Flight Invite - STREAMERS ONLY

Why are you guys only sending out Flight invites to streamers?

Where did you get that idea? They’re clearly not, there’s only one person playing it on twitch right now.

It is expected that people might want to stream their testing of the Halo Reach PC flight. It would be a different story if nearly all of the prominent Halo streamers were invited, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

This build was not an influencer build. Yes some streamers and content creators have access, but that is because they met the criteria that 343 were looking for to help test out the first build and the delivery pipeline.

I saw people complaining about this on Twitter, and I have no point against it because the idea is completely baseless and ill informed.

The few hundred codes have been sent out to random Halo Insider members of various hardware specs to see how it runs on different PCs. That’s all that happens. Yes this likely includes streamers. They are not uncommon.
Please do not take it personally, you weren’t prioritised over for being “less important”, it’s just the way random selection works.

Edit: I don’t really like this comment, it came off too annoyed sounding. I’ll leave it up but sorry in retrospect.

You’re only seeing a tiny portion of all the people who actually received the build since they’re the most public about it so it will give a false impression that they’re the only ones who received it.

Where are all those streamers then? The flight is already on and I can found only one guy streaming on twitch, @figway. Where are the others if your statement is true?

Can confirm flight was not shipped to only streamers

Yeah I agree with everyone else here, if streamers only received the codes we would see a lot of them have access also. And one of my top concerns was for reviewing sites like IGN Ect get exclusive access because they are game media * but thankfully that is not the case yet I believe* I would of liked to test it out my self also as I been playing halo since OG Xbox but that does not qualify me I know ^^. They are looking for participants who met their criteria like others said. I see a lot of complaints for no good reason on the websites such as reddit ect that they were not invited * they already stated that it would be small * Even if not invited I hope the players give adequate feed back so when it does release we can get a polished game that we all enjoy cheers ^^

What annoys me far more is the idiots who leaked the build.

Even if they had prioritised streamers and influencers (which as everyone else has pointed out: they didn’t) I could accept that in terms of creating hype. People leaking stuff just devalues the whole process

I don’t think that it’s because they are streamers.

Most of them have good computors. And because of their “activity”, they spent most of their time on video games, whats mean that they can spent most of their time on the flight, and give important feedback.

I just think that the conditions should be more clear. For example “we focus on people who are;… and have…” .
Minimum config would be interesting too.

You’re really not missing much anyway. They’re just testing distribution and it shows. This build is as bare bones as it gets. No graphics options, locked to 60fps in a borderless window, vsync forced on and no way to turn it off and gsync doesn’t seem to work properly which means you cannot get rid of the vsync input lag. The novelty wears off fast.

> 2533274874872263;10:
> What annoys me far more is the idiots who leaked the build.
>
> Even if they had prioritised streamers and influencers (which as everyone else has pointed out: they didn’t) I could accept that in terms of creating hype. People leaking stuff just devalues the whole process

Yeah, that leak was pretty annoying. Everyone was excited for the start of the flight, then, not even a day after, some buffoon goes and posts his key online. Isn’t it enough to just be one of the few selected for the first flight?

> 2533274818036147;11:
> I don’t think that it’s because they are streamers.
>
> Most of them have good computors. And because of their “activity”, they spent most of their time on video games, whats mean that they can spent most of their time on the flight, and give important feedback.
>
> I just think that the conditions should be more clear. For example “we focus on people who are;… and have…” .
> Minimum config would be interesting too.

I think the problem with being more open about what they are looking for is simple: people would lie.

> 2535471821288889;13:
> > 2533274874872263;10:
> > What annoys me far more is the idiots who leaked the build.
> >
> > Even if they had prioritised streamers and influencers (which as everyone else has pointed out: they didn’t) I could accept that in terms of creating hype. People leaking stuff just devalues the whole process
>
> Yeah, that leak was pretty annoying. Everyone was excited for the start of the flight, then, not even a day after, some buffoon goes and posts his key online. Isn’t it enough to just be one of the few selected for the first flight?

I don’t think anyone posted their key. That would only be good for one person. Someone simply uploaded the files. There’s no DRM to speak of aside from Steam which is easily bypassed. They had to know this would happen and if they truly cared, they’d have put some kind of DRM in place. They probably deemed it wasn’t worth it since there’s nothing nefarious pirates can do with this build anyway. It’s a single campaign mission. And pirates having it has zero impact on the data 343 is gathering.

> 2533274861485842;1:
> Why are you guys only sending out Flight invites to streamers?

How come blizzard is only giving out keys to the classic beta to only streamers? I’ve supported this game through thick and thin and they ignore me for those toxic streamers who are destroying WoW like that asmonbald. Wait… this isn’t the WoW fourms… sorry, i got confused when i saw this topic.

<p></p> It’s understandable to select content creators for the smallest flight for more exposure then expand out later. Either or reach will come out eventually and i still can’t believe its being ported in the first place.

I’ve seen about 2 streamers with the build, and ~1000 invites went out. It’s okay that you’re upset you didn’t get an invite, but there’s no reason to be this angry about it, they said they’re going to try to work more people in for the future flights, although with the way you’re acting, it wouldn’t surprise me if you’re left out of those as well.

I’m willing to bet money that if they made the flight a multiplayer one and invited more people there wouldn’t be this reaction. They don’t need exposure for this game. Anytime they report something basically all gaming articles report it. You honestly see the same article from about 10 different places within a day or two of each other. Plus it’s one of the most wishlisted games on steam.

Closing this off now as it’s not really a productive discussion. 343 were fairly clear from the outset on what to expect from these builds starting out and how things would progress over time. As I mentioned further up, this first build was not sent only to streamers. Here is a comment from ske7ch regarding that:
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1144771924565741569

> I said this elsewhere but for the record, about 5/6 of the total audience is Halo Insider and we added in some streamer folks who we have relationships with (who btw were also registered as Insiders anyways).