First Person mode to join in the battles???

Wouldn’t it be cool if you could control one of the pawns on the battlefield?

No. Not in an RTS, as it would serve no purpose. You are essentially asking for Battlefield. This is not that game, or anything like it.

EDIT: Essentially/Literally

> 2533274809541057;2:
> No. Not in an RTS, as it would serve no purpose. You are literally asking for Battlefield. This is not that game, or anything like it.

That is true, would increase the immersion though. Not beneficial to an rts though.

RTS isn’t about immersion from an individual unit’s perspective. It’s about being the Field Marshal, the commander of Land Forces West, the General…

You are in control of everyone and everything, and are the person who dictates when and where to attack and with what style of tactics.

Also it can distract you, while you were fighting on foot in the battle the enemy could be leading an attack force to your bases. You can’t do 2 things at the same time.

The Rudy said it all OP, it would be cool for immersion sake but would ultimately be a waste of time and resources (see what I did there?)

> 2533274882881665;6:
> The Rudy said it all OP, it would be cool for immersion sake but would ultimately be a waste of time and resources (see what I did there?)

slow clap

The way combat works in an RTS between units would make it 100% pointless, as you have set damage and the AI will ALWAYS hit you (for example in halo 3 a grunt will miss you a lot but in halo wars if a grunt is told to attack something it WILL hit that thing for consistent amounts of damage) this would put the player at a pretty big disadvantage unless you can aimbot just like the AI does.

But at the same time this idea would be AWESOME and maybe it could be like the game Heroes and Generals where one player makes the commands and others control the soldiers…

Defeats the whole purpose of an RTS in general. You wouldn’t be able to command units if your on the battle field shooting things. It just wouldn’t work with the way Halo Wars is. I’d prefer Halo Wars 2 to stick with it’s roots.

I don’t think that should work. The original halo wars gave halo a more control and strategy game. Putting in first person would ruin it.

Yea if you want first person view just play the original Halo games.

I would be a nice thing to add in but then would it take away from what people know about halo wars, for me its something different from the first person mode all the others have.

not really

It would be too hard to switch between controlling your army at the same time.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> No. Not in an RTS, as it would serve no purpose. You are literally asking for Battlefield. This is not that game, or anything like it.

If he was asking for BF literally, he would have said: “I’m asking for Battlefield”. Love how literally is now used in the place of figuratively - the polar opposite. Ridiculous.

But no, direct control of units has never worked in RTS - one unit becoming OP screws with balancing.

Amazing idea!

I think the best thing for this is like how you could spawn in Spartans on the battlefield. One player in the game and the others commanding the force so in total a 6v6 maximum. Naturally players would be forced to switch each game. But I like the idea!

> 2533274812540602;15:
> > 2533274809541057;2:
> > No. Not in an RTS, as it would serve no purpose. You are literally asking for Battlefield. This is not that game, or anything like it.
>
>
> If he was asking for BF literally, he would have said: “I’m asking for Battlefield”. Love how literally is now used in the place of figuratively - the polar opposite. Ridiculous.
>
> But no, direct control of units has never worked in RTS - one unit becoming OP screws with balancing.

Perhaps I was liberal with my usage of “literal”… Does Archer rule your life?

Anyway… He is asking to control an individual unit on a large scale battlefield. Halo Wars is [relatively] large scale battle. Becoming an individual unit would then in essence render the experience into being much like battlefield, where you can play as any individual unit on the battlefield, without any of the overhead micro and macromanagement.

Maybe a cinematic mode like empire at war but no first person

yea that would be pretty epic