Flaming helmet

Dear, 343 Industries
I do not expect you to read this for one reason or another but I think it would a really cool thing of you guys and gals to do if flaming helmet for Halo Reach would be released once again for a short while (Blue or Red I don’t care which one) but the reason behind this is a lot of people still play Halo Reach and this would keep them interested for a while as well as promoting Halo and 343I to these players who still play the older games. Also it would mean a lot to me and a handful of my friends(who still play Reach on a weekly basis) who are deciding weather to get Xbox ones and the Master chief collection or not. Sorry if I come out a little winy and thanks for your time.

What does the Halo Reach community think???

This has been discussed and answered so many times already, a quick search for blue flames would have shown that.
Blue Flames are not available any more. The only way you could receive them was via the Bungie iOS app and a setting on their website, which was only available for a limited time. When Halo was transferred to 343 this aspect of it was not passed over, so 343 have no way of unlocking them. Red flames can only be granted by redeeming the codes that come with the Legendary version of the game.

To add onto what stckrboy stated, look at this through a logical aspect too. It really wouldn’t be fair to the Halo Reach players who actually bought the legendary edition of Halo Reach to unlock the Legendary (Red Flames) armor effect for everybody. It was one of several rewards for people who put out a little extra coin for the legendary edition of Reach. The same applies to the Eternal (Blue Flames) armor effect if 343i had a way to unlock it, which they don’t.

Also from a business standpoint to unlock the Legendary Armor effect for everybody would be bad. Then people would spam 343i for free FOTUS release for everybody in Halo 4, free flaming warthogs and honor guard wraiths in Halo Wars, free Sgt. Johnson in Halo 3: ODST firefight, etc, etc. 343i knows if they were to give their consumer and fanbase an inch in a manner like this, a lot of them would try to take a mile because of the initial inch that was offered, and that is part of the reason why they would never do so. It would be more of a headache for 343i to do so, so they won’t, not to mention Halo: Reach was more or less abandoned support-wise by 343i.

Thanks everybody for responding even if it was not in a positive manner…However this could be used as a marketing tool. Also this is not unlike them they have given recon to H3 players when they did not deserve but thanks for the feedback i appreciate it.

The reach population has died out and flames have died with it I can prove this by saying that I have not seen a player with flames in two years neither have my friends who play daily. Also it would be a good marketing strategy by making it a prize to those who download a 343 app or just straight up sell it on xbox live for 15 dollars I know I would pay that. Btw lizking I doubt that most players who bought legendary edition really had flaming helmet in mind it was all the noble team statue they had in mind. Just saying it would be cool to see flames (Blue or red) in reach again.

> 2533274934140204;5:
> Thanks everybody for responding even if it was not in a positive manner…However this could be used as a marketing tool. Also this is not unlike them they have given recon to H3 players when they did not deserve but thanks for the feedback i appreciate it.

The only reason they gave out Recon is because of the Vidmaster challenge set up by Bungie. When the franchise transfered over, the challenge didn’t and neither did the means to unlock the armour on bungie.net. To compensate those who finished the achievements but couldn’t unlock the armour, 343 unlock them for everyone for a limited time. 343 stopped unlocking Recon armour in September 2013, when theyceased using the tech used to unlock it. That tech is no longer available since Halo 3 and Halo Reach are no longer fully supported (only server maintenance is done now, nothing more).

Too bad…could have been a cool add on to still my favorite and most played game.

I have the blue flaming helmet, and yes it was a limited time offer so I don’t think you can get it anymore.

I have both and yes it was a limited time offer for the blue. However if you’re really devoted to obtaining a red flaming helmet then you could always buy the legendary edition of Reach, or look on Ebay for a code someone is selling

I wish they would give out the Blue flames again for free :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274942290421;11:
> I wish they would give out the Blue flames again for free :stuck_out_tongue:

Read the thread. They literally can’t. That part of the game did not transfer over from Bungie to 343i.

> 2533274934140204;6:
> The reach population has died out and flames have died with it I can prove this by saying that I have not seen a player with flames in two years neither have my friends who play daily. Also it would be a good marketing strategy by making it a prize to those who download a 343 app or just straight up sell it on xbox live for 15 dollars I know I would pay that. Btw lizking I doubt that most players who bought legendary edition really had flaming helmet in mind it was all the noble team statue they had in mind. Just saying it would be cool to see flames (Blue or red) in reach again.

I know most players who bought the legendary edition of Halo: Reach bought it for the statue, it’s just the Legendary Armor Effect was also a reward as part of the package, which was the point I was trying to get across. I’m glad though you are more understanding than others, as some people who don’t have the flame armor effects feel ‘entitled’ to them. I’m glad to see that isn’t the case with you.

I see people with the flaming helmet daily when I play reach, it really makes inclement weather look common since it’s the most used armor effect now that everyone is a high rank (mostly).

get rect m8

sad faaaaaaace lol

I want the flaming helmet back -_-

please bring blue flaming helmet back that would be amazing!!!

Bring in more flame like, Green flam or purple flam!

I missed the Blue Flames event by one day. I was so upset so yeah I wish they could give Players another chance to get Blue Flames somehow.