Flag Grab Bag Feedback

If you have played in the Flag Grab Bag playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

Current maps / game types in this playlist -
Flag Grab Bag is currently played on:

Legendary CTF:
Adrift
Complex
Ragnarok
Solace
Exile
Dispatch
Simplex
Settler
Harvest
Wreckage
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall

Mini CTF:
Adrift
Solace
Dispatch
Napoleon
Shortbow
Rail
Simplex
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Pitfall

Quickdraw CTF:
Adrift
Complex
Ragnarok
Solace
Exile
Dispatch
Simplex
Settler
Harvest
Wreckage
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall

Rocket CTF:
Adrift
Complex
Ragnarok
Solace
Exile
Dispatch
Simplex
Settler
Harvest
Wreckage
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall

Shotgun CTF:
Adrift
Solace
Dispatch
Simplex
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Pitfall

Sniper CTF:
Adrift
Complex
Ragnarok
Solace
Exile
Dispatch
Simplex
Settler
Harvest
Wreckage
Monolith
Skyline
Landfall
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall

I believe that DLC should be a bit more focused on, as the DLC available for the gametypes flow very well with the CTF play style, bringing more gameplay value added with immersion to the overall gameplay as a whole. As for maps, Dispatch and Complex are seemingly difficult to want to play, and their appearance on the voiting screen is usually a quick notion to choose one of the other maps, mainly due to their overly open sight-lines and overall awkward gameplay range between players.

Otherwise, the playlist is actually a lovely blend of CTF styles and would be a welcome addition if it were to ever be added again, in my personal opinion.

for me ctf is my favourite gametype and that flag grab bag is just amazing. I would love for it to be a kept playlist. If you are going to bring it back maybe add some new gametypes in it like forunner ctf, covey ctf, meele ctf.

I love this playlist! It’s a lot of fun and I like voting purely based on map vs map AND gametype.

I’d be totally okay to see Flag Grab Bag show up somewhere else after. :slight_smile:

FGB is really quite fun. One thing that has bothered me though is its relatively low population. I think I would’ve preferred to see the regular CTF playlist removed for the 2 weeks FGB was active.

Also thank you so much for Legendary CTF. It has reopened my eyes to just how much fun Halo is without Plasma Pistols, Plasma Grenades and DMR’s in everyone’s loadouts.

My favourite map/gametype combos in FGB are:

Legendary CTF - Ragnarok / Exile
Sniper CTF - Complex
Quick Draw CTF - any map (I love playing without a motion tracker)
Mini CTF - Rail / Dispatch
Rocket CTF - Settler
Shotgun CTF - Adrift

I would’ve liked to see Longbow, Vortex, Meltdown and Shatter in the rotation as well, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. I think Sniper CTF and Legendary CTF would’ve really worked well on these maps.