Flight Spartans making it into lore

Since Joe Staten explained that he intends our multiplayer Spartans to be a part of the story (I don’t remember if it was hinted at, or explicitly stated, that there will be single player content where we play as them), I’m wondering if 343i will make the Spartans who are part of the flights also part of the story. It doesn’t make much of a difference but I was thinking it would make a fun reference, similar to how in Final Fantasy XIV they reference the players and events that happened before the game was reset.

I’m so excited for the flight that I can’t help but keep coming back to the forums to interact and I figured I’d like to hear how you feel about the story including these other technical sides that don’t really matter in terms of the game’s lore.

That’s a lot of Spartans to reference!

It would be cool, but as UltiPhalanx above said, that would be a lot of people to reference. Especially after the most recent “news” about how they want to test on a large scale, it seems like it would be hard to implement as an easter egg other than a very long list, but I guess you never know lol

Yeah I assume it’d be a lot of Spartans to reference, I meant it more as in a company of Spartans, rather than individual players being referenced. An easter egg would be quite nice as a wink to the amount of Insiders that help make the game more polished at release.

That seems more doable, I didn’t think of making it like a “batch” of Spartan IVs. Could be described as the first graduating class of the academy or whatever. I definitely think it’d be a cool nod to the insiders.

Yeah i hope they do something for the insiders as well im sure they have some new tricks up their sleeves. I just hope it does well and protects the community from trolls/cheaters.

They could hide the names of all the insiders in some Easter Egg, similar to how a lot of indie games add the names of all of their supporters.

> 2533274965630704;7:
> They could hide the names of all the insiders in some Easter Egg, similar to how a lot of indie games add the names of all of their supporters.

Is a great idea

> 2533274797661806;2:
> That’s a lot of Spartans to reference!

Most definitely.

Maybe a hall of fame where flighters can submit their Spartans name/service tag

> 2533274797661806;2:
> That’s a lot of Spartans to reference!

apparently over 100,000 players have signed up for the Insider. So many people wanna get their hands on Infinite as soon as possible, lmao

> 2533274884507768;11:
> > 2533274797661806;2:
> > That’s a lot of Spartans to reference!
>
> apparently over 100,000 players have signed up for the Insider. So many people wanna get their hands on Infinite as soon as possible, lmao

I read that tweet as 100,000 players have signed up incorrectly for the Insider program, which is why he’s so bummed.

It would be a cool idea but I don’t see it happening but they definitely might reward most people with something cool.

Well, I mean technically speaking the Spartans throughout Halo 4 and up were apart of simulations aboard the Infinity. So they were in the lore. Since the Infinity is destroyed in Infinite I think we’ll be on a fresh slate once again at the Academy. It’d be cool if there was a memorial wall of player names and stuff that is quasi-lore accurate.

> 2533274884507768;1:
> Since Joe Staten explained that he intends our multiplayer Spartans to be a part of the story (I don’t remember if it was hinted at, or explicitly stated, that there will be single player content where we play as them), I’m wondering if 343i will make the Spartans who are part of the flights also part of the story. It doesn’t make much of a difference but I was thinking it would make a fun reference, similar to how in Final Fantasy XIV they reference the players and events that happened before the game was reset.
>
> I’m so excited for the flight that I can’t help but keep coming back to the forums to interact and I figured I’d like to hear how you feel about the story including these other technical sides that don’t really matter in terms of the game’s lore.

That would be a fun easter egg but I doubt it would be feasible given A. We dont know the size of the flight invitations and B. It’d still be a lot of folk!

I like the idea and Im totally onboard but lets not set any expectations just yet, yeah?