FIX YOUR MAPS

Seriously. I know that there are a lot of things on your plate, but the one thing you at least could have done is made sure there were no obvious faults in your maps, like, I don’t know… Maybe not being able to glitch into them? First it was just Complex, so people started compensating for it, but now that it is becoming every map you’ve released, it’s killing Oddball.

Please fix this for your first update.

> I know that there are a lot of things on your plate, but the one thing you at least could have done is made sure there were no obvious faults in your maps, like, I don’t know… Maybe not being able to glitch into them?

that’s like asking someone to make sure there are no slivers of grass longer than all the others in their yard. you expect them to somehow try to enter every part of every map from every direction to make sure it’s perfect… that ain’t gonna happen. if the map has a glitch that affects gameplay, don’t play a gametype that it affects… that simple.

> > I know that there are a lot of things on your plate, but the one thing you at least could have done is made sure there were no obvious faults in your maps, like, I don’t know… Maybe not being able to glitch into them?
>
> that’s like asking someone to make sure there are no slivers of grass longer than all the others in their yard. you expect them to somehow try to enter every part of every map from every direction to make sure it’s perfect… that ain’t gonna happen. if the map has a glitch that affects gameplay, don’t play a gametype that it affects… that simple.

Though your post has quite obvious flaws in logic, I’ll let it slide since you clearly don’t understand how the map testing process works. For starters, the way 343i can view the map and the way we can view the map are two different things. You’re able to see these things in a developers build that the public cannot and they most likely said to themselves “I doubt anyone will find this fake wall in such an awkward spot, so we don’t need to bother filling it in”. However, most people will scour around the map via Forge searching for these things or randomly stumble upon them and alas, it appears one is on every map now. Let me ask you, how many maps could you easily get out of in Halo 1 with a standard jump? How many in Halo 2? Halo 3? How many in Halo Reach?

For example, when Zealot’s space region in Halo Reach became a camp spot for Slayer and Oddball variants, Bungie immediately changed it to a soft kill zone in one of the very first updates. And that’s all I’m asking here, for 343i to fix maps that are breaking gameplay and game types, y’know, that thing that makes a specific playlist work. But clearly that’s too much to ask for, I’m clearly being entitled and should just stop playing what I want to play. And the glitch doesn’t just affect Oddball, I could grab the enemy flag, glitch out of the map, and prevent my own team for scoring. Or I could glitch out of the map, move around to avoid an idle penalty, and leave you short a man on Infinity Slayer/Slayer Pro. There is a lot of ways this could effect games, so please think more logically about all the implications something could have, not just standard forum drone drivel.

They’ll fix the glitches dude. But fixing the connection is more important, I mean what good is fixing a map if I can’t play online consistently without stupid lag and what not…

> They’ll fix the glitches dude. But fixing the connection is more important, I mean what good is fixing a map if I can’t play online consistently without stupid lag and what not…

True. It seems that when the Halo 4 servers went down not soon after launch and came back, game connections have been a mixed bag ranging from mediocre to poor. But in the same vain, what good is fixing a connection if the maps are still broken?