FIX HIJACKING!

I am so sick of spawning powerful vehicles in Warzone just to have someone jump on it two seconds later and destroy it like it’s absolutely nothing. it’s infuriating! You can’t double player movement speed, give them thrusters, and then keep hijacking the same. It’s insanely easy to board an enemy vehicle and this needs to be fixed.

Maybe we could make it so you can only hijack when vehicle shields are down or when they’re close to being destroyed. Any ideas?

It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.

You need your team playing a supporting roll to keep hijackers from wasting your ride.
Also teammates that are willing to jump into a turret can really extend a vehicle driver’s life.

I’d say it’s fairly easy to get splattered by a slow moving tank. Just by backing up it can insta-kill a Spartan.
It’s all about controlling your vehicle, making sure no one gets too close. If they manage to board you then you either weren’t watching your back or they got the upper hand on you unfortunately.
It sucks but putting a limitation to hijacking can make vehicles invincible depending who uses them and how well they can maintain their vehicle.

> 2533274802574490;2:
> It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.

Too bad they don’t make prosthetic situational awareness.

> 2533274802574490;2:
> It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.

This is the easiest Halo to highjack. Plus, like he said the movement is insane for spartans now, no awareness can help you from multiple spartans jumping over buildings and moving 15ft+ in the air to get you.

> 2533274802574490;2:
> It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.

No I don’t. The radar radius is small and you can’t see behind you. All it takes is one fast/sneaky player to hijack you. I had a match today where and enemy was standing next to the vehicle spawn and immediately when my tank came out it was boarded. No matter how much situation awareness you have there is nothing you can do about that.

> 2533274884849779;7:
> > 2533274802574490;2:
> > It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.
>
>
> No I don’t. The radar radius is small and you can’t see behind you. All it takes is one fast/sneaky player to hijack you. I had a match today where and enemy was standing next to the vehicle spawn and immediately when my tank came out it was boarded. No matter how much situation awareness you have there is nothing you can do about that.

Always spawn vehicles in your home base. I know it sucks, but unless it’s the fortress or you know it’s secure, don’t even try.

Or we could disable the ability to stack boosts? May make hijacking less of an issue? Just a suggestion. I don’t want to enrage all the people who like stacking. Personally I don’t want vehicles to be harder to hijack. I don’t like vehicles and I like hijacking but that’s just me.

I was playing with randoms, warden eternal popped up so i spawned a mantis at home base and 2 steps out of the barrier, an enemy with camo hopped on my back and that was that. He was camping outside our home base to stop us from using any vehicles. I daren’t use any vehicles if I’m playing with randoms since they dont care about the enemy hijacking you. Vehicles are no longer as useful without proper support.

Sorry I think I was the person who did that to you. (Not sorry)

If it makes you feel better I got 3 gun gooses, 2 ghosts, 3 scorpions (1 Hannibal one), and 2 wraiths. So you weren’t the only one.

When facing an imminent hijack this technique is key

> 2533274849470050;9:
> Or we could disable the ability to stack boosts?

I think that would also disable fun for a lot of Warzone players, especially in Weekend Turbo. That would be a nuclear option creating more fury than fixing any perceived ‘problem’ (which it isn’t a problem).

> 2533275075879715;4:
> I’d say it’s fairly easy to get splattered by a slow moving tank. Just by backing up it can insta-kill a Spartan.
> It’s all about controlling your vehicle, making sure no one gets too close. If they manage to board you then you either weren’t watching your back or they got the upper hand on you unfortunately.
> It sucks but putting a limitation to hijacking can make vehicles invincible depending who uses them and how well they can maintain their vehicle.

The main problem with the tanks is the speed at which the turrets move. Spartans have gotten much faster but the tanks still have garbage turret rotation which means that a flanking spartan can simply outrun the turret aim and hijack the vehicle.

I hate when that happens to me.

> 2533274897397329;5:
> > 2533274802574490;2:
> > It sounds as if you lack situational awareness.
>
>
> Too bad they don’t make prosthetic situational awareness.

They did in halo 4. Promethium vision was so broken. I’m glad it’s gone. The only way to avoid hijacks is to be more careful and pay as close of attention as you can.

It is incredibly stupid that you have to put all your focus on keeping people off of you when driving a scorpion. All I want is to use my scorpion to actually attack enemy bases or take out bosses. Instead I have to constantly focus on playing defense for my paper armored tank

SG

> 2533274924081070;17:
> It is incredibly stupid that you have to put all your focus on keeping people off of you when driving a scorpion. All I want is to use my scorpion to actually attack enemy bases or take out bosses. Instead I have to constantly focus on playing defense for my paper armored tank
>
> SG

oh wow another rooster emblem, quite rare indeed.

> 2533274922964546;12:
> When facing an imminent hijack this technique is key

That was awesome. Have my fair share where I am on the giving end, never understood why they abandon their vehicle only for me to kill them and take it. I guess they are attempting to use your technique. Always good for a laugh.

Hijacking from the front is what breaks the mantis.
hijacking is how you waste a REQ 5-8 vehicle from a guy spawning with REQ 4 camo.
Hijacking takes 1 of your 2 grenades while that person may not have multiple vehicles.
Hijacking is too easy with thruster and vehicle spawn camping.
Hijacking can be slowed if the radar increases while in a vehicle.
Hijacking almost always can not be countered in a 1v1.
Hijacking Ruined Heavies on h5.