Fist Fighting

Holding Y causes Chief to holster all his weapons and put his fists up.

Melee is always a 3 hit kill from anywhere but behind

LT and RT are left hand punch and right hand punch.

Alternating hands would kill the fastest because each hand has its own independent melee cooldown timer.

The player cannot fire or throw grenades while in fist fight mode.

The throw grenade button would become a block button so a fist fighting mini game could take place if both players lowered their weapons.

That would actually be awesome.

Not interested. Sorry.

cool idea, but i don’t think 343 would change the whole halo gameplay style with their first game. (Halo CEA doesn’t count as their game because bungie made the code, and saber made the graphics).

Sounds really useless.

What happens if you have 2 back holstered weapons? Like a shotgun and sniper rifle?

> Sounds really useless.

Being considered “useless” by some players is better than being considered over powered by all players.

If you are out of ammo or know an enemy is corner camping you could put your fists up, run in and throw some punches hoping to gain the upper hand with your faster melees.

> What happens if you have 2 back holstered weapons? Like a shotgun and sniper rifle?

Same thing that would happen if you had a shotty and snipe and ripped a turret off. They go on your back like an X.

> > What happens if you have 2 back holstered weapons? Like a shotgun and sniper rifle?
>
> Same thing that would happen if you had a shotty and snipe and ripped a turret off. They go on your back like an X.

Oh forgot about that. Will there be any added benefits besides being able to melee faster? Like faster movement speed? And shouldn’t the melees be half as powerful or even less because you are only hitting with your fists and cant use a gun for extra power? Also, It would be kinda unfair to have someone run up to you and hit you 3 times in the time it takes for them to hit you twice.

I don’t see how this would be relevant or at all convenient.

This will no doubt slow gameplay too much for my tastes. IMHO I would prefer if this wasn’t added or even spent resources on.

I would rather have melle I don’t see a point for your idea

> > > What happens if you have 2 back holstered weapons? Like a shotgun and sniper rifle?
> >
> > Same thing that would happen if you had a shotty and snipe and ripped a turret off. They go on your back like an X.
>
> Oh forgot about that. Will there be any added benefits besides being able to melee faster? Like faster movement speed? And shouldn’t the melees be half as powerful or even less because you are only hitting with your fists and cant use a gun for extra power? Also, It would be kinda unfair to have someone run up to you and hit you 3 times in the time it takes for them to hit you twice.

The only benefits that fist fight mode gives are:
-faster melee if alternating hands
-the ability to block enemy melees, not like sword block though, you could hold the block button down for as long as you want but can’t move while blocking, you can block fist melees and gun melees but not the sword or hammer

No, melees should not be less powerful because you are already at a severe disadvantage without guns or grenades. Any more nerfing would make it useless.

If you can’t put two shots into them before they start meleeing you then they deserve to kill you. Yes you melee slower than them but you have guns and grenades that you should be able to damage them with before they are in melee range.

> Being considered “useless” by some players is better than being considered over powered by all players.

What’s that got to do with it?

> If you are out of ammo or know an enemy is corner camping you could put your fists up, run in and throw some punches hoping to gain the upper hand with your faster melees.

Or you could mash the melee button like a crazy person. Or throw a grenade. Or get help from a teammate. Or flank him. Or just avoid the area entirely, you have quite a lot of options here.
I wouldn’t mind more varied melee animations, but melee combat shouldn’t have so much focus in a shooter.

"Rock em Sock em Robots"

Here we see Halo with Fist Fighting

not making fun of the thread.

It just wouldn’t achieve much. In order for it to be effective it would have to be easier to use than a regular weapon melee but less effective than a Sword or Hammer to make those weapons worthwhile on their own.

> This will no doubt slow gameplay too much for my tastes. IMHO I would prefer if this wasn’t added or even spent resources on.

Slow gameplay in what way? I don’t follow.

> > Being considered “useless” by some players is better than being considered over powered by all players.
>
> What’s that got to do with it?
>
> Some people think hologram is useless. A small portion of players can use it effectively. Almost all players think armor lock is over powered. Putting hologram in Reach would have been better than putting in armor lock.
>
>
>
> > If you are out of ammo or know an enemy is corner camping you could put your fists up, run in and throw some punches hoping to gain the upper hand with your faster melees.
>
> Or you could mash the melee button like a crazy person. Or throw a grenade. Or get help from a teammate. Or flank him. Or just avoid the area entirely, you have quite a lot of options here.
> I wouldn’t mind more varied melee animations, but melee combat shouldn’t have so much focus in a shooter.

Yes you could do all those things…or you could go into fist fight mode. I wouldn’t say it’s too much focus on melee. I would say its just the right amount.

> It just wouldn’t achieve much. In order for it to be effective it would have to be easier to use than a regular weapon melee but less effective than a Sword or Hammer to make those weapons worthwhile on their own.

Fist or gun melees can be blocked by a fist fighter. The sword and hammer cannot be blocked. Sword and hammer kill the fastest, then fist fighting, then standard gun meleeing. Seems to have a good balance.

I don’t think so. . this is Halo not Street Fighter