First Person deaths

I think that an awesome new atsthetics idea would be first person deaths. When you die, your view turns to what it would look like in real life: you can actually see the visor. If you got sniped orheadshotted, there would be a crack on the visr. I’ll get some pictures when i’m not on a mobile device. So what do you think of this? It could at least be an option.

sounds good to me

OH YES.

Imagine skidding along the ground after being propelled out of a vehicle by explosion, cringing as your face slams into the wall. Good stuff

Might just make people motion sick if its done too much.

> Might just make people motion sick if its done too much.

Maybe there can be an on/off option.

First-Person rag doll death?

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yes, there would have to be an on/off option.
Sometimes a ragdoll will do consecutive barrel rolls which certainly may nauseate the viewer. But for others… It would be awesome!

NO, one of my favorite parts of Halo is that it goes into third person when you die, you get to see the hilarious rag dolls and animations.

Make it an on/off toggle, and we have a winner!

> NO, one of my favorite parts of Halo is that it goes into third person when you die, you get to see the hilarious rag dolls and animations.

Also when you phase through a level and your character pretty much explodes, like in Halo 2.

Yes! And yes to on/off toggle!

It would be kind of interesting to see yourself go flying off after an explosion arms flailing in front of you, you know, the kind of deaths that Halo is famous for.

That would be amazing. I agree with the on/off toggle though. WE WANT THIS 343!

I’d prefer to get First Person Driving First :slight_smile:

I can almost hear the Monty Norman theme now. Que red blood wipe.

Person 1: That’s insane! It’s never been done before!

Person 2: That’s exactly why it has to work!

xD

thats actually really cool, and it would be really easy to do. make the toggle to move the camera to the usual spot, or move it to an empty object right in front of your spartans visor.
this could be implemented into (a new) halo in at most like 6 hours.

> > NO, one of my favorite parts of Halo is that it goes into third person when you die, you get to see the hilarious rag dolls and animations.
>
> Also when you phase through a level and your character pretty much explodes, like in Halo 2.

I understand that many people enjoy watching the character from third person, which is why an on/off button would be perfect.

The one thing would like for our deaths is the last kill cam. The whole FPS thing for the death, I’m neither for or against.