First Person Vehicle passenger seat

It was teased in opening sequence for the Reach beta. It would be a cool adition to all vehicles via the d-pad.

I supose so, but how many people would actualy use it?
I mean, you would loose your ability to see what was around you, making it harder to drive.
In the end, people won’t use it and so 343 will have watsed time on making it.

I would rather they put effort in to making other parts of the game better, then giving us cheap tricks.

I’ll just copy what I said about this subject the other day:

I don’t agree.

Just for the sake of machinima isn’t a good reason to include first person view either.

Aside from that, and from the fact that I’m all in for optional controls/features even if they include Kinect, I’m not feeling this. Never have either.
You see, there is a reason why we drive in third person. So that you have a better view of what is going on around you and your vehicle.
First person view works in racing games, sure, but that’s because it’s essential there. And the driving/flying in a Halo game is just arcady relies heavily on seeing (and avoiding) the action around you.
From a first person perspective you could see far less than from a third person perspective. Basically Thisis what you’d see, opposed to This (not exactly in both example, but pretty close to the real deals).
Now, also keep in mind that the Hog’s cockpit and window allow for a very bad sight around the vehicle, and that the thing is so huge it’s hard to navigate from first person. Something acknowledged by the guys from WETA who actually build one on a 1-1 scale…
That’s not even taking in accound the big humps of the “hood” of Ghosts, the lack of a proper view port on Banshees and Wraiths etc.
Basically: you would see far too little.

Quite frankly I wouldn’t trust anybody driving from a first person perspective when I’m on the gun or in the passenger seat of said vehicle. I’d like my driver to know what is going on around him. I’d feel safer when the driver could see where bullets are coming from.
In a way, you’d make people wary of their drivers and might discourage a lot of people to hop into a vehicle because you don’t know if your driver can even see what’s going on.

Solution: make first person view in vehicles optional in Theater mode only.

if you had the option to turn it on/off then it would be perfect for some game types like racing and rally but thats about it. or they could have it for the passenger seats like in halo c.e I loved that it gave a better view point for shooting.

> I’ll just copy what I said about this subject the other day:
>
> I don’t agree.
>
> Just for the sake of machinima isn’t a good reason to include first person view either.
>
> Aside from that, and from the fact that I’m all in for optional controls/features even if they include Kinect, I’m not feeling this. Never have either.
> You see, there is a reason why we drive in third person. So that you have a better view of what is going on around you and your vehicle.
> First person view works in racing games, sure, but that’s because it’s essential there. And the driving/flying in a Halo game is just arcady relies heavily on seeing (and avoiding) the action around you.
> From a first person perspective you could see far less than from a third person perspective. Basically Thisis what you’d see, opposed to This (not exactly in both example, but pretty close to the real deals).
> Now, also keep in mind that the Hog’s cockpit and window allow for a very bad sight around the vehicle, and that the thing is so huge it’s hard to navigate from first person. Something acknowledged by the guys from WETA who actually build one on a 1-1 scale…
> That’s not even taking in accound the big humps of the “hood” of Ghosts, the lack of a proper view port on Banshees and Wraiths etc.
> Basically: you would see far too little.
>
> Quite frankly I wouldn’t trust anybody driving from a first person perspective when I’m on the gun or in the passenger seat of said vehicle. I’d like my driver to know what is going on around him. I’d feel safer when the driver could see where bullets are coming from.
> In a way, you’d make people wary of their drivers and might discourage a lot of people to hop into a vehicle because you don’t know if your driver can even see what’s going on.
>
> Solution: <mark>make first person view in vehicles optional in Theater mode only</mark>.

Well i think having first person as an option in Multiplayer is a very good idea, especially when gunning on a turret, it would have alot of advantages, like zooming maybe

> > I’ll just copy what I said about this subject the other day:
> >
> > I don’t agree.
> >
> > Just for the sake of machinima isn’t a good reason to include first person view either.
> >
> > Aside from that, and from the fact that I’m all in for optional controls/features even if they include Kinect, I’m not feeling this. Never have either.
> > You see, there is a reason why we drive in third person. So that you have a better view of what is going on around you and your vehicle.
> > First person view works in racing games, sure, but that’s because it’s essential there. And the driving/flying in a Halo game is just arcady relies heavily on seeing (and avoiding) the action around you.
> > From a first person perspective you could see far less than from a third person perspective. Basically Thisis what you’d see, opposed to This (not exactly in both example, but pretty close to the real deals).
> > Now, also keep in mind that the Hog’s cockpit and window allow for a very bad sight around the vehicle, and that the thing is so huge it’s hard to navigate from first person. Something acknowledged by the guys from WETA who actually build one on a 1-1 scale…
> > That’s not even taking in accound the big humps of the “hood” of Ghosts, the lack of a proper view port on Banshees and Wraiths etc.
> > Basically: you would see far too little.
> >
> > Quite frankly I wouldn’t trust anybody driving from a first person perspective when I’m on the gun or in the passenger seat of said vehicle. I’d like my driver to know what is going on around him. I’d feel safer when the driver could see where bullets are coming from.
> > In a way, you’d make people wary of their drivers and might discourage a lot of people to hop into a vehicle because you don’t know if your driver can even see what’s going on.
> >
> > Solution: <mark>make first person view in vehicles optional in Theater mode only</mark>.
>
> Well i think having first person as an option in Multiplayer is a very good idea, especially when gunning on a turret, it would have alot of advantages, like zooming maybe

Like?
Zooming has “never” been available on an automatic weapon in Halo (except for the ODST SMG), so zooming on a Turret would feel off and would also make little sense. And what advantage do you get when you can zoom in with a Sniper for instance, from the passangers seat, when nearly every Halo map is bumpy as hell? Good luck trying to snipe…
Again: sure, it might look neat, but from a gameplay perspective you see far too little of your surroundings, and that alone makes it a no-no to me.

This is a good idea that i hope 343 will put in an option that will allow you swap person view. always wanted to see the perspective from the driver seat

It would be awesome if there is first person driving it will make vehicles more fun to drive

Like it’s been said, nobody would ever really use it since driving in third person is so much better due to being able to see what’s around you. Sure, you’d use it a few times in the beginning because it’s fun, but after a few weeks you’d get bored of it.

I mean, look at this video and tell me that you wouldn’t want to go back to third person. Yes, it is cool, very cool, but not useful in any way. If anything, it should be a toggle, but I don’t see why they’d waste time on it.

> It was teased in opening sequence for the Reach beta. It would be a cool adition to all vehicles via the d-pad.

I made a topic weeks ago about something like this but it was only for passenger in vehicles and all you need to is to click the zoom in to go from 1st to 3rd person. :P…

Maybe in Mongooses? It wouldn’t be much of a problem there.

driver; Nope
Passanger: Hell yeah
Gunner; Maybe

So long as it’s purely optional, I personally would welcome 1st person driving in Halo. It has to be optional though.

Hey I found the first person passenger seat was good and awesome because in halo 1 was very good

I can see it working. 3rd person to see your surroundings, first person to have the ability to scope with certain weapons. although I don’t see it as a necessary addition.

> It was teased in opening sequence for the Reach beta. It would be a cool adition to all vehicles via the d-pad.

It was also used in Halo: CE.
Anyway I would like it to be an option you can switch between. Also those of you that played Star Wars: Battlefront 1. You know when you use the first person view. when you enter a vehicle you have a first person of the cockpit. Imagine that for Halo 4.

I wish they’d at least make it optional.

first person passenger could pave the way for a few matchmaking achievements and challenges.
example: Pro Wingman. Earn three sniper kills while riding as the passenger of a worthog in a single BTB Game.
the challenge or achievement could be called anything you can think of.

DRIVER: No
PASANGER: Yes
GUNNER: Only on the falcon and mongose.
:slight_smile:

A campaign and firefight skull maybe? Also in theatre mode for multiplayer games?

Aw man, that would be so awesome. But they must keep it as a extra. Don’t replace it with the original third-person camera.