Fix the trueskill matching system.

I’m only getting matched against people who are far better than I am and I lose way more than I win, I really hate Reach because of this, it’s not fun at all.

The -Yoinking!- system of experience destroy the Trueskill, Halo 3 was perfect, and Halo Reach needs Experience based in Match + Skill.

True skill is fine, and works exactly like it did before, you just can’t see it like you did with H3 ranked.

oh, and fix your filters.

The ranking system is currently based on W/L instead of individual skill. I prefer that way H3 had it. If you play consistently and are winning you rank up.

> The ranking system is currently based on W/L instead of individual skill. I prefer that way H3 had it. If you play consistently and are winning you rank up.

Well, I barely win anything but I’m still being matched up against players far better than I am >.>

Few things to keep in mind:

• Playlists are constantly changing which means new True Skill values are constantly needed to be set.
  • The system works just like Halo 3 did you just can’t see it.
  • If you are searching in a party (not saying you are) it will throw off your search perameters.
  • Try using the search filter to search by skill, it should help.

> The system works just like Halo 3 did you just can’t see it.

It isn’t really the exact same. Halo 3’s match-making system was artificially slowed to represent a grind. Reach’s match-making system relies on a much more natural form of trueskill to put players in their accurate trueskill ranks faster.

Besides OP, you have a 57% W/L ratio, so you aren’t losing as much as you think. Like Natetendo said, try using search restrictions for a better experience.

No, it’s not.
When I go into a game of Halo 3, what do you think the score will be? It will usually be pretty close ,and you’d be lucky to have a K/D spread of more than +10.

When I go into Halo Reach and play some Team Slayer or classic, what do I see? I see scores like 50-24, or 50-19. On the winning side I see two players with outrageous scores, and the other two go negative. In Reach the MVP is considered bad if he doesn’t have a K/D spread of more than +10. If you look at half my Team Classic games I usually have something similar to a 25 kills and 5 deaths game. That’s how messed up True Skill is. If it’s even there at all, it’s damn inaccurate.

^^

> True skill is fine, and works exactly like it did before, you just can’t see it like you did with H3 ranked.
>
> oh, and fix your filters.

Ok, I’ve tried the “skill” filter, and some others, but now I’m actually getting matched up with one of the following:
-a party of 2 or more with ranks hero and over, or warrant officers, c’mom both of those can’t be around my skill level.

I’m either lucky to be on the team with high ranks or I get stomped into the ground because my team consists of WO’s and captains >.> i’m not even that good myself now, lower my hidden trueskill or something. :confused:

I’ve played 251 games of Team Slayer and I search for same skill, then how is it that I keep getting matched up with Captains and Warrant Officers? That’s just BS because they keep making me lose games.

I’m fairly sure that the trueskill system in Halo Reach is based on Win/Loss
Therefore, because you keep losing because of the low ranks, you will keep getting matched up with the low ranks

Also, I’m sure it isn’t solely because of your teamates. I checked the first page of your recent team slayer games, and you go negative often enough

Have you tried searching as a team?

> I’m fairly sure that the trueskill system in Halo Reach is based on Win/Loss
> Therefore, because you keep losing because of the low ranks, you will keep getting matched up with the low ranks
>
> Also, I’m sure it isn’t solely because of your teamates. I checked the first page of your recent team slayer games, and you go negative often enough
>
> Have you tried searching as a team?

I don’t have anyone to play Reach with >.>
Yeah I go negative because somehow my team mates are often worse than I am but the enemy team is better than me. That happens about every game so I get stomped on. I want people of my own rank to play, not WO’s. Just look at my last game, I rage quit because how in the world is that a fair match? :confused:

Rank is not indicative of skill, and is not considered by the matchmaking system.

Here is an example of what can happen though:

Lets say the best player is a 10, and the worst is a 1.

If you’re playing Team Slayer by yourself, and you are someone who is awesome, lets say, a 10.

Your team could look like this:

You - Rank 10
Team mate - Rank 3
Team mate - Rank 3
Team mate - Rank 3
Total Skill - 19

vs.

Enemy - Rank 5
Enemy - Rank 5
Enemy - Rank 5
Enemy - Rank 5
Total Skill - 20

In this example, your opposing team has more skill than your team.

You’re getting “screwed” because of how “good” you are. Because placing you on the OTHER team, with a bunch of “5’s” would NOT make for a competitive match, it would be a blowout game where you would have one team with a skill of 25 vs. a team with a skill of 14.

20 vs. 19 is a closer match than 25 vs. 14 you dig?

TLDR - Rank is not used in making your matches and you are too good to play by yourself, find a team.

> Rank is not indicative of skill, and is not considered by the matchmaking system.
>
> Here is an example of what can happen though:
>
> Lets say the best player is a 10, and the worst is a 1.
>
> If you’re playing Team Slayer by yourself, and you are someone who is awesome, lets say, a 10.
>
> Your team could look like this:
>
> You - Rank 10
> Team mate - Rank 3
> Team mate - Rank 3
> Team mate - Rank 3
> Total Skill - 19
>
> vs.
>
> Enemy - Rank 5
> Enemy - Rank 5
> Enemy - Rank 5
> Enemy - Rank 5
> Total Skill - 20
>
> In this example, your opposing team has more skill than your team.
>
> You’re getting “screwed” because of how “good” you are. Because placing you on the OTHER team, with a bunch of “5’s” would NOT make for a competitive match, it would be a blowout game where you would have one team with a skill of 25 vs. a team with a skill of 14.
>
> 20 vs. 19 is a closer match than 25 vs. 14 you dig?
>
> TLDR - Rank is not used in making your matches and you are too good to play by yourself, find a team.

Thanks.

> I’ve played 251 games of Team Slayer and I search for same skill, then how is it that I keep getting matched up with Captains and Warrant Officers? That’s just BS because they keep making me lose games.

Rank means nothing in this game, check out my stats, I have a higher K/D ratio, a better BFPRing, but I’m a WO>>>

>

It might also be worth mentioning, that because you don’t play as much Multiplayer matchmaking as others of your rank, you would have a lower trueskill than the majority of your rank

Are you sure your only going against WO and captains? No higher ranks whatsoever?

> >
>
> It might also be worth mentioning, that because you don’t play as much Multiplayer matchmaking as others of your rank, you would have a lower trueskill than the majority of your rank
>
> Are you sure your only going against WO and captains? No higher ranks whatsoever?

Sometimes Lt. Colonels/Commanders, even less colonels, brigadiers and almost never generals or higher

rank =/= skill it matches you based on your hidden trueskill number. If you want to know what that is, go to Halocharts.

To fix a true skill system in a game, there needs to be one first.

Reach does NOT have true skill in anything other than Arena. In Arena, your division and true skill is based off of Win/Loss. It was switched to Win/Loss for season 7+. Current season is 8. Your rating per game/daily rating doesn’t mean crap. It takes quite a number of games for the system to accurately place you in the right true skill area. A good number of games being 50-100.

Do not bring up the search preference to search for skill, that does nothing. There is no hidden true skill in playlists other then Arena, like Halo 3 had a hidden system for the social playlists.