First person Vehicles/turrets should be and OpTION.

First person Vehicles/turrets should be an option and Off by default.

WHY??? YOU MADMAN, WHY HAVE IT OFF BY DEFAULT!!!

As much as i really really want First Person vehicles in halo 4 so very much, i know that in Halo, vehicles are a big part. They are so well liked for the way they play and feel. First person vehicles really mixes and changes things up, and most people dont want that. They like vehicles as they are.

BUT! With the simple option in the menu, it can be changed to your liking! Even choose which seats are first person! This is required as it keeps what many players want in Halo but it also offers new opportunities and fun for all players old and new.

Its also freaking awesome for machinima…

PLEASE! SUPPORT THIS AND MAKE IT KNOWN TO 343 THAT THE POEPLE WANT OPTIONS AND THEY WANT FIRST PERSON!!!

Okay calm down now…

I agree. I’d like the menu selection to be something like this:

Driver view- 3rd/1st person
Passenger view- 3rd/1st person
Turret view- 3rd/1st person

That way you could optimise it to suit you best. Personally I’d put the passenger on 1st person and leave the others on third person.

Good idea but in this case 343 has to detail the cockpits (…) a lot more than in previous games.

There is a disadvantage.What if say you are driving through the middle of the map and you had no gunner or passenger and someone tries to kill from behind.

> There is a disadvantage.What if say you are driving through the middle of the map and you had no gunner or passenger and someone tries to kill from behind.

That’s your choice. If you choose a view, you choose any disadvantages that come with it. Besides, if someone was shooting at you from behind, you probably wouldn’t see them no matter what view you were using.

They could place a mirror in the cockpit^^

I don’t agree.

Just for the sake of machinima isn’t a good reason to include first person view to be honest.

Aside from that, and from the fact that I’m all in for optional controls/features even if they include Kinect, I’m not feeling this. Never have either.
You see, there is a reason why we drive in third person. So that you have a better view of what is going on around you and your vehicle.
First person view works in racing games, sure, but that’s because it’s essential there. And the driving/flying in a Halo game is just arcady relies heavily on seeing (and avoiding) the action around you.
From a first person perspective you could see far less than from a third person perspective. Basically Thisis what you’d see, opposed to This (not exactly in both example, but pretty close to the real deals).
Now, also keep in mind that the Hog’s cockpit and window allow for a very bad sight around the vehicle, and that the thing is so huge it’s hard to navigate from first person. Something acknowledged by the guys from WETA who actually build one on a 1-1 scale…
That’s not even taking in accound the big humps of the “hood” of Ghosts, the lack of a proper view port on Banshees and Wraiths etc.
Basically: you would see far too little.

Now you will say “duh…read meh post: optional!!!”

And I will say: Well, quite frankly I wouldn’t trust anybody driving from a first person perspective when I’m on the gun or in the passenger seat of said vehicle. I’d like my driver to know what is going on around him. I’d feel safer when the driver could see where bullets are coming from.
In a way, you’d make people wary of their drivers and might discourage a lot of people to hop into a vehicle because you don’t know if your driver can even see what’s going on.

Solution: make first person view in vehicles optional in Theater mode only.

As for first person view on turrets etc: just keep it as it is. It’s fine that way. Although I must say the gun Jorge had shouldn’t have been a traditional turret and a heavy machine gun for first person instead.

> There is a disadvantage.What if say you are driving through the middle of the map and you had no gunner or passenger and someone tries to kill from behind.

That happens anyway even in third person, plus you have a radar.

Free will and more choices for the win!! Yay customization! :smiley:

If it is a choice, I will gladly stay in 3rd person. The ability to see around you in a vehicle is extremely useful. I would enjoy the passenger being in 1st person though because the passenger is shooting and in that case 1st person is much better.

Even though I’m a fan of third-person driving, this would be a great way to mix things up every so often. I agree, it should be an option.

Noooooo.

Halo and 3rd person vehicles go together like Kim and Cole.

> Noooooo.
>
>
> Halo and 3rd person vehicles go together like Kim and Cole.

Which is why it should be an option for people who want to add a different type of variety to their gameplay.

> > Noooooo.
> >
> >
> > Halo and 3rd person vehicles go together like Kim and Cole.
>
> Which is why it should be an option for people who want to add a different type of variety to their gameplay.

Well whatever, I’d rather 343 focus on more main aspects of the game than try to make their game more like Battlefield.

I must be too old school, but that’s my personal opinion.