Fish Stick Layout

So when I was reading the bulletin today, I came to realize that the fishtick layout was the exact same as the CoD button layout. I don’t have a problem with this, I actually like this because it’ll help people who are more familiar with CoD (or other CoD clones) to play Halo 4. But what I really love is the name. “Fishstick” I find this hilarious as it’s a blatant reference to CoD as most fishsticks are made from cod fish. Dunno if anyone else noticed this but I did and thought it was hilarious.

I find it hillarious too

COD kids will be happy .

Im sticking to Bumper jumper

> COD kids will be happy .
>
>
> Im sticking to Bumper jumper

Same here! Bumper Jumper for life brotha!

> > COD kids will be happy .
> >
> >
> > Im sticking to Bumper jumper
>
> Same here! Bumper Jumper for life brotha!

I tried to make the switch from BJ (lol) from default after I heard of its unique advantages.
I failed. Gotta practice in firefight I guess.

I never really changed layouts in my games. Until fairly recently I found out there is always a “better” scheme in every game.

Halo has bumper jumper for increased accuracy while shooting.
Gears has alternate for smoother wallbounces.
Cod has tactical for crouch and drop shotting.

Fish Sticks. Hmmm reminds me of the certain South Park episode.

Do you like fish sticks in your mouth?

> > > COD kids will be happy .
> > >
> > >
> > > Im sticking to Bumper jumper
> >
> > Same here! Bumper Jumper for life brotha!
>
> I tried to make the switch from BJ (lol) from default after I heard of its unique advantages.
> I failed. Gotta practice in firefight I guess.
>
> I never really changed layouts in my games. Until fairly recently I found out there is always a “better” scheme in every game.
>
> Halo has bumper jumper for increased accuracy while shooting.
> Gears has alternate for smoother wallbounces.
> Cod has tactical for crouch and drop shotting.

Yep, its true. A default layout it made to be easy to learn, but its a crutch as much as it is a tool. I used to use default, then I went to recon. Surprisingly easy to adapt. Bumper jumper was a bit harder, but I did it anyways. You just need to keep on playing. If I were you, I’d practice by going onto jump maps (Search it up on the download files place), since BJ is about shooting while jumping.

I’m just gonna stick to BJ, although sprint on A and AA on X will take a teeny bit adapting to. But thankfully crouch is on leftstick.

And yeah, fishsticks is funny. And definitely will help but be a crutch to newer cod players.

EDIT: Oh yeah, fishsticks was a great joke. I wonder if it insults cod players, for being gay fish.

Also, hey Seano! Didn’t know you were here.

Despite what they did to my beloved, I will always rock my Recon layout. As soon as I read the thread title, the first thing that popped in my mind was “here it comes.” xD

I gotta say… “Fish Stick” is a great name for the layout. Props to whoever coined it.

It’s cool that they added that in there, almost every game uses the CoD controls (Battlefield, Borderlands, Medal of Honor) I’m glad to see it as an option for those who like those controls.