Fix Warzone Bosses

Boss stealing NEEDS to be fixed. Sitting in the bushes 500 yards away with an impact assault rifle to steal boss kills from teams that are actively wrecking the boss has become a go to strat and it’s ruining the gametype. games that should be over in 15min are extended to 25 because some scrub gets lucky and steals two kills. Cry map control all you want but it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop people from taking shots from across the map at the banshee and phaeton legendary bosses and close to impossible to lock out LOS on all the others. It’s not fun doing 99.9% of the work for one long range BR shot to steal it away. -Yoinking!- split points based on damage, it’s not hard. This is the reason why players are SPRINTING away from halo to play Fallout, CoD and Battlefront. It’s just not fun.

Split points based on damage does not allow come backs and would make more people leave during the match making it even more one sided.

Play better then? If one team is wrecking face the whole game they deserve to wreck face the whole game. Let quitters quit they will be banned soon enough.

Warzone does not ban quitters and is the ONLY SOCIAL AND JOIN IN PROGRESS GAME MODE. If I join a game in progress and my team is already down 400 what should I do? If I dont get steal boss kills there is no chance o get req points and zero chance to make the match close. You as someone who seems to really care about winning, in a mode that allows almost unlimited vehicles and crazy unbalanced weapons, should understand.

There is nothing to fix, you get the last hit you get the points, it’s what 343i was going for when designing Warzone because that’s how it works in MOBAs which Warzone took heavy influence from.

Well if you think it’s fun as is more power to you but I’ll be sticking to fallout until it’s fixed or they release a firefight gametype. It’s not even the least bit fun as it sits.

It would be nice to have some sort of perimeter around the boss and you can only deal damage to him/her/it until you are within a certain range.

That Firefight gametype’s not going to get released if you quit, buddy. 343i has stated that they might consider doing it, but only if there’s enough interest in Warzone for them to bother trying - because of the AI involved (particularly boss AI), it’s not as simple as swapping maps in and out of rotation like they do with Arena. If you don’t like that version of Warzone, try Assault. Yes, it’s unbalanced, but at the very least it removes the issue you don’t want to deal with.

> 2807377803439483;4:
> Warzone does not ban quitters and is the ONLY SOCIAL AND JOIN IN PROGRESS GAME MODE. If I join a game in progress and my team is already down 400 what should I do? If I dont get steal boss kills there is no chance o get req points and zero chance to make the match close. You as someone who seems to really care about winning, in a mode that allows almost unlimited vehicles and crazy unbalanced weapons, should understand.

As you just said, Warzone doesn’t ban for quitters. If you join in a mach and are down 400 points, and don’t feel like you can make a difference. Simply quit and join another match…

I’m in 100% agreement with OP.
Team that does most damage should get the kill.
Player on killing team who did most damage gets the credit for the kill and the medal.

Whereas, I would prefer it to be most damage gets the kill. I would also be okay with split points based on damage, as this would also fix the possibility of stollen kills from the BR noob crouching on the other side of the map.

I’m okay with Boss steals. Yeah they suck when they happen but, when my team is struggling to win simply because a lack of skill, it helps when we can steal a Warden kill or a big boss to make a come back. A guarantee of half the points when you do at least 50% of the damage would be nice but, I don’t see something like that being implemented.

> 2533274873822824;9:
> > 2807377803439483;4:
> > Warzone does not ban quitters and is the ONLY SOCIAL AND JOIN IN PROGRESS GAME MODE. If I join a game in progress and my team is already down 400 what should I do? If I dont get steal boss kills there is no chance o get req points and zero chance to make the match close. You as someone who seems to really care about winning, in a mode that allows almost unlimited vehicles and crazy unbalanced weapons, should understand.
>
>
> As you just said, Warzone doesn’t ban for quitters. If you join in a mach and are down 400 points, and don’t feel like you can make a difference. Simply quit and join another match…

Or I could kill some legendary bosses and make an epic comeback? That sounds more fun to me.

The whole idea of controlling an area around he boss to ensure no one steals a boss kill sounds great in concept, but…I can shoot a boss from 150m away, if not more, so you’re asking a guarding team to defend a 300m space? And that’s just in a line, let alone all of the places someone can come from to steal a boss.

If this wanted to take reference from a MOBA, this ends up being slightly flawed in practice…generally a MOBA has half the team size, and is not nearly as fast paced, and generally you can’t steal boss kills unless you’re very close. In Warzone its 12v12 fast-paced chaos where one BR shot can come from what seems like a whole quadrant of the map to steal the points. And you mean to tell me you can guard that whole area effectively and consistently to ensure boss kills aren’t stolen? Please. It works in MOBAs because you can actually control an area in a slower-paced game in a smaller area.

Here’s my suggestion if I need to make one…give these bosses a “tug of war” system. Put a 2:00 timer on the boss, and have the bar over the boss start out empty, with some symbol or line in the middle. If one team shoots the boss, one side of the bar starts filling from the middle in their color, and vice versa for the other team, who if they end up being the only team shooting it they can pull the damage meter back onto their side of the bar. Make it so the damage you have to inflict on the boss is about maybe 75% of what it is now, assuming only one team shoots the boss. It should ideally be tough to actually get your team to fill your side of the bar all the way to the end. Whatever side the bar is filled when the timer runs out, or if one team damages the boss enough to get the bar all the way filled on their side, they get the points. This way it’s still based on a damage system, there is still incentive to try controlling the map and eliminate as many enemies as possible to get more damage on the boss than the other team, but there is a means to kill the boss, and in a close scenario where the tug of war scenario is near the middle, there is still that incentive to try stealing the kill in clutch fashion, but to actually get in that position you have to inflict enough damage to the boss beforehand to get in that position, earning the points, instead of getting one cheap BR shot across the map. Perhaps you could give some sort of bonus if a team does kill the boss, again, assuming it would be tough to fill one side of the bar all the way to the end.

Really it’s just a slight variant of a simple damage-based system, but I feel this may illustrate it more effectively and give more incentive to reduce enemy damage to the boss as well.

I don’t think anyone that plays war zone can honestly say that when their team is smashing a boss with no other enemy in sight only to get the “Enemy eliminated XXX” message. No one on earth can honestly answer they sit back and say, ‘I love that this is how bosses work.’ And if you do you are a straight up liar.

Fix the entire game

Im fine with how it is. Its how lol and dota 2 handle there bosses.

And the only change that ive seen that even somewhat makes sense to me is split health bar but even that way at a certain point one time just wont be able to have a chance at grabbing it

But it’s not the same as Dota and lol. You can’t steal a moba boss from 500 meters away. You need to be close to steal it. And even then the teams are way smaller so the chances of you being found and killed are much much higher. There is no comparison between war zone and the supposed inspiration for how the mosses work in mobas. It’s night and day environment wise.

I just want more bosses and/or make their appearance more random. Having them spawn on the same locations at the same times is just a camping spot.

Spamming power weapons and vehicles takes no thought or skill. Why should you get the kill because you tried really hard? You’re asking for the current system to be replaced with participation ribbons.

I’ve played roughly 200 war zone matches. I have never blamed the game when the other team “steals” the boss kill. I blame myself or my teammates. For those complaining about clearing out an area 150-300m away, yes you need to do it. It’s a part of good teamwork. I don’t always run towards a boss to get that final bullet, I go to clear out enemies who aren’t paying attention and are easy targets to increase my teams chances of taking the kill. It’s how the game mode was designed and I have zero issues with it especially considering it’s not even a ranked playlist. Sometimes a lesser team gets a couple cheap boss kills, makes the game more fun personally because you still have to keep pushing and can’t coast to a victory.