Fix Sword and Shotgun

In halo reach the sword and shotgun are only useful if you use sprint, but since you will be slowed down when shot in halo 4 you can’t do that anymore. The only other option is camping around corners which isn’t halo.

So what can be done to fix this? I think the sword and shotgun should have faster animations when you switch to them like the magnum. So you can use another weapon and then quickly switch to sword or shotgun when needed.

What do you guys think?

keep out sword challenging.
Keep shot gun one shot kill if close enough.
Need a way to make them more than just camping weapons.
But that is what they have always been.
Halo 4 is faster paced than halo reach and halo 3 though so they will already be more effective.

You shouldn’t be allowed to sprint if you have the sword.

> You shouldn’t be allowed to sprint if you have the sword.

Sprinting is the best thing to have with a sword.

They both worked fine in 2 and 3 where there was no sprint, I think they will be fine in 4.

> You shouldn’t be allowed to sprint if you have the sword.

Agreed, especially if there is no sword block in Halo 4. For it being a cqc weapon it becomes incredibly overpowered with sprint. Or if you allow sprinting with the sword out then take away the lunge.

> They both worked fine in 2 and 3 where there was no sprint, I think they will be fine in 4.

> They both worked fine in 2 and 3 where there was no sprint, I think they will be fine in 4.

Exactly, sword worked fine without sprint in Halo 2 and 3, in Reach its overpowered with sprint. They need to tweak it for the new game.

The reason why the sword worked fine was because there was a lunge. In Reach the lunge is so little that it is pathetic and the only way to get a good lunge with sword is to sprint. Now in Reach the only thing that made it OP was that Sprint was broken to begin with. In H4 you can shoot a person that has sprint engaged and they will sprint slower. Therefore, this makes the sprinting sword wielding beast not so beastly anymore if you can shoot him before its to late.

> The reason why the sword worked fine was because there was a lunge. In Reach the lunge is so little that it is pathetic and the only way to get a good lunge with sword is to sprint. Now in Reach the only thing that made it OP was that Sprint was broken to begin with. In H4 you can shoot a person that has sprint engaged and they will sprint slower. Therefore, this makes the sprinting sword wielding beast not so beastly anymore if you can shoot him before its to late.

You know what? In my above posts I totally forgot they announced a slow down when being shot. Well I guess it fixes the problem for the most part.

Base speed has increased in Halo 4, so my guess is that the sword will work like it did in the past trilogy. Sprint+sword will only work if they player is unaware of you wielding a sword or already to close. I think the sword isn’t as op now anymore.

And actually sprint+shotgun in Reach isn’t really useful at all since you can’t shoot while running. So I’m sure strength has been added a little back to the shotgun.

So they should both be balanced.

This. Sprint made the Sword way too powerful, I’m quite happy to see 343 Industries fixing this.

Sprint overpowers the sword if you ask me because it also has a lunge which makes it super strong to have a sword+sprint combination. I say speed it up when you have the shotgun but not the sword. I personally love the sword but I do think it’s too powerful at times :confused:

> In Reach the lunge is so little that it is pathetic

wut?

OP: Lunge range on the Sword is not insignificant. In the end it disallows people to charge down hallways and expect to get kills. Shotgun can two or three shot somebody from a significant range. Know the room that the Gravity Hammer sits in on Power House? If you stand in the doorway, you can two shot someone standing in the other doorway.

Give us the Halo CE shotgun

Problem solved

> In halo reach the sword and shotgun are only useful if you use sprint, but since you will be slowed down when shot in halo 4 you can’t do that anymore. The only other option is camping around corners which isn’t halo.
>
> So what can be done to fix this? I think the sword and shotgun should have faster animations when you switch to them like the magnum. So you can use another weapon and then quickly switch to sword or shotgun when needed.
>
> What do you guys think?

lolwut

I did this all the time in Halo 2, Halo 3, AND Halo Reach.

nothing is wrong with the sword, especially with lunge. as for shotgun, it needs more distance for sure. i’d say around 8 ft in front of someone should at least take out shields completely (in halo 4’s case all the way down). anything under is a kill and anything up to 12 ft should only have partial shield depletion. it may sound like a lot of distance, but just imagine a NBA player and a 3-year-old on his shoulders laying down on the ground, which i think would be reasonable.

Okay,

number 1: lol reach
number 2: I agree with no sword lunge if sprint is present. It makes more sense. Most people camp with the sword to the point of not needing sword lunge, so I think it’ll be fine.

Shotty is a camping weapon, its an extreme cqc gun only good for defending an objective or holding a position, only way to make it less campy would be to increase range, and suddenly it ain’t a shotgun but a rifle ^^
Energy sword is less camper friendly since it got lounge, but it’s still a cqc weapon. I think they worked fine in previous games (maybe except Reach) and think 343i can make them good enough in Halo 4 :slight_smile: