the first test there is always the next, but either way I am saving some euros for MCC on PC.

Ske7ch said on twitter nothing is dropping today. They hope tomorrow the team is still finalizing it. Their announcements are not holding much weight for me lately.