Flat Pistol

Who else does not like the look of the new Pistol in the Halo infinite demo

it looks like a pistol. How about we phrase this constructively and instead work it like “I dislike the design of the side kick and heres why”

Maybe im in the minority, but the original ce halo magnum has always looked ugly to me lol

And to be fair, it isn’t the same gun. Pretty sure its called the sidekick but I could be wrong. It looks good imo.

> 2533274815938300;3:
> Maybe im in the minority, but the original ce halo magnum has always looked ugly to me lol
>
> And to be fair, it isn’t the same gun. Pretty sure its called the sidekick but I could be wrong. It looks good imo.

Does not look like a pistol made for a Spartan

Add a hand guard and the Sidekick would look just like the M6C. So I mean :man_shrugging:

It “looks” ok. But the appearance of a weapon won’t make a difference to me. I want to know how powerful is it? It looks pretty close to the Halo 2 pistol. Not awful. Great against Grunts. Not so good against Elites. Which is exactly what the lore makes any pistol.

I wouldn’t put too much worry into it.

> 2535432806702036;6:
> It “looks” ok. But the appearance of a weapon won’t make a difference to me. I want to know how powerful is it? It looks pretty close to the Halo 2 pistol. Not awful. Great against Grunts. Not so good against Elites. Which is exactly what the lore makes any pistol.
>
> I wouldn’t put too much worry into it.

I just like the other look better

> 2533274845153375;4:
> > 2533274815938300;3:
> > Maybe im in the minority, but the original ce halo magnum has always looked ugly to me lol
> >
> > And to be fair, it isn’t the same gun. Pretty sure its called the sidekick but I could be wrong. It looks good imo.
>
> Does not look like a pistol made for a Spartan

Most weapons weren’t designed for Spartans, they were designed for Marines and ODST’s. Spartans just use them as tools of the battlefield while keeping in mind their own strength while using them. So, yeah, of course a pistol probably meant to be put in a Marines hands isn’t going to look like it belongs in the grasp of a 7’2" behemoth in power armor.

> 2533274845153375;1:
> Who else does not like the look of the new Pistol in the Halo infinite demo

Aesthetically, I prefer the Magnum, specifically the classic model of the Magnum.
The Sidekick - It looks like the Halo 2 Magnum or the Halo 3: ODST Magnum. The M6C as mentioned above. Yeah, not terribly effective barring the target has already had it’s shielding completely stripped away before using it for a finisher headshot. If the target still has shielding, you’re spending several magazines for one kill. Also doesn’t have the greatest effective range for only being useable as a precision finisher for armor-stripped enemies. Why I always drop it for a Carbine given a chance.

Being given a weapon that I only want to swap out for a more standard weapon that does it’s role even better is a feeling I don’t like. Halo 1-3 do something similar with the Assault Rifle, which behaves very poorly, even compared to full-auto rifles from 2001, when the thing was first published. I always wanted a Plasma Rifle or Plasma Pistol to replace it as soon as possible.

Perhaps that aspect is intentional. You may be intended to be motivated to swap up ASAP. But honestly, I expect better from the UNSC by 2560, after having time to innovate Forerunner technology into their own.

If it is a short-range precision weapon like the M6C, I want it to be able to actually punch through armor better. I’m always gonna be saddened at the loss of my classic Magnum design, though.

It just looks like a standard pistol you’d find in a shop today… so I’m not a huge fan. It’s not a huge deal to me, but I’d prefer we just stuck with the magnum we’ve had for every game so far. I’m not sure why 343 felt the need to fix something that wasn’t broken here.

> 2535435902217648;10:
> It just looks like a standard pistol you’d find in a shop today… so I’m not a huge fan. It’s not a huge deal to me, but I’d prefer we just stuck with the magnum we’ve had for every game so far. I’m not sure why 343 felt the need to fix something that wasn’t broken here.

Most likely it’s a different kind of pistol. We also still don’t know exactly what weapons will be in the game yet, so there’s a chance that a more recognizable M6-series pistol could appear.

> 2535415281557761;9:
> > 2533274845153375;1:
> > Perhaps that aspect is intentional. You may be intended to be motivated to swap up ASAP. But honestly, I expect better from the UNSC by 2560, after having time to innovate Forerunner technology into their own.

they don’t given they are under marshall law essentially (and just like anything military, it takes forever for them to change gear). Gotta realize that, timeline-wise, it hasn’t been long since H1 in regards to infinite

> 2533274840624875;12:
> > 2535415281557761;9:
> > > 2533274845153375;1:
> > > Perhaps that aspect is intentional. You may be intended to be motivated to swap up ASAP. But honestly, I expect better from the UNSC by 2560, after having time to innovate Forerunner technology into their own.
>
> they don’t given they are under marshall law essentially (and just like anything military, it takes forever for them to change gear). Gotta realize that, timeline-wise, it hasn’t been long since H1 in regards to infinite

You realise the UNSC Infinity has a massive Forerunner Slipspace Drive/Engine embedded in it, right?

It looks too generic in my opinion. As if it came from CoD or some other shooter that uses real life guns. After seeing the sniper and spanker in the December update I’m sure the pistol looks better than it did in the demo but my issue with it is the general design rather than the textures/colour. Thankfully it is just supposed to be a regular old pistol and not the magnum. If that was the magnum THEN I would really have a problem.

Like many others said, it looks like a generic 2020 pistol. Most of all I don’t understand why they ditched the iconic magnum design

To me I’m less concerned about how it looks and more interested in it’s in game performance and the role it plays in the games sandbox.

The look is different to recent sidearms but it’s remarkably similar to Halo 2’s Pistol. This is more of a Pistol than a Magnum.

It looks awkward honestly. At first I thought it just looked generic, but looking at a screenshot more closely, it just looks uncomfortable. If it had the exaggerated trigger guard and top attachment that we are used to, it would have a sci-fi look. Without it, it just looks weird to me

> 2533274815938300;3:
> Maybe im in the minority, but the original ce halo magnum has always looked ugly to me lol
>
> And to be fair, it isn’t the same gun. Pretty sure its called the sidekick but I could be wrong. It looks good imo.

Know it doesn’t are you crazy or what

> 2533275031939856;14:
> It looks too generic in my opinion. As if it came from CoD or some other shooter that uses real life guns. After seeing the sniper and spanker in the December update I’m sure the pistol looks better than it did in the demo but my issue with it is the general design rather than the textures/colour. Thankfully it is just supposed to be a regular old pistol and not the magnum. If that was the magnum THEN I would really have a problem.

I hope you are right that is just a regular pistol and I also hope the magnum will be in Halo Infinite

> 2535415281557761;13:
> > 2533274840624875;12:
> > > 2535415281557761;9:
> > > > 2533274845153375;1:
> > > > Perhaps that aspect is intentional. You may be intended to be motivated to swap up ASAP. But honestly, I expect better from the UNSC by 2560, after having time to innovate Forerunner technology into their own.
> >
> > they don’t given they are under marshall law essentially (and just like anything military, it takes forever for them to change gear). Gotta realize that, timeline-wise, it hasn’t been long since H1 in regards to infinite
>
> You realise the UNSC Infinity has a massive Forerunner Slipspace Drive/Engine embedded in it, right?

the infinity isn’t the same as gun manufacturing. There is 1 infinity (and 1 smaller sister ship). There are prob billions of guns. They would have to design them, manufactur them, test them, then mass produce them, and then distribute them. Many of the guns we see are iterations of older models, the sidekick may even be that and everyone just assumes its newly developed. We will have to wait on the actual lore on some of the newer human firearms. I am just saying logistically, its not a 1 to 1 comparison to developing 1 ship with a forerunner slipspace drive