Flame Pistol good idea? Green Smoke Showed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU2lJPgRa6PeDNLUqlCCmDAQ&v=32F0YPKAPKQ&feature=player_detailpage

The fire that we saw could likely be part of the firing animation. And that green gas is probably not a smoke grenade, let-alone a regeneration grenade. It is most likely smoke from the fuel rod cannon.

The flame pistol will work wonderfully on three conditions:

1. They don’t change the range. At all.

2. It has limited ammo. (Think 3-5 shots)

3. It packs a much stronger close-quarters punch. (Not quite shotgun-punch, but a good bit of damage)

Smoke grenades are always welcome, I can find so many awesome uses for them. I wonder why they chose green of all colors though? Does that have to do with its specific frequency?

> The flame pistol will work wonderfully on three conditions:
>
> 1) They don’t change the range. At all.
>
> 2) It has limited ammo. (Think 3-5 shots)
>
> 3) It packs a much stronger close-quarters punch. (Not quite shotgun-punch, but a good bit of damage)
>
> Smoke grenades are always welcome, I can find so many awesome uses for them. I wonder why they chose green of all colors though? Does that have to do with its specific frequency?

This guy…I agree with.

> The flame pistol will work wonderfully on three conditions:
>
> 1) They don’t change the range. At all.
>
> <mark>2) It has limited ammo. (Think 3-5 shots)</mark>
>
> 3) It packs a much stronger close-quarters punch. (Not quite shotgun-punch, but a good bit of damage)
>
> Smoke grenades are always welcome, I can find so many awesome uses for them. <mark>I wonder why they chose green of all colors though? Does that have to do with its specific frequency?</mark>

It actually has 10 in a clip.

and I agree with the other two.

if you actually look at the green haze, some of it is stuck on a Spartan, making me think it’s not a Smoke grenade.

> > The flame pistol will work wonderfully on three conditions:
> >
> > 1) They don’t change the range. At all.
> >
> > <mark>2) It has limited ammo. (Think 3-5 shots)</mark>
> >
> > 3) It packs a much stronger close-quarters punch. (Not quite shotgun-punch, but a good bit of damage)
> >
> > Smoke grenades are always welcome, I can find so many awesome uses for them. <mark>I wonder why they chose green of all colors though? Does that have to do with its specific frequency?</mark>
>
> It actually has 10 in a clip.
>
> and I agree with the other two.
>
> if you actually look at the green haze, some of it is stuck on a Spartan, making me think it’s not a Smoke grenade.

10 sounds nice, I can live with that.
I did notice that. Maybe it’s a biological weapon of some kind? Some say regen field, but I think the whole fact that you can’t see through it makes it almost purposeless. See a giant cloud of smoke? Throw grenades in it for easy kills of people trying to heal, yo!

> > > The flame pistol will work wonderfully on three conditions:
> > >
> > > 1) They don’t change the range. At all.
> > >
> > > <mark>2) It has limited ammo. (Think 3-5 shots)</mark>
> > >
> > > 3) It packs a much stronger close-quarters punch. (Not quite shotgun-punch, but a good bit of damage)
> > >
> > > Smoke grenades are always welcome, I can find so many awesome uses for them. <mark>I wonder why they chose green of all colors though? Does that have to do with its specific frequency?</mark>
> >
> > It actually has 10 in a clip.
> >
> > and I agree with the other two.
> >
> > if you actually look at the green haze, some of it is stuck on a Spartan, making me think it’s not a Smoke grenade.
>
> 10 sounds nice, I can live with that.
> I did notice that. Maybe it’s a biological weapon of some kind? <mark>Some say regen field,</mark> but I think the whole fact that you can’t see through it makes it almost purposeless. See a giant cloud of smoke? Throw grenades in it for easy kills of people trying to heal, yo!

Regen Field is actually a green bubble that can be seen/shot through.

some say it’s a FRG’s splash, but again, that doesn’t stick onto people

Can’t see through it does make it seem like a Smoke grenade, but i’m thinking Acid since it stuck onto the Spartan (and there is four total grenades, so this could very much be the fourth)

> Regen Field is actually a green bubble that can be seen/shot through.
>
> some say it’s a FRG’s splash, but again, that doesn’t stick onto people
>
> Can’t see through it does make it seem like a Smoke grenade, but i’m thinking Acid since it stuck onto the Spartan (and there is four total grenades, so this could very much be the fourth)

I said the same thing about Regen Field when someone thought that is what it was. Chemical weaponry is definitely my other choice for this one.

> > Regen Field is actually a green bubble that can be seen/shot through.
> >
> > some say it’s a FRG’s splash, but again, that doesn’t stick onto people
> >
> > Can’t see through it does make it seem like a Smoke grenade, but i’m thinking Acid since it stuck onto the Spartan (and there is four total grenades, so this could very much be the fourth)
>
> I said the same thing about Regen Field when someone thought that is what it was. Chemical weaponry is definitely my other choice for this one.

does seem very likely, as if it’s a Promethean grenade, it needs to combat the Flood, in which Chemical weaponry can very much do.

> does seem very likely, as if it’s a Promethean grenade, it needs to combat the Flood, in which Chemical weaponry can very much do.

Chemical weapon against dudes with full armor and those helmets? Does it even have any sense? Master Chief does not die while in outer space with this armor…

> > does seem very likely, as if it’s a Promethean grenade, it needs to combat the Flood, in which Chemical weaponry can very much do.
>
> Chemical weapon against dudes with full armor and those helmets? Does it even have any sense? Master Chief does not die while in outer space with this armor…

… Flood don’t wear helmets…

but I do see your point. maybe the suit can’t clear that certain chemical out of the armor or the chemicals somehow penetrate the armor.

your point does make me much more lean towards Acid now.

> > does seem very likely, as if it’s a Promethean grenade, it needs to combat the Flood, in which Chemical weaponry can very much do.
>
> Chemical weapon against dudes with full armor and those helmets? Does it even have any sense? Master Chief does not die while in outer space with this armor…

This is a good point. But what if it’s meant specifically for shield decay? Assuming the suit is vacuum sealed and therefore gases can’t get in.

> some say it’s a FRG’s splash, but again, that doesn’t stick onto people

Maybe it does now? It could be one of the aesthetic changes they made to pretty up the game a bit.