Fishstick?

Sure it’s the controller layout that is influenced by COD. But now that I have given it a chance I find that I play better whilst using it… since most every shooter nowadays uses it. Anyone else use the controller layout Fishstick?

Can you run us by what the buttons do?

> Can you run us by what the buttons do?

Left Trigger - Zoom
Right Trigger - Fire
Left bumper - Armor Ability
Right bumper - Throw grenade
Y - switch weapons
X - reload/action
B - Crouch
A - Jump
Right stick - Look/Melee
Left stick - Move/Sprint

I used it in Borderlands 2, it’s the default layout there.

a lot harder to use for me

inb4thatsbecausehalo4isanothercodclone

Everyone has their personal preferences. Personally, I typically go with Recon. But if I go on a MW3 streak and play that for a week or 2, then I’ll play Fishstick for a little bit until I get the feel of Recon again.

> inb4thatsbecausehalo4isnotacodclone.

Fixed.

> > inb4thatsbecausehalo4isnotacodclone.
>
> Fixed.

Halo 4 is a generic imitation of modern FPS’s with a slight resemblance to Halo.
hurr durr fixed.

OT: I use Recon, because it is what I’m used to using in Halo.

I use fishstick. The only thing I don’t really like is not being able to crouch jump. I wish you could just customize your controls, because I don’t really like any scheme that much.

Edit: oh, and sniping with the trigger zoom sucks.

I just use fishstick because I’m used to it from Borderlands.

I used to use recon in Reach cause it was the same as 3, but they changed something about it and I don’t like it anymore.

> I used to use recon in Reach cause it was the same as 3, but they changed something about it and I don’t like it anymore.

Recon in Halo 3 is the exact same as it is in Halo 4. Except the equipment button in Halo 3 is now the sprint button in Halo 4.

> > I used to use recon in Reach cause it was the same as 3, but they changed something about it and I don’t like it anymore.
>
> Recon in Halo 3 is the exact same as it is in Halo 4. Except the equipment button in Halo 3 is now the sprint button in Halo 4.

Hence the reason I don’t like it. I prefer sprint on LB like my AA was in Reach, or on the stick, but I definitely don’t like it on a face button.

This will explain the name.

It depends… I play better on some game types using fish stick over recon.

However when it comes to sniping based game types… that’s a different story.

I haven’t tried it out yet, as I seem to do just fine with the Default.

I’ll try out Fishstick sometime, as I think I’m pretty decent with the default CoD controls :wink:

> This will explain the name.

That’s pretty funny, but the real reason it’s named Fishstick is because commonly fish sticks are made from Cod fillets, and Cod is a fish. Hence “Fishstick”.

> > This will explain the name.
>
> That’s pretty funny, but the real reason it’s named Fishstick is because commonly fish sticks are made from Cod fillets, and Cod is a fish. Hence “Fishstick”.

Actually Cod isn’t used - its too expensive to be used for that, they normally use Pollock.

I use fishstick because Its easier to scope in.

Honestly, I don’t think fishsticks is too great with halo 4.

1. I’ve been using default halo settings since the begin inning.
  2. When I zoomed in with the fishsticks controls, it would do that “zoom back in” thing instead of zooming out like I wanted. I didn’t like that and it affected my gameplay awhile bunch! I’m not sure wtf was wrong, but I think my left trigger is too sensitive or something?

I prefer Recon controls. They’re easier to manage, since I’ve been playing Halo: Combat Evolved when I was 4.
The X button just loves to switch around in Halo games, anyway. :slight_smile:

> I used it in Borderlands 2, it’s the default layout there.

That is where I know it from. Played a lot of Borderlands 2 leading up to Nov. 6th. Muscle memory won out and I changed the controls for a bit.