Fix XP glitch - this is getting ridiculous

This is the third time (second night in a row - also around 1:30am) where I just stopped gaining XP. No message, no XP Cap, nothing. You want to put a cap on the players and MAKE them stop playing Halo 4, that’s your choice. But now, when I stop earning XP for no reason at all, well, I’m getting extremely frustrated. Glitches EVERYWHERE and the one thing that is changed is the Banshee being turned off in Ragnarok while playing CTF… really? Start listening to us, please!

I tried fast forwarding my time zone to get around this dumb glitch and that didn’t work. Does anyone know a way around this?

> You want to put a cap on the players and MAKE them stop playing Halo 4

Complaining about the XP cap is one thing, saying they’re making you stop playing is just stupid. It’s not their fault if you don’t care about anything besides rank.

maybe they shouldnt make it where i need to be sr 50 for wetwork than…

Even without double xp (since it’s not working for me for some reason) I am still able to max the weak cap pretty easy. Will probably max it today.

Stop trying to white knight for the xp cap. If you read his post his problem has nothing to do with the xp cap, it’s an error that some players get that doesn’t show them experience gained after a match, in both the post game point tally or in their menu.

I’ve had this happen to me twice now and ongoing right now. I might be wrong, but I want to say when I logged back on the next day that my previously gained xp had been counted at some point. I’m not 100% on it, but I would avoid hitting any commendation boosts if you still want to play.

And again, that was a really dumb point to make. It essentially does force a player to stop playing even when he isn’t at his xp cap for the day. Why the hell would I play and chance losing a 10k bonus from commendations? Don’t be so narrow minded it has nothing to do with only caring about rank. You would be upset too.

It’s not the XP CAP I’m talking about… I fully understand that.

If you look and read, ALL over the forums there are people saying they no longer earn XP, same as me. What is going on with this system? Halo 4 is a great game but all these little glitches are really starting to “bug” me…

I think I just got this too and I haven’t even reached the xp cap, it just doesn’t show me gaining xp after each match and my xp counter is not going up either so I’m not playing now either.

So I’m not the only one with this xp glitch problem!??!?

well damn

Happened to me a few times last night and was counting my double xp and not giving me anything-- i wasn’t capped

After maybe 6 or 10 games it went back to normal.

i was hit by this an hour and a half ago with only like 37k to go to hit 50…this really annoys me cause i wanna play but its kinda pointless cause im so close to finishing he monthly and like 6 of my commendations…

There are two versions of the XP cap. One resets at midnight local time, and the other resets when the game resets at ~2-6AM (depending on when MS updates LIVE).

You can searchbar the specifics if you want to.

i do find it a bit funny everyone looking down on people who are playing to rank up, because they are working towards a particular armor set.

Not everyone plays for the same reason, we dont all find the same things enjoyable. Sometimes its pretty fun to have s**t you dont have, cause we were willing to put the time in. some people like to go 2 and 30 every game. And other players get GB teams together because only winning is fun.

dont be hatin, ha.

–edit–
also it has stopped me from playing, cause Im here right now waiting for 6am when hopefully i can get XP again. I love the game, but I dont like wasting time when im working towards something.

> There are two versions of the XP cap. One resets at midnight local time, and the other resets when the game resets at ~2-6AM (depending on when MS updates LIVE).
>
> You can searchbar the specifics if you want to.

I Certainly can’t. Every time I’ve tried to use the searchbar I get, at best 2 results. Good job Bing. :V

Anyway, yeah, this seems to be a pretty common issue that I see people start to complain about after midnight but before the 2 AM changes roll out, so I’d assume Blah is onto something about it being Cap related.

> I think I just got this too and I haven’t even reached the xp cap, it just doesn’t show me gaining xp after each match and my xp counter is not going up either so I’m not playing now either.

This but i just keep playing…
although this flaw had wasted 80% of my double xp and being capped the other 17%

3% of double xp working yeah

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Well, i came here looking for answers and, unfortunately got them. So than basically im being jewed over of my double XP and cant possibly get it back? or will my XP flow in kind of like when bungie raised the level cap on reach. If not, thats kind of douchey, and itd be great if they would be more clear to the people who dont stalk these forums every waking hour.

> Complaining about the XP cap is one thing, saying they’re making you stop playing is just stupid. It’s not their fault if you don’t care about anything besides rank.

This.

And.

Am I missing something? Does XP help you buy a car or a house or super model wife?

Ummmm . . . last I checked, ummmm, no!

Ummmm . . . last I checked, ummmm, one plays a video game to have fun not XP farm.

When I can score myself a mansion, filled with super models that feed me grapes and think I’m the bomb, just by having lots of XP, then . . . and only then . . . will I care about XP.

> > Complaining about the XP cap is one thing, saying they’re making you stop playing is just stupid. It’s not their fault if you don’t care about anything besides rank.
>
> This.
>
> And.
>
> Am I missing something? Does XP help you buy a car or a house or super model wife?
>
> Ummmm . . . last I checked, ummmm, no!
>
> Ummmm . . . last I checked, ummmm, one plays a video game to have fun not XP farm.
>
> When I can score myself a mansion, filled with super models that feed me grapes and think I’m the bomb, just by having lots of XP, then . . . and only then . . . will I care about XP.

I guess when you have the money to buy a console with about 1 1/2 years of relevance left you no longer care about XP. When you have FOTUS nothing else matters amiright?

Glad it isn’t just me, seems I’m the only one out of my friends to have this happen AT LEAST 3 times already… seems to happen every time right around after I select a new specialization. 53, 63, 68, and 71 I think… >.<