First World Bumper Jumper Problems...

I switched to bumper jumper back in Halo 3 for the reason 90% of people switched to bumper jumper (including most pros in Halo 3), because I wanted to be able to aim, jump, and melee without taking my hand off the right analogue stick…And I can’t play “Claw”. In Halo 5 aiming/scoping is now able to be done with SMGs and ARs, and when you are shot you are taken out of your ADS; just like you are taken out of scope when Sniping in other Halo games.

The problem is that with the “bumper jumper” layout, the Smart Scope (or ADS) button is clicking the right analogue stick; just like it was in every Halo. This makes winning gun battles very difficult because every time you are shot you are knocked out of scope, and you need to click the right stick to aim back in. Imagine having to constantly spam clicking the right stick in gun battles to scope…Whereas people on default simply hold the left trigger and, when knocked out of scope, automatically scope back in. It makes bumper jumper almost unusable. I found I was losing quite a few gun battles because most people were scoping in and, when hit, zoomed back in immediately; since most players play on default.

You’re probably thinking, “Quit whining and switch to default then.” And you’re right, the problem is I have played on bumper jumper for 5 years. It’s going to be a tough habit to break. Not impossible obviously, but I don’t feel like it should be necessary. I’d like for them to make a button layout that essentially is bumper jumper, but with the ADS/Smart Scope the left trigger instead clicking the right analogue stick. Do any fellow bumper jumper players feel this way?

Easy solution, full button remapping.

Keep a few ‘official’ layouts for eSports if necessary.

For me personally, with Halo 5, thrusters take precedence over melee.

I want Bumper Jumper but with:

Thrusters = RB

Pick up/Reload = X

Melee = B

I don’t care about Sprint

It might just take some time to get used to. I’ve played bumper jumper since 3 as well and I haven’t really had any problems keeping my shots on track even when knocked out of scope. I haven’t really touched the smartlink/ADS on the other guns yet. I’m too used to just having them on the BR/DMR and pistol. I’d say just stick with Bumper Jumper. While you might have the slight disadvantage in certain fights depending on range, you’re probably better off shooting from the hip in the first place.

I don’t know how everyone else feels, but that’s just my personal take on the situation.

> 2533274794055036;2:
> Easy solution, full button remapping.
>
> Keep a few ‘official’ layouts for eSports if necessary.
>
> For me personally, with Halo 5, thrusters take precedence over melee.
>
> I want Bumper Jumper but with:
>
> Thrusters = RB
>
> Pick up/Reload = X
>
> Melee = B
>
> I don’t care about Sprint

I’ve always thought button remapping should be a thing. It’s 2014 (almost 2015) why do I HAVE to play on the button layouts provided? Added customization is almost always a good thing.

> 2533274845572595;3:
> It might just take some time to get used to. I’ve played bumper jumper since 3 as well and I haven’t really had any problems keeping my shots on track even when knocked out of scope. I haven’t really touched the smartlink/ADS on the other guns yet. I’m too used to just having them on the BR/DMR and pistol. I’d say just stick with Bumper Jumper. While you might have the slight disadvantage in certain fights depending on range, you’re probably better off shooting from the hip in the first place.
>
> I don’t know how everyone else feels, but that’s just my personal take on the situation.

I didn’t think it would play a big role in the game, but in my opinion it does. Honestly, I lose almost all my SMG and AR gun battles when I KNOW I’m hitting my shots. I watch the killcam, they Smart Scope and I don’t/can’t. It has already been proven by a few Youtubers (HaloFollower) that the Smart Scope improves accuracy.

> 2533274806592326;1:
> I switched to bumper jumper back in Halo 3 for the reason 90% of people switched to bumper jumper (including most pros in Halo 3), because I wanted to be able to aim, jump, and melee without taking my hand off the right analogue stick…And I can’t play “Claw”. In Halo 5 aiming/scoping is now able to be done with SMGs and ARs, and when you are shot you are taken out of your ADS; just like you are taken out of scope when Sniping in other Halo games.
>
> The problem is that with the “bumper jumper” layout, the Smart Scope (or ADS) button is clicking the right analogue stick; just like it was in every Halo. This makes winning gun battles very difficult because every time you are shot you are knocked out of scope, and you need to click the right stick to aim back in. Imagine having to constantly spam clicking the right stick in gun battles to scope.…Whereas people on default simply hold the left trigger and, when knocked out of scope, automatically scope back in. It makes bumper jumper almost unusable. I found I was losing quite a few gun battles because most people were scoping in and, when hit, zoomed back in immediately; since most players play on default.
>
> You’re probably thinking, “Quit whining and switch to default then.” And you’re right, the problem is I have played on bumper jumper for 5 years. It’s going to be a tough habit to break. Not impossible obviously, but I don’t feel like it should be necessary. I’d like for them to make a button layout that essentially is bumper jumper, but with the ADS/Smart Scope the left trigger instead clicking the right analogue stick. Do any fellow bumper jumper players feel this way?

That’s stupid. You shouldn’t be able to hold the button to rescope. It removes the point of descoping, and is unfair when compared to other button layouts.

I thought holding the right stick did the same thing as holding left trigger on default. That’s how it worked in past halos.

> 2533275004372869;7:
> I thought holding the right stick did the same thing as holding left trigger on default. That’s how it worked in past halos.

I’ve never tried holding the right stick down to stay in scope in battle. Even if that DID work, It would definitely be cumbersome to have to hold down the right stick while also trying to jump, aim, strafe and shoot.

I know what you’re saying. I always play bumper jumper, so I figured it would suit me fine in Halo 5. Wrong. I lost countless fights because I can’t zoom in as fast as other people who are playing on the default scheme. I feel like zoom should be mapped to the right stick on all or most of the control schemes. Better yet, custom button mapping would be ideal.

> 2533274805230315;6:
> > 2533274806592326;1:
> > I switched to bumper jumper back in Halo 3 for the reason 90% of people switched to bumper jumper (including most pros in Halo 3), because I wanted to be able to aim, jump, and melee without taking my hand off the right analogue stick…And I can’t play “Claw”. In Halo 5 aiming/scoping is now able to be done with SMGs and ARs, and when you are shot you are taken out of your ADS; just like you are taken out of scope when Sniping in other Halo games.
> >
> > The problem is that with the “bumper jumper” layout, the Smart Scope (or ADS) button is clicking the right analogue stick; just like it was in every Halo. This makes winning gun battles very difficult because every time you are shot you are knocked out of scope, and you need to click the right stick to aim back in. Imagine having to constantly spam clicking the right stick in gun battles to scope.…Whereas people on default simply hold the left trigger and, when knocked out of scope, automatically scope back in. It makes bumper jumper almost unusable. I found I was losing quite a few gun battles because most people were scoping in and, when hit, zoomed back in immediately; since most players play on default.
> >
> > You’re probably thinking, “Quit whining and switch to default then.” And you’re right, the problem is I have played on bumper jumper for 5 years. It’s going to be a tough habit to break. Not impossible obviously, but I don’t feel like it should be necessary. I’d like for them to make a button layout that essentially is bumper jumper, but with the ADS/Smart Scope the left trigger instead clicking the right analogue stick. Do any fellow bumper jumper players feel this way?
>
>
> That’s stupid. You shouldn’t be able to hold the button to rescope. It removes the point of descoping, and is unfair when compared to other button layouts.

I agree 100%. I played ONE game on default and had the best game I ever had. Despite constantly nading my teammates when I thought I was jumping, thrust boosting when I wanted to reload, and also thrust boosting every time I wanted to pick up a weapon haha.

> 2533274826802205;9:
> I know what you’re saying. I always play bumper jumper, so I figured it would suit me fine in Halo 5. Wrong. I lost countless fights because I can’t zoom in as fast as other people who are playing on the default scheme. I feel like zoom should be mapped to the right stick on all or most of the control schemes. Better yet, custom button mapping would be ideal.

Exactly! Like I said above. I played ONE game on default and had the best game I ever had. Despite constantly nading my teammates when I thought I was jumping, thrust boosting when I wanted to reload, and also thrust boosting every time I wanted to pick up a weapon haha. If they don’t make bumper jumper more usable, I probably won’t get the game. I don’t want to change my controller layout JUST to play Halo 5. I’ll just stick with Halo MCC.

I find with bumper jumper I’m constantly going into the animation for the ground pound even tho I am not at the height required for the ground pound and I end up hovering there for a few seconds making me a sitting duck

I would honestly like to see the ground pound only become “active” if you are at a sufficient height to pull it off