Fix Your Uneven Matchmaking!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m tired of getting stuck with people who are obviously not of the same skill even when using the Focused search feature. This is ridiculous that a game that’s been out now for 6+ months still cannot manage to do this correctly. Broken ranking system is broken.

If you read it, focused also gets people closer to you so instead of looking for people inside a 5000 player pool they are looking for people in a 500 player pool how many of those guys do you think are at your level?

Hence why it’s broken. They decided that skill and distance should somehow be in the same search parameter and in doing so, skill takes a backseat to a closer player?! Great idea!

> 2792633876098355;3:
> Hence why it’s broken. They decided that skill and distance should somehow be in the same search parameter and in doing so, skill takes a backseat to a closer player?! Great idea!

The matchmaking preference was more so meant to help with getting into your areas servers and fight against the lag still, which is did help a lot for a lot of people, if they made it for the sake of getting people closer to your skill level then why wouldn’t anyone use that. Its not broken but it can’t be perfect, broken would be the situation were everyone had this problem

I’m hardly the sole person with this issue as I’ve read several threads here and on other sites with the same problem. What you said makes zero sense considering both balanced and focused essentially use the same wording in their description. Since focused seems to prioritize distance for connection causing skill to get placed on the back burner, it really isn’t all that focused nor is it living up to the description of the parameters. Again why exactly have two parameters that would essentially contradict one another. Hey here’s a good connection, but enjoy teammates nowhere near your skill. If they are concerned with lag, still, after 6+ months,it might be in their interest to fix it on their backend instead of a haphazard feature like the implemented.

> 2792633876098355;5:
> I’m hardly the sole person with this issue as I’ve read several threads here and on other sites with the same problem. What you said makes zero sense considering both balanced and focused essentially use the same wording in their description. Since focused seems to prioritize distance for connection causing skill to get placed on the back burner, it really isn’t all that focused nor is it living up to the description of the parameters. Again why exactly have two parameters that would essentially contradict one another. Hey here’s a good connection, but enjoy teammates nowhere near your skill. If they are concerned with lag, still, after 6+ months,it might be in their interest to fix it on their backend instead of a haphazard feature like the implemented.

Again this is why I said its not broken its just not perfect, you can’t get everything you want its not easy to keep the masses happy and lag free while also providing them with people at their skill level its a lot to do without the right amount of tools.

So I went through your game history. Their ranks don’t seem to matter as you weren’t on top that much. In fact guys with lower ranks finished above you a lot. And other then a few games there was always onyx or high diamond grouped in with you as well. To me that seems like they matched you with ppl close to your skill.
Again their rank really does not dictate their skill level

Then there should be …
One for lag(only)
One for skill(only)
And one that tries a little of both.

They all seem to do both, which makes them the same thing.

> 2533274881086487;7:
> So I went through your game history. Their ranks don’t seem to matter as you weren’t on top that much. In fact guys with lower ranks finished above you a lot. And other then a few games there was always onyx or high diamond grouped in with you as well. To me that seems like they matched you with ppl close to your skill.
> Again their rank really does not dictate their skill level

Whether I placed on top or not is irrelevant to the topic I’m discussing, matchmaking, not my individual performance on teams with little to no knowledge of call outs, spawn influence and map control. You make it a point to mention rank doesn’t matter and then in the next sentence contradict yourself as you say I finished below people ranked lower than I. So which is it?!

> 2533274983213185;8:
> Then there should be …
> One for lag(only)
> One for skill(only)
> And one that tries a little of both.
>
> They all seem to do both, which makes them the same thing.

See this guy/gal seems to get it.

Hmm, I’m finding ‘balanced’ is putting me against similar skilled opponents far better than it did before the update. That was quite a shock because I stopped playing for a month with region-lock off the lag was too bad, to get back into it and be vsing high Onyx players and coordinated teams in every match was tough.

H5 has a pretty low population so it’s going to be tough to find perfectly matched games every time.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> H5 has a pretty low population so it’s going to be tough to find perfectly matched games every time.

I’m inclined to believe the above is the culprit. In a perfect world you would get matched against players in your playlist division, plus or minus a division. So a plat would only see plats and diamonds/golds sprinkled into the mix. It’s not a perfect world. Far from it in fact. Unless enough players are playing within those brackets the MM system is going to expand the search. I get the feeling there often isn’t enough people on at any given time.

With that said, tying skill levels in with connection quality is incompetent. Honesly, the entire concept of focused/balanced/expanded is incompetent.

Play FFA, don’t rely or use teammates

> 2533274816788253;12:
> H5 has a pretty low population so it’s going to be tough to find perfectly matched games every time.

Check out halotracker, u Will se how low it is…Game almost dead. Ranked players they may have played 10games and nothing more. Remove of region lock does not help. Laggy Games and latencey/non hit reg will make people quit H5.

> 2792633876098355;9:
> > 2533274881086487;7:
> > So I went through your game history. Their ranks don’t seem to matter as you weren’t on top that much. In fact guys with lower ranks finished above you a lot. And other then a few games there was always onyx or high diamond grouped in with you as well. To me that seems like they matched you with ppl close to your skill.
> > Again their rank really does not dictate their skill level
>
>
> Whether I placed on top or not is irrelevant to the topic I’m discussing, matchmaking, not my individual performance on teams with little to no knowledge of call outs, spawn influence and map control. You make it a point to mention rank doesn’t matter and then in the next sentence contradict yourself as you say I finished below people ranked lower than I. So which is it?!

umm i dont contradict myself you just seem extremely salty about the situation. me saying ppl ranked below you finishing higher then you proves rank does not matter. it proves they are on the same skill level as you. so next time take a deep breath and actually understand the sentence. thanks.

yes it is all relevant to the topic you think the match making is unbalanced yet looking at stats i say it is balanced. you didnt dominate being the only onyx in a couple games. there was consistently high diamond and onyx players in every game. i still dont see the issue

I just play ffa now, much better than relying on terrible teams, just wish it was 4 player not 6