Flamethrower

Is there any Idea if Halo CEA will include the Halo PC Exclusive weapons, such as the Flamethrower and Fuel Rod Gun
I can see them Easily putting in the Fuel Rod Gun, as they can just use the Reach Models, but the Flamethower I’m not too sure about

What’s your view on this, or have they been Confirmed/Disproved and I’ve not seen the news?

There was one in Halo 3 but no one used it that much (from my point of view) because the range was bad but it was very powerful. I would prefer the fire grenades from H3 than a standard flamethrower myself.

> There was one in Halo 3 but no one used it that much (from my point of view) because the range was bad but it was very powerful. I would prefer the fire grenades from H3 than a standard flamethrower myself.

Nobody Used it much because it was on one default map
From what I’ve heard, the multiplayer maps will be on Reach, so the Flamethrower will not even be in Multiplayer anyway, according to my current knowledge

I dislike the movement penalty when carrying a turret. The FT counting as a turret made its lack of range a nearly useless weapon on a map build almost entirely out of long corridors.

In future Halos, even if it’s not in MP, I’d like in the campaign. I love me my BBQ.

I would love to see the Flamethrower and Fuel Rod gun back

Apparently, they were using the Halo PC source code rather than the seemingly more sensible Xbox version, so perhaps.

> I dislike the movement penalty when carrying a turret. The FT counting as a turret made its lack of range a nearly useless weapon on a map build almost entirely out of long corridors.
>
> In future Halos, even if it’s not in MP, I’d like in the campaign. I love me my BBQ.

The Halo PC Flamethrower didn’t have a movement Penalty
It was treated as a standard weapon with Overheat and “Battery”

> I dislike the movement penalty when carrying a turret.

Especially in Reach where augmented super soldiers run slower than normal soldiers in ODST.

> > I dislike the movement penalty when carrying a turret.
>
> Especially in Reach where augmented super soldiers run slower than normal soldiers in ODST.

Ya I was hoping in Reach it would have gone the way of the SMG starts :smiley: With AAs, I don’t think turrets need to keep their movement penalty that was deemed necessary in Halo3. They already loose precision and infinite ammo. Heck, the turret overheats now too. Movement penalty doesn’t seem necessary to me.

The Flamethrower and the REAL Fuel Rod gun better be back, I mean the battery powered one, not the stupid ammo one.

> The Flamethrower and the REAL Fuel Rod gun better be back, I mean the battery powered one, not the stupid ammo one.

I’m not too sure about the Battery powered Fuel Rod Gun, but If they do make the game using Halo PC’s coding, then it probally will be battery Powered

I preffered Magazine though. More Ammo Hoarding

> > The Flamethrower and the REAL Fuel Rod gun better be back, I mean the battery powered one, not the stupid ammo one.
>
> I’m not too sure about the Battery powered Fuel Rod Gun, but If they do make the game using Halo PC’s coding, then it probally will be battery Powered
>
> I preffered Magazine though. More Ammo Hoarding

They aren’t using the CE engine for the multiplayer maps, that is using the Reach engine, so they would have to make the weapons from scratch.

I was under the Impression that Halo CEA didn’t have it’s own Multiplayer
I could be very wrong

> I was under the Impression that Halo CEA didn’t have it’s own Multiplayer
> I could be very wrong

It doesn’t.

> I was under the Impression that Halo CEA didn’t have it’s own Multiplayer
> I could be very wrong

You’re correct. Halo CEA is JUST like Halo CE. Which on the Xbox lacked xboxlive play.

Though I suppose you could do it old school style and have lan parties.

> I would love to see the Flamethrower and Fuel Rod gun back

343i should use the Halo 3 flamethower model and “hide” it on one of the flood levels, mabe next to a fallen marine in some discrete corner. This would be suitable for the game since it was only on the flood levels in Halo 3. the flamethower is the ultimate flood killing weapon and since Halo 1 is mainley about the flood,
putting the flamethower in would be appropriate. About the fluel rod gun… it needs to be incuded in the remasted campaign! It was so disapointing on two betrayals when the grunts would fire at you with there FRG’s and you couldn’t pick them up after you killed them! If this truely is the “remastered” version, then 343i wouldnt leave this gun out of the campaign.

does anyone want to see these weapons in the campaign

Uhhh they only added to the graphics… whatever was in the game before is still in the game… they aren’t adding anything gameplay wise… just some graphics… the terminals… sounds… remastered is different than remaking… sorry but I don’t see this happening… if it was in the halo pc version… and they are indeed using the pc source code… then expect it to be exactly where you found it before (which in this case… no where)
soo yeahh… not sure where everyone’s been the past couple of weeks >.>

> Is there any Idea if Halo CEA will include the Halo PC Exclusive weapons, such as the Flamethrower and Fuel Rod Gun
> I can see them Easily putting in the Fuel Rod Gun, as they can just use the Reach Models, but the Flamethower I’m not too sure about
>
> What’s your view on this, or have they been Confirmed/Disproved and I’ve not seen the news?

They won’t put in the flamethrower and fuel rod gun because

1. Flamethrower wan’t in campaign
  2. The fuel rod guns exploded when the covenant carrying them died.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/20165.aspx

CEA is a remastered CE. Expect whatever was in CE to be in CEA. You didn’t hold fuel rods, swords, you probably won’t in Anniversary, either.