Fix The RADAR for crying out loud!

The radar is a problem in halo5- it’s just too small. 18m? What happened to the normal 25 meters we’ve come accustomed to for almost 15 years.
Ive read the reason they’ve said they reduced it… but here is why it does not work, as is.
In halo… there literally is no way to hold down a room on a map such as Truth (midship) with just your peripheral vision. Your radar is now SO SMALL that anyone who is on it, is basically already within melee distance of you, meaning that they already saw you before your radar did… which also means they also got the drop on you before you saw them.
Random Gameplay.

Heres a senario that just happened just 5 minutes ago on my Xbox account “AlgaeEater”. I’m playing rockets… I shoot both of my shots… start reloading and see someone on my radar… “WELP! Guess I’m dead, because since hes on my SUPER SMALL RADER… theres no way to escape or even try to get away like we used to be able too.” -BAM… i die-

What I don’t understand is, Why make the game faster… but make the radar smaller, similar to COD. The person who sees someone first gets the kill? And for people saying, "IT"S FINE GET USED TO IT! JUST DON’T SUCK! USE UR SIGHT MORE, DONT DEPEND ON A RADAR!. Stop. just Stop. THIS IS HALO… For 15 years it has been a game about skill, perfect aim, and RADAR. Take radar away, and what do you have? Random gameplay where majority of the free for all games end with sudden deaths.

I agree completely. I fail to see any logic behind bringing the radar down to 18 meters… We’re playing a game where players move faster than ever before, so why is the radar smaller than it has ever been?

I get it, the pro players don’t like radar. But last I checked, most of the community weren’t pro players…

> 2533274808386392;2:
> I agree completely. I fail to see any logic behind bringing the radar down to 18 meters… We’re playing a game where players move faster than ever before, so why is the radar smaller than it has ever been?
> I get it, the pro players don’t like radar. But last I checked, most of the community weren’t pro players…

From my POV… Radar adds skill. You can identify whos around, predict where they are, what theyre possibly doing or what theyre going to do and what way theyre facing. Then make adjusments accordingly to take him out along with the 2 guys in front of you. It makes you think more, and makes the game LESS RANDOM.

RADAR makes the better player win a firefight… rather than the first person to shoot

It’s fine to me now that I’m used to it.

They were going for somewhere between regular slayer & slayer pro and I like it now.

It shifts the balance more toward using your head and less toward letting the radar just tell you where people are.

That being said, the radar is still plenty useful as it is for that. The people saying radar is useless are just being ridiculous because the game doesn’t hold your hand as much.

> 2533274891443725;3:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > I agree completely. I fail to see any logic behind bringing the radar down to 18 meters… We’re playing a game where players move faster than ever before, so why is the radar smaller than it has ever been?
> > I get it, the pro players don’t like radar. But last I checked, most of the community weren’t pro players…
>
>
> From my POV… Radar adds skill. You can identify whos around, predict where they are, what theyre possibly doing or what theyre going to do and what way theyre facing. Then make adjusments accordingly to take him out along with the 2 guys in front of you. It makes you think more, and makes the game LESS RANDOM.
>
> RADAR makes the better player win a firefight… rather than the first person to shoot

I agree completely. I find that my own performance has been affected by essentially not having a radar, which definitely was not the case in the Beta. I wish that there would at least be a social playlist where the radar was back to 25 meters.

> 2533274866682248;4:
> It’s fine to me now that I’m used to it.
>
> They were going for somewhere between regular slayer & slayer pro and I like it now.
>
> It shifts the balance more toward using your head and less toward letting the radar just tell you where people are.
>
> That being said, the radar is still plenty useful as it is for that.

Agree. I think it also makes it more difficult to camp which is a good thing. I think the current radar keeps the game flowing. For all the complaints that it’s now about who shoots first, I’m finding that the best players have adapted and still dominate like always.

25m would be a problem though because it would cover like 75% of the map. The maps are tiny in h5. I like the radar where it is personally.

agreed!