FIX YOUR SERVERS

Now in almost every match, either there will be lag spikes causing delays that can last 1 to 2 second and or screen go black, or I get kicked back to the main menu and or the game crashes. This is a common problem. This only started since the prior update. I don’t understand how they could be so good before at launch, but now are horrible. I’m just waiting to get banned. When I do, I can assure you , I will stop playing and go find a stable game to play.

Just got a 2 hour ban for this in warzone, yet arena had no issues. Great way to get repaid for trying to play the game.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/screenshots?page=1&gamertag=xt0rted#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_screenshot_xt0rted_1eb82bf6-c74e-4fa8-bd16-e8661883c828

Sorry to hear about your issues. I recommend you go ethernet and set your NAT to open. This eliminated most disconnects for me. The game still has issues, I agree servers need to be better, but going wired will minimize them.

I am wired and my nat is open. I’m not the problem. Multiple people are experiencing this.

Same here. I have it wired with an open nat and ~100/30mbs internet. The only thing that’s helped my issue to any degree was manually setting the MTU on my firewall/router to 1480 to match that of the Xbox. This was brought up in another thread awhile back. Without the MTU change I get disconnected from almost every game. The disconnects are always the worst leading up to a monthly update, and the week after it.

> 2726286203006474;5:
> Same here. I have it wired with an open nat and ~100/30mbs internet. The only thing that’s helped my issue to any degree was manually setting the MTU on my firewall/router to 1480 to match that of the Xbox. This was brought up in another thread awhile back. Without the MTU change I get disconnected from almost every game. The disconnects are always the worst leading up to a monthly update, and the week after it.

I’ll try that. But I still am convinced that its the servers. I did not have these problems when the game launched and I’m sure had more people playing than now.

I have 50/10mbs internet, open nat, wired connection, and I rarely experience issues. If it were the servers, most (if not all) players would experience issues. If you are convinced the problem isn’t on your end, then the issue may be happening in transit between your system and whatever Halo 5 server serves as your hub. Could be a regional issue, if you’re outside US. If you’re inside US, maybe contact your ISP to see if they can track your connection to Halo 5 servers and detect any problems.

> 2533274817408735;7:
> I have 50/10mbs internet, open nat, wired connection, and I rarely experience issues. If it were the servers, most (if not all) players would experience issues. If you are convinced the problem isn’t on your end, then the issue may be happening in transit between your system and whatever Halo 5 server serves as your hub. Could be a regional issue, if you’re outside US. If you’re inside US, maybe contact your ISP to see if they can track your connection to Halo 5 servers and detect any problems.

I have 60/10 mbs, open nat and wired connection. As if its not apparent already Halo is the only game that has issues. This is a recent thing as I have stated. Up until a couple of weeks ago I never experienced lag. My stuff has not changed. I play lots of other games. I have played with teammates and it lagsfreezes all of us at the exact same time. and we live multiple states away from each other in the USA. We all have different providers. The only thing we have in common is Halo. Its the servers.

> 2533274825101441;8:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > I have 50/10mbs internet, open nat, wired connection, and I rarely experience issues. If it were the servers, most (if not all) players would experience issues. If you are convinced the problem isn’t on your end, then the issue may be happening in transit between your system and whatever Halo 5 server serves as your hub. Could be a regional issue, if you’re outside US. If you’re inside US, maybe contact your ISP to see if they can track your connection to Halo 5 servers and detect any problems.
>
>
> I have 60/10 mbs, open nat and wired connection. As if its not apparent already Halo is the only game that has issues. This is a recent thing as I have stated. Up until a couple of weeks ago I never experienced lag. My stuff has not changed. I play lots of other games. I have played with teammates and it lagsfreezes all of us at the exact same time. and we live multiple states away from each other in the USA. We all have different providers. The only thing we have in common is Halo. Its the servers.

Again, if it were the servers, it would be entire regions that were affected, not a small subsection of players. It’s possible that for some reason, the Halo 5 servers don’t like your connection set up. Why this could be, I don’t know. But an issue with the servers that could be considered “fixable” would be one where most players would be experiencing disconnects and/or lag.

I have 100/20mps, but that doesn’t matter here either. I’m trying to forge solo and I still get kicked out. It’s infuriating. Why does every mode require the internet? It’s like having to constantly save an essay because you’re afraid you’ll lose it in case something happens. I have to save every minute because I get kicked out in less than 5.

I’m in the UK, for the past few days I’ve not been able to play full games, It’ll load and kick me out after less than 1min playing.
I get a “connection lost” screen.

Its never been like this before…

I’ve been kicked from every game past two days never disconnected for xblive.

> 2667980672126341;12:
> I’ve been kicked from every game past two days never disconnected for xblive.

Lol now I’m banned #badboylife

-Yoink!- 343 I finally got battle of noctus I used a legendary warzone rp boost and I disconnected and lost the thing before the match even started ffs 343

> 2533274817408735;7:
> I have 50/10mbs internet, open nat, wired connection, and I rarely experience issues. If it were the servers, most (if not all) players would experience issues. If you are convinced the problem isn’t on your end, then the issue may be happening in transit between your system and whatever Halo 5 server serves as your hub. Could be a regional issue, if you’re outside US. If you’re inside US, maybe contact your ISP to see if they can track your connection to Halo 5 servers and detect any problems.

That’s not totally true… There are several dedicated Microsoft servers around the world that have this game installed so it can be very easy to have one or more servers having issues and not effect others. Also the servers are not placed at ideal locations for gaming either. Halo 5 was installed on pre-existing servers not really intended for gaming. Those that are not having issues are either sitting on top of the servers or very close by. Once you fall out of this range you are very acceptable to run into trouble. Another thing also is the fact the game doesn’t compensate very well through coding with vast range of higher pings. Which again doesn’t mean a player has a bad connection. It comes down to the fact that the game has very bad coding. My guess is that 343i relied to heavily on the fact the game was on dedicated servers so they did a very terrible job to compensate this through coding. Where are you located?