Flight 3 Question - Uninstall

Hi All,

I really enjoyed playing the Reach Flight 3 on PC. Now that the flight is over and the game is about to come out, I was wondering how to uninstall the Reach Flight so I can get those 10GB back in order to have more space for MCC on PC. Where is the installation folder for Reach?

Thanks

Which app did you download it on (Steam or Microsoft Store)?
If it’s the MS version, downloading the latest ‘update’ for the game should remove it, leaving the usual ~100MB placeholder files.
If it’s Steam you’re usually given a choice on where to download each game but it’ll generally be in ‘Steam - SteamApps - common’ (wherever you installed Steam) unless the flight program works differently for whatever reason.

Failing that, this page goes over typical default install locations for games and apps on both platforms.
Keep in mind that the installation folder might have an odd name; the MS Store version is ‘Microsoft.Cascade-Beta…’

P.S. Good luck with your next run PogChamp

> 2533274822214047;1:
> Hi All,
>
> I really enjoyed playing the Reach Flight 3 on PC. Now that the flight is over and the game is about to come out, I was wondering how to uninstall the Reach Flight so I can get those 10GB back in order to have more space for MCC on PC. Where is the installation folder for Reach?
>
> Thanks

Yes of corse! On 3 December there is the game complete

> 2533274841265539;2:
> Which app did you download it on (Steam or Microsoft Store)?
> If it’s the MS version, downloading the latest ‘update’ for the game should remove it, leaving the usual ~100MB placeholder files.
> If it’s Steam you’re usually given a choice on where to download each game but it’ll generally be in ‘Steam - SteamApps - common’ (wherever you installed Steam) unless the flight program works differently for whatever reason.
>
> Failing that, this page goes over typical default install locations for games and apps on both platforms.
> Keep in mind that the installation folder might have an odd name; the MS Store version is ‘Microsoft.Cascade-Beta…’
>
> P.S. Good luck with your next run PogChamp

Thanks! I was using Microsoft Store for the Flight 3. I simply uninstalled insider and the xbox app and all the apps related to the flight. I don’t think it was updated prior to that though. Are the files still gone?

> 2533274822214047;4:
> > 2533274841265539;2:
> >
>
> Thanks! I was using Microsoft Store for the Flight 3. I simply uninstalled insider and the xbox app and all the apps related to the flight. I don’t think it was updated prior to that though. Are the files still gone?

Open up your Microsoft Store app and check ‘Downloads and updates’ - if ‘Halo: MCC Insider’ is there chances are it’ll have an update ready which will remove the bulk of the files, leaving some placeholders.
If it isn’t there, chances are it’s been uninstalled or that update has already been applied, in which case you don’t have to worry.

To double check, you might have to snoop around for that ‘Microsoft.Cascade-beta…’ file.
If you used the default install location on the MS Store (which you may have done - I did it accidentally) it’s likely located somewhere in your (C:) drive. Search for the above file; you may get a few results but it should be one close to 11GB in size and have, among other things, a ‘haloreach’ subfolder contained within it.

> 2533274841265539;5:
> > 2533274822214047;4:
> > > 2533274841265539;2:
> > >
> >
> > Thanks! I was using Microsoft Store for the Flight 3. I simply uninstalled insider and the xbox app and all the apps related to the flight. I don’t think it was updated prior to that though. Are the files still gone?
>
> Open up your Microsoft Store app and check ‘Downloads and updates’ - if ‘Halo: MCC Insider’ is there chances are it’ll have an update ready which will remove the bulk of the files, leaving some placeholders.
> If it isn’t there, chances are it’s been uninstalled or that update has already been applied, in which case you don’t have to worry.
>
> To double check, you might have to snoop around for that ‘Microsoft.Cascade-beta…’ file.
> If you used the default install location on the MS Store (which you may have done - I did it accidentally) it’s likely located somewhere in your (C:) drive. Search for the above file; you may get a few results but it should be one close to 11GB in size and have, among other things, a ‘haloreach’ subfolder contained within it.

Thank you very much for the help! I did not find the file ‘Microsoft.Cascade-beta’ file, or was able to mess with the Halo: MCC Insider in the store. I’ll assume that the files are gone. Thanks again!