Fixing CSR for Halo 5.

Hi all,

I posted a while ago about a new idea for rank, which was basically a win streak. While I would still like that idea, i’ve come up with another one.

To start off, you would receive a 1-50 per GAME. This would work similar to the Reach Arena system, except you would see a 1-50 and not an arbitrary number, (seriously, what was that about!!). Everyone would see this at the end of the game and it would give you incentive to play well and not quit throughout the game.

Secondly, you would still have an usual CSR that was still viewable in game, but only in your service record. That way, people can still see your rank if they want, but they would have to go into your service record to see it.

This would achieve 2 things.

1. Give people the normal rank they have been craving.
  2. It would give incentive to each individual game.

Let me know of any criticisms you have.

Thanks,
Chris

Shameless bump.

So people are replying to useless “DMR is garbage” posts, but when something constructive comes up nobody cares?

This is probably the reason 343i never comes here!

Why would having a 1-50 rank for individual games add incentive?

What would it be based on? Theres already high incentive to maximise your kills and points (stats, xp, lobby leaderboard), and some incentive to reduce deaths (stats).

How to fix CSR for Halo 5: Remove it.

I don’t see why you need to open a service record to see their ranks. I mean really. If you have a 50 in btb, it should be shown in the BTB lobby. Most other people in the lobby should be around that right?

> Why would having a 1-50 rank for individual games add incentive?
>
> What would it be based on? Theres already high incentive to maximise your kills and points (stats, xp, lobby leaderboard), and some incentive to reduce deaths (stats).

Having the rank per game would just make each game more competitive, (to me at least, but perhaps i’m wrong on that?)

In slayer game types it would be based on your Kills Deaths K/D ratio and assists.
In objective game types it would be based on the above, but more dumbed down. It would be boosted however by how well you play the objective.

With the way that XP works at the minute that is a pretty poor incentive.
As an example:
Player A plays really well, his team wins, earns 2966 XP
Player B plays really poor, his team loses, earns 1966 XP

The difference between these players is far too low for it to matter, in my opinion.

As for the leaderboard, I rarely look at that any more as things like medals and MVP are hidden away, and it is too cumbersome to compare medals for example.

> How to fix CSR for Halo 5: Remove it.
>
>
> I don’t see why you need to open a service record to see their ranks. I mean really. If you have a 50 in btb, it should be shown in the BTB lobby. Most other people in the lobby should be around that right?

I agree that the 50 in BTB should be shown in the lobby, but not everyone wants that. This way it is hidden, but people are still able to look if they choose, without having to have another device to hand, (which is just ridiculous in my opinion!)