Flight #2 Thoughts So Far

I’ve finished playing for tonight and here are my thoughts.

The training mode is a nice addition to the game. It’s an easy way to warm up and mess with different weapons without dealing with the sweatiness of multiplayer or dragging someone into custom games. Bot Slayer is back but the bots feel easier if not the same. Every time I play this playlist my team tends to wipe the floor with the bots and it’s just flat out boring, no perceivable challenge.

PVP on the other hand is a mixed bag. It didn’t take long before the game turned into an absolute sweat-fest and I completely underestimated how quickly it would become that. I was playing with some friends this flight and just about every match felt like playing against people who’ve played way longer than any of the flights. It’s not very fun for casual play most of the time. At least this is the case when I’m playing with two other friends. It looks like there’s a ranking system too? Thing is though, I don’t think it’s doing its job. I’m yet to try solo-queuing. Maybe briefly tonight or tomorrow.

Grenade spamming appears to have made a return from CE. I had several instances where it seemed half the map was bombarded with nades. Not fun if you’re on the receiving end of the spam lol.

A lot of the performance issues from last flight appear to be fixed which I LOVE, that was a gripe I had last flight with so many hiccups. I only thing I noticed was that after an extended period of playing would increase the likelihood and frequency of lag spikes, which I think are known issues on PC. Most of the game feels great to play when it works. I had one time where the game outright crashed and booted me out, and another where it stopped responding and it had to be closed with task manager. I don’t remember ever having to use task manager in the previous flight. Hope that’s fixed soon.

I think there’s some server lag going on as well as I’ve had several instances where things didn’t seem to behave as expected. I’ve even been killed by melee in a weird angle too. The speed of which some people turned as well seemed weird. I hope something funky isn’t going on with some the participants.

I wish we could get access to Behemoth sooner as I’m really interested to play around on it. I wonder why they’re saving it until Sunday?

Feel free to discuss below your own thoughts below. I’m just trying to share my own thoughts and potential feedback about the game.

I never understood the sweat complaint or the nade spam complaint

Any game in which there is a winner and loser will always be inherently sweaty given people will want to play to win. CE all the way through H5 was like this. Ive noticed a trend (not saying this is you specifically as I dont know you) where players in general immediantly call games/players sweaty if they begin losing and getting beat. Someone hitting there shots does mean they are sweaty, just means they are good.

Social realistically has always been as sweaty as ranked, however, peoples mind sets are different in them (generally). People like to think social is a more relaxed mode where people go to chill purely cause its names social and ranked its allowed to be sweaty cause it wheres its goals of winning on its sleave. Social is ranked only with more casual friendly settings and an increase in sandbox availability. Whether it becomes sweaty or not is purely based on onse definition of the term and lately its really shifted to “the other player is better then me, must be sweaty”

That being said, there are of course things that need addressing and or clarification. In the flight, is MM pitting solos against eachother and prioritizing teams against teams? NO idea but that could be something playing into it lol

As for nades, idk nades and pre-nading has ALWAYS been a thing in halo. Doesnt matter the radar settings aka what version, if its there, if its not etc. People pre-nade to start engagements as well as nade where they think players will be. Infinites nade count is no different. What they could do is slightly increase the spawn timer for new nades on the map if people think its an issue. I personally think its no different then any halo prior but thats just me and my obersvations

> 2533274840624875;2:
> I never understood the sweat complaint or the nade spam complaint
>
> Any game in which there is a winner and loser will always be inherently sweaty given people will want to play to win. CE all the way through H5 was like this. Ive noticed a trend (not saying this is you specifically as I dont know you) where players in general immediantly call games/players sweaty if they begin losing and getting beat. Someone hitting there shots does mean they are sweaty, just means they are good.
>
> Social realistically has always been as sweaty as ranked, however, peoples mind sets are different in them (generally). People like to think social is a more relaxed mode where people go to chill purely cause its names social and ranked its allowed to be sweaty cause it wheres its goals of winning on its sleave. Social is ranked only with more casual friendly settings and an increase in sandbox availability. Whether it becomes sweaty or not is purely based on onse definition of the term and lately its really shifted to “the other player is better then me, must be sweaty”
>
> That being said, there are of course things that need addressing and or clarification. In the flight, is MM pitting solos against eachother and prioritizing teams against teams? NO idea but that could be something playing into it lol
>
> As for nades, idk nades and pre-nading has ALWAYS been a thing in halo. Doesnt matter the radar settings aka what version, if its there, if its not etc. People pre-nade to start engagements as well as nade where they think players will be. Infinites nade count is no different. What they could do is slightly increase the spawn timer for new nades on the map if people think its an issue. I personally think its no different then any halo prior but thats just me and my obersvations

I think he maybe getting at is in the first flight, everyone seem to do their own thing and play the game. In this flight, the ttk feels really fast and if your shot first, you might as well get ready to respawn. I’m having a lot less fun with this flight. The load out weapons feel off. I’m constantly getting melted by the sidekick and the lag spikes this time are horrible for me.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> I never understood the sweat complaint or the nade spam complaint
>
> Any game in which there is a winner and loser will always be inherently sweaty given people will want to play to win. CE all the way through H5 was like this. Ive noticed a trend (not saying this is you specifically as I dont know you) where players in general immediantly call games/players sweaty if they begin losing and getting beat. Someone hitting there shots does mean they are sweaty, just means they are good.
>
> Social realistically has always been as sweaty as ranked, however, peoples mind sets are different in them (generally). People like to think social is a more relaxed mode where people go to chill purely cause its names social and ranked its allowed to be sweaty cause it wheres its goals of winning on its sleave. Social is ranked only with more casual friendly settings and an increase in sandbox availability. Whether it becomes sweaty or not is purely based on onse definition of the term and lately its really shifted to “the other player is better then me, must be sweaty”
>
> That being said, there are of course things that need addressing and or clarification. In the flight, is MM pitting solos against eachother and prioritizing teams against teams? NO idea but that could be something playing into it lol
>
> As for nades, idk nades and pre-nading has ALWAYS been a thing in halo. Doesnt matter the radar settings aka what version, if its there, if its not etc. People pre-nade to start engagements as well as nade where they think players will be. Infinites nade count is no different. What they could do is slightly increase the spawn timer for new nades on the map if people think its an issue. I personally think its no different then any halo prior but thats just me and my obersvations

The nade spamming is a Halo thing for sure, especially defensive nading and pre-nading. The issue with nades is infinite’s damage zone for the nades is way bigger than previous titles. I’m behind corners still taking half damage. I’ve seen nades go by me as I’m sprinting and they’re bouncing and yet still doing full damage. They need to go back to a smaller splash zone for them

Is there SBMM in these flights? I’ve been doing decent running solo, but I had a stretch of like 3 or 4 games straight where my team is getting crushed and I’m on top at like 12-12 or like 8-9. I usually always go at least positive, but that stretch made me wanna quit lol. Especially when the rest of my team went like 2-12, 4-10, etc. Ugh.

I think that point you brought up at the end there may sum it up. Yes I’m mature enough to admit that. I thought about it a bit and I think the likely issue is that in some instances, there’s an obvious disparity in skill, which could make the game more frustrating for some and seemingly more “unfair”. If I’m going to be honest, if the person complaining cares about winning at all, he very likely also tried to sweat as well. So technically everyone that plays to win is “sweaty”, so the issue is more likely the skill disparity we may encounter in which we incorrectly, maybe instinctively, call “sweatiness”.

> I think he maybe getting at is in the first flight, everyone seem to do their own thing and play the game. In this flight, the ttk feels really fast and if your shot first, you might as well get ready to respawn. I’m having a lot less fun with this flight. The load out weapons feel off. I’m constantly getting melted by the sidekick and the lag spikes this time are horrible for me.

I’m probably partially with you on that. I just now had several instances where I got melted by the sidekick and I would say it is a bit much. I would otherwise be 100% alright with the TTK but sometimes it just doesn’t feel right when you don’t even have a chance to react, especially when the entire team is lasering you. I don’t know if TTK will be changed anytime soon, if at all, so I think the best way to handle it now would be finding the proper balancing settings.

On another note, I just solo-queued and I do think I’m more likely to have a better time solo-queuing. If that’s true across the board, maybe something can be set up for that? Just a thought.