Fix normal physics on building blocks?

In Halo Reach, you can apply the normal physics to building blocks and for a few seconds it behaves like this. However, after a building block drops to the floor it seems to fix into it’s place and cannot be moved around (much like fixed physics)

Could the title update fix this? Or is this supposed to be intentional?

Agreed. Hopefully someone may see this and bear it in mind.

Jeez whiz. I sure hope it can be fixed in the comming TU. Could open the door for some fun mini games…

> Jeez whiz. I sure hope it can be fixed in the comming TU. Could open the door for some fun mini games…

You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to do something like this. It could make a game type such as invasion so much fun.

> In Halo Reach, you can apply the normal physics to building blocks and for a few seconds it behaves like this. However, after a building block drops to the floor it seems to fix into it’s place and cannot be moved around (much like fixed physics)
>
> Could the title update fix this? Or is this supposed to be intentional?

+1000 on that. I wish ALL objects behaved as normal if they’re set to normal. This “feature” or whatever it is has really been a limitation in my map abilities.

> > Jeez whiz. I sure hope it can be fixed in the comming TU. Could open the door for some fun mini games…
>
> You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to do something like this. It could make a game type such as invasion so much fun.

Exactly. You could make things like doors or destructable bridges :open_mouth:

> > > Jeez whiz. I sure hope it can be fixed in the comming TU. Could open the door for some fun mini games…
> >
> > You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to do something like this. It could make a game type such as invasion so much fun.
>
> Exactly. You could make things like doors or destructable bridges :open_mouth:

I tried recreating the final mission from Halo 3 in forge (The Warthog Run) and this limitation ruined it because I could not make the floor fall apart or fly into the air.

This could create so much more replayability (as if it has enough). Think of the possibilities!

> Or is this supposed to be intentional?

It’s intentional. Halo 3 did the same thing with immovable objects (like Double Boxes), giving them characteristics seen in Reach’s Normal and Fixed physics setting.

>

The key thing here seems to be whether the object is a movable (like a Crate) or an immovable (like a Brace). That is what determines the effect of each physics setting… So probably the easiest way to allow what you’re asking for, OP, would be for 343 to add a toggle that lets us specifically set whether certain objects are movable or immovable. That kind of a change would retain the existing behavior while adding the new behavior; there would be no loss, only gain.

>

Unfortunately, this may require changes to the map variant file format. It’s impossible for anyone outside of 343 or Bungie to know if those changes can be implemented while maintaining backward compatibility.

>

P.S. is the forum being completely broken for anyone else? Tags and line breaks aren’t working.

> > Or is this supposed to be intentional?
>
> It’s intentional. Halo 3 did the same thing with immovable objects (like Double Boxes), giving them characteristics seen in Reach’s Normal and Fixed physics setting.
>
> >
>
> The key thing here seems to be whether the object is a movable (like a Crate) or an immovable (like a Brace). That is what determines the effect of each physics setting… So probably the easiest way to allow what you’re asking for, OP, would be for 343 to add a toggle that lets us specifically set whether certain objects are movable or immovable. That kind of a change would retain the existing behavior while adding the new behavior; there would be no loss, only gain.
>
> >
>
> Unfortunately, this may require changes to the map variant file format. It’s impossible for anyone outside of 343 or Bungie to know if those changes can be implemented while maintaining backward compatibility.
>
> >
>
> P.S. is the forum being completely broken for anyone else? Tags and line breaks aren’t working.

Well if that is the case, I do hope that 343 industries considers this for the forge in Halo 4