Fist fighting the Didact...

Going going to fist fight the Didact is near suicide. The dude is like two times taller than the Chief as he is a Forerunner Promethean, they could supposedly crush a human skull with one hand, easily. The Chief would not even be able to hurt him, a pulse grenade did no damage, so imagine trying to take the Didact down with your fists…

i understand what your saying. but Cortana must have done something to him i dunno.

What’s the point of this thread?

> What’s the point of this thread?

I guess what I was trying to imply is that 343 never made the Chief engage the Didact in close quarters combat and because the Chief would have died trying to do so they just made the Didact try and force choke him.

Pretty sure you’re fist does nothing against like…brick walls…cement…kevlar…I highly doubt your fist would do anything to the most powerful armour in existance…

> Pretty sure you’re fist does nothing against like…brick walls…cement…kevlar…I highly doubt your fist would do anything to the most powerful armour in existance…

Yeah, so the Chief would have been rag dolled around like a toy by the Didact. I guess that is why the Didact only force choked the chief, to just save him the pointless trouble.

I had a perfectly fine Gravity Hammer at that point, I wish I was able to use it.

Everything has a purpose, the Emperor ordains it so.
You may corrupt the souls of men, but I am steel!
wham
I am doom!
wham
I march for Macragge and I know no FEAR!
wham

> I had a perfectly fine Gravity Hammer at that point, I wish I was able to use it.
>
> Everything has a purpose, the Emperor ordains it so.
> You may corrupt the souls of men, but I am steel!
> wham
> I am doom!
> wham
> I march for Macragge and I know no FEAR!
> wham

Loving the Ultramarines quote… brother

343i should have had more fighting between these two or more encoutering between them. The ending was kinda crappy and call of duty style, altough, 343 did a fantastic job with this character.

It’d still be better than planting a grenade on him. Then again, it’d be just left punch, right punch, and block… wouldn’t be very interesting.

And the grenade did damage Didact in that it stunned him so that he couldn’t recuperate from the fall.

> I had a perfectly fine Gravity Hammer at that point, I wish I was able to use it.
>
> wham
> I am doom!
> wham
> wham

Gravity Hammer or Thunderhammer? :wink:

wait so is he still alive

> wait so is he still alive

The Didact never dies. He was just watching some Promethean P.O.R.N.

There must have been a way. . .

He may not have died if he had a fist fight with the Didact, he had something the other Spartans didn’t.

Can you guess?

Luck.

>
> wham
> I am doom!
> wham
> wham

SUFFER NOT AN ALIEN TO LIVE!

> wait so is he still alive

Well, there’s still another 2 games to go, so I’m guessing he did.

If you look under the Composer during the final fight, there is a slip space portal which is powering the Composer. The Didact falls into it later on. I’m not exactly sure where it would lead him, but I’m pretty sure we haven’t seen the end of him, not yet.

Oh well, the story continues.