Flight #2 (4v4 PVP) - My Takeaways For Improvement

And so concludes another bountiful weekend of Halo Infinite flight testing. Im writing this as more of an “open letter” of sorts to the dev team. Rather than bore you with a wall of text that I did when I typed my report last time, I’d rather compile it into a shorter, categorized list of some things I noticed playing this flight. As always, thank you to the Dev team for working hard to get this flight out, selecting me to participate, and taking this feedback to heart. The game overall plays amazing and is really fun, but not everything is perfect, especially in a test. I would like to address my few chief concerns with the game;

Performance Notes;

• The game looks and plays great on Xbox Series X. - However, again, the same cannot be said for PC. The game ran smoother than last flight, but again, more work is required on PC optimization. Not to toot my own horn, but my PC is more on the beefy end (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RX 5700XT) and I was still only able to consistently stay above 60FPS on Medium settings. Possibly look into the minimum/maximum framerate setting as I found these to have odd and unexpected results on performance. - The Game was maxing out my GPU, causing Streamlabs to lag frames on my stream. - Some lighting/shader effects were broken; such as the ‘Lightish Red’ AI color appearing as orange. - The game’s master volume resets on every restart. - Aiming with Controller feels “clunky”, inconsistent, and overall strange. Several people on various platforms have discussed this, and I’m sure the team is looking into it. I found that setting my stick dead zone settings to zero helped a lot. - Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism is not acting as it should. This ties into the previous statement. Controller needs some work on aim assist implementation as well as bullet magnetism. The game overall feels very difficult to play on a controller for this reason. I would hope the goal is for Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism to function in line with previous Halo games. - “Infinite” Wet Floor Signs. Balancing Notes;

• Melee Trades are happening too frequently. This one is self-explanatory. - Reload Cancel/BXB. I’m sure the team is aware of this one. (EDIT: Maybe keep an option for this in custom games? A mode where it’s just this + Black Eye Skull would be actually really fun.) - Skill-Based Matchmaking. Pitchforks down, I know it wasn’t in the flight, but Infinite is gonna need it. Again, not to toot my own horn, but I like to think I’m pretty good at shooters from a casual standpoint. In the flight test, I was getting my -Yoink- absolutely rocked. Super sweaty lobbies. Especially in a game that’s going F2P, SBMM is going to be required at launch. - Starting Weapons are a little too good. This one has also been being thrown around quite a bit. Part of the necessity in players “scavenging” for new weapons is because their starting weapons aren’t great. In Infinite, I found myself able to go toe-to-toe with BRs/Commandos/Ravagers/etc and vice versa. I want to say that both the MA40 and MK50 Sidekick need to have range scaled way back and base damage slightly decreased. Other options would be to lower magazine size/ROF.Overall, the game is in a very playable state. but it needs just a bit more polishing up. I’m sure the final product is going to be amazing and worthy of justifying my purchase of a Series X. I would like to thank the dev team again for listening to this feedback, and for having me in the flight.

Heres to BTB next week!

Strongly disagree on the strict skill based matchmaking for social you were likely getting stomped because all the sweats have come out. I’m one of those sweats and even I was barely going even in most of my games. If 343 wants to trend chase again and implement SKBMM or social like COD (again copying them). Then I’m writing off this franchise for good.

> 2535431951485053;2:
> Strongly disagree on the strict skill based matchmaking for social you were likely getting stomped because all the sweats have come out. I’m one of those sweats and even I was barely going even in most of my games. If 343 wants to trend chase again and implement SKBMM or social like COD (again copying them). Then I’m writing off this franchise for good.

That’s what I meant. I don’t particularly mind whether or not SBMM is implemented to social lists, but if Comp is like this it’s gonna be rough.

Believe it or not, SBMM is in almost every shooter these days. COD just gets blasted for it because of how poorly implemented it was into MW and BOCW.

> 2535470151445745;3:
> > 2535431951485053;2:
> > Strongly disagree on the strict skill based matchmaking for social you were likely getting stomped because all the sweats have come out. I’m one of those sweats and even I was barely going even in most of my games. If 343 wants to trend chase again and implement SKBMM or social like COD (again copying them). Then I’m writing off this franchise for good.
>
> That’s what I meant. I don’t particularly mind whether or not SBMM is implemented to social lists, but if Comp is like this it’s gonna be rough.
>
> Believe it or not, SBMM is in almost every shooter these days. COD just gets blasted for it because of how poorly implemented it was into MW and BOCW.

Ik it was in the older halos too and my bad I must have misread. Yeah I wouldn’t worry about comp matching you up with the people you saw in the flight some of those guys could probably hold their own against legit pros

> 2535470151445745;1:
> And so concludes another bountiful weekend of Halo Infinite flight testing. Im writing this as more of an “open letter” of sorts to the dev team. Rather than bore you with a wall of text that I did when I typed my report last time, I’d rather compile it into a shorter, categorized list of some things I noticed playing this flight. As always, thank you to the Dev team for working hard to get this flight out, selecting me to participate, and taking this feedback to heart. The game overall plays amazing and is really fun, but not everything is perfect, especially in a test. I would like to address my few chief concerns with the game;
>
> Performance Notes; - The game looks and plays great on Xbox Series X. - However, again, the same cannot be said for PC. The game ran smoother than last flight, but again, more work is required on PC optimization. Not to toot my own horn, but my PC is more on the beefy end (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RX 5700XT) and I was still only able to consistently stay above 60FPS on Medium settings. Possibly look into the minimum/maximum framerate setting as I found these to have odd and unexpected results on performance. - The Game was maxing out my GPU, causing Streamlabs to lag frames on my stream. - Some lighting/shader effects were broken; such as the ‘Lightish Red’ AI color appearing as orange. - The game’s master volume resets on every restart. - Aiming with Controller feels “clunky”, inconsistent, and overall strange. Several people on various platforms have discussed this, and I’m sure the team is looking into it. I found that setting my stick dead zone settings to zero helped a lot. - Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism is not acting as it should. This ties into the previous statement. Controller needs some work on aim assist implementation as well as bullet magnetism. The game overall feels very difficult to play on a controller for this reason. I would hope the goal is for Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism to function in line with previous Halo games. - “Infinite” Wet Floor Signs. Balancing Notes; - Melee Trades are happening too frequently. This one is self-explanatory. - Reload Cancel/BXB. I’m sure the team is aware of this one. (EDIT: Maybe keep an option for this in custom games? A mode where it’s just this + Black Eye Skull would be actually really fun.) - Skill-Based Matchmaking. Pitchforks down, I know it wasn’t in the flight, but Infinite is gonna need it. Again, not to toot my own horn, but I like to think I’m pretty good at shooters from a casual standpoint. In the flight test, I was getting my -Yoink- absolutely rocked. Super sweaty lobbies. Especially in a game that’s going F2P, SBMM is going to be required at launch. - Starting Weapons are a little too good. This one has also been being thrown around quite a bit. Part of the necessity in players “scavenging” for new weapons is because their starting weapons aren’t great. In Infinite, I found myself able to go toe-to-toe with BRs/Commandos/Ravagers/etc and vice versa. I want to say that both the MA40 and MK50 Sidekick need to have range scaled way back and base damage slightly decreased. Other options would be to lower magazine size/ROF.Overall, the game is in a very playable state. but it needs just a bit more polishing up. I’m sure the final product is going to be amazing and worthy of justifying my purchase of a Series X. I would like to thank the dev team again for listening to this feedback, and for having me in the flight.
>
> Heres to BTB next week!

Finally someone posts some good feedback and not some random BS!. Good points, I don’t agree with starting weapons being too good. They are balanced IMO, Melee trades have been a thing now for a couple halos, I don’t see them taking it out. I found after messing with settings the controller was quite good and I like where it is at. I know they wont do anything about this, but I really think the outline system needs work. It is still hard to differentiate between low shields, no shields, Half shields and just having a little damage on the opponents. In other Halos I had no problems picking out the weak opponents, In infinite its a complete guessing game. Everything else you posted spot on. Also you know there is still tomorrow to be played as it doesn’t end till Monday?

I don’t agree with nerfing the AR or Sidekick. Now they are actually useful weapons and fun to use.

Last thing we need is everyone resorting to the battle rifle all the time.

> 2533274843158966;5:
> > 2535470151445745;1:
> > And so concludes another bountiful weekend of Halo Infinite flight testing. Im writing this as more of an “open letter” of sorts to the dev team. Rather than bore you with a wall of text that I did when I typed my report last time, I’d rather compile it into a shorter, categorized list of some things I noticed playing this flight. As always, thank you to the Dev team for working hard to get this flight out, selecting me to participate, and taking this feedback to heart. The game overall plays amazing and is really fun, but not everything is perfect, especially in a test. I would like to address my few chief concerns with the game;
> >
> > Performance Notes; - The game looks and plays great on Xbox Series X. - However, again, the same cannot be said for PC. The game ran smoother than last flight, but again, more work is required on PC optimization. Not to toot my own horn, but my PC is more on the beefy end (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RX 5700XT) and I was still only able to consistently stay above 60FPS on Medium settings. Possibly look into the minimum/maximum framerate setting as I found these to have odd and unexpected results on performance. - The Game was maxing out my GPU, causing Streamlabs to lag frames on my stream. - Some lighting/shader effects were broken; such as the ‘Lightish Red’ AI color appearing as orange. - The game’s master volume resets on every restart. - Aiming with Controller feels “clunky”, inconsistent, and overall strange. Several people on various platforms have discussed this, and I’m sure the team is looking into it. I found that setting my stick dead zone settings to zero helped a lot. - Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism is not acting as it should. This ties into the previous statement. Controller needs some work on aim assist implementation as well as bullet magnetism. The game overall feels very difficult to play on a controller for this reason. I would hope the goal is for Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism to function in line with previous Halo games. - “Infinite” Wet Floor Signs.Balancing Notes; - Melee Trades are happening too frequently. This one is self-explanatory. - Reload Cancel/BXB. I’m sure the team is aware of this one. (EDIT: Maybe keep an option for this in custom games? A mode where it’s just this + Black Eye Skull would be actually really fun.) - Skill-Based Matchmaking. Pitchforks down, I know it wasn’t in the flight, but Infinite is gonna need it. Again, not to toot my own horn, but I like to think I’m pretty good at shooters from a casual standpoint. In the flight test, I was getting my -Yoink- absolutely rocked. Super sweaty lobbies. Especially in a game that’s going F2P, SBMM is going to be required at launch. - Starting Weapons are a little too good. This one has also been being thrown around quite a bit. Part of the necessity in players “scavenging” for new weapons is because their starting weapons aren’t great. In Infinite, I found myself able to go toe-to-toe with BRs/Commandos/Ravagers/etc and vice versa. I want to say that both the MA40 and MK50 Sidekick need to have range scaled way back and base damage slightly decreased. Other options would be to lower magazine size/ROF.Overall, the game is in a very playable state. but it needs just a bit more polishing up. I’m sure the final product is going to be amazing and worthy of justifying my purchase of a Series X. I would like to thank the dev team again for listening to this feedback, and for having me in the flight.
> >
> > Heres to BTB next week!
>
> Finally someone posts some good feedback and not some random BS!. Good points, I don’t agree with starting weapons being too good. They are balanced IMO, Melee trades have been a thing now for a couple halos, I don’t see them taking it out. I found after messing with settings the controller was quite good and I like where it is at. I know they wont do anything about this, but I really think the outline system needs work. It is still hard to differentiate between low shields, no shields, Half shields and just having a little damage on the opponents. In other Halos I had no problems picking out the weak opponents, In infinite its a complete guessing game. Everything else you posted spot on. Also you know there is still tomorrow to be played as it doesn’t end till Monday?

I don’t understand why I kept thinking it was Sunday… smfh. What are your controller settings? I’m interested

Concludes? We still have more flight PvP today dude

> 2535470151445745;7:
> > 2533274843158966;5:
> > > 2535470151445745;1:
> > > And so concludes another bountiful weekend of Halo Infinite flight testing. Im writing this as more of an “open letter” of sorts to the dev team. Rather than bore you with a wall of text that I did when I typed my report last time, I’d rather compile it into a shorter, categorized list of some things I noticed playing this flight. As always, thank you to the Dev team for working hard to get this flight out, selecting me to participate, and taking this feedback to heart. The game overall plays amazing and is really fun, but not everything is perfect, especially in a test. I would like to address my few chief concerns with the game;
> > >
> > > Performance Notes; - The game looks and plays great on Xbox Series X. - However, again, the same cannot be said for PC. The game ran smoother than last flight, but again, more work is required on PC optimization. Not to toot my own horn, but my PC is more on the beefy end (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RX 5700XT) and I was still only able to consistently stay above 60FPS on Medium settings. Possibly look into the minimum/maximum framerate setting as I found these to have odd and unexpected results on performance. - The Game was maxing out my GPU, causing Streamlabs to lag frames on my stream. - Some lighting/shader effects were broken; such as the ‘Lightish Red’ AI color appearing as orange. - The game’s master volume resets on every restart. - Aiming with Controller feels “clunky”, inconsistent, and overall strange. Several people on various platforms have discussed this, and I’m sure the team is looking into it. I found that setting my stick dead zone settings to zero helped a lot. - Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism is not acting as it should. This ties into the previous statement. Controller needs some work on aim assist implementation as well as bullet magnetism. The game overall feels very difficult to play on a controller for this reason. I would hope the goal is for Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism to function in line with previous Halo games. - “Infinite” Wet Floor Signs.Balancing Notes; - Melee Trades are happening too frequently. This one is self-explanatory. - Reload Cancel/BXB. I’m sure the team is aware of this one. (EDIT: Maybe keep an option for this in custom games? A mode where it’s just this + Black Eye Skull would be actually really fun.) - Skill-Based Matchmaking. Pitchforks down, I know it wasn’t in the flight, but Infinite is gonna need it. Again, not to toot my own horn, but I like to think I’m pretty good at shooters from a casual standpoint. In the flight test, I was getting my -Yoink- absolutely rocked. Super sweaty lobbies. Especially in a game that’s going F2P, SBMM is going to be required at launch. - Starting Weapons are a little too good. This one has also been being thrown around quite a bit. Part of the necessity in players “scavenging” for new weapons is because their starting weapons aren’t great. In Infinite, I found myself able to go toe-to-toe with BRs/Commandos/Ravagers/etc and vice versa. I want to say that both the MA40 and MK50 Sidekick need to have range scaled way back and base damage slightly decreased. Other options would be to lower magazine size/ROF.Overall, the game is in a very playable state. but it needs just a bit more polishing up. I’m sure the final product is going to be amazing and worthy of justifying my purchase of a Series X. I would like to thank the dev team again for listening to this feedback, and for having me in the flight.
> > >
> > > Heres to BTB next week!
> >
> > Finally someone posts some good feedback and not some random BS!. Good points, I don’t agree with starting weapons being too good. They are balanced IMO, Melee trades have been a thing now for a couple halos, I don’t see them taking it out. I found after messing with settings the controller was quite good and I like where it is at. I know they wont do anything about this, but I really think the outline system needs work. It is still hard to differentiate between low shields, no shields, Half shields and just having a little damage on the opponents. In other Halos I had no problems picking out the weak opponents, In infinite its a complete guessing game. Everything else you posted spot on. Also you know there is still tomorrow to be played as it doesn’t end till Monday?
>
> I don’t understand why I kept thinking it was Sunday… smfh. What are your controller settings? I’m interested

Complex to be sure! Move center deadzone: 0, look: CD 6, Move MIT:3.5, Look: MIT 3.5, Move: axial DZ 5, Look AD 5, Look acceleration 2, horizontal sens 3.5, Vertical sens 3.5.
I do feel I can still mess with them a bit more to find Optimal, but for me this is a good starting point. I have always been someone who played with low sensitivity, as My Philosophy has been I will compromise being able to turn quickly if I can control my aim better.