First Halo 4 Update

What do you think the first update should include?

I would like the following:
-DMR nerf.
-Carbine buff.
-Mantis nerf.
-Allow players to remove the Flood skin within Custom Games.
-Add Race mode.
-Add SWAT, Snipers, and normal FFA playlists to War Games.
-Add the Custom Powerup to the Forge objects.

These to me are the major issues.
There are other things needed to be fixed or added.
But those things can wait.

343 has done an incredible job building Halo 4.
I was extremely impressed with Campaign and Forge.
And the War Games are awesome and lots of fun to play.
The only problem now is the Custom Games, which I’m sure will be fixed in time.
Good job 343 Industries.

> What do you think the first update should include?
>
> I would like the following:
> <mark>-DMR nerf.</mark>
> <mark>-Carbine buff.</mark>
> <mark>-Mantis nerf.</mark>
> -Allow players to remove the Flood skin within Custom Games.
> -Add Race mode.
> -Add SWAT, Snipers, and normal FFA playlists to War Games.
> -Add the Custom Powerup to the Forge objects.
>
> These to me are the major issues.
> There are other things needed to be fixed or added.
> But those things can wait.
>
> 343 has done an incredible job building Halo 4.
> I was extremely impressed with Campaign and Forge.
> And the War Games are awesome and lots of fun to play.
> The only problem now is the Custom Games, which I’m sure will be fixed in time.
> Good job 343 Industries.

Why all the nerfs and theyve added Swat.

> What do you think the first update should include?
>
> I would like the following:
> -DMR nerf.
> -Carbine buff.
> -Mantis nerf.
> -Allow players to remove the Flood skin within Custom Games.
> -Add Race mode.
> -Add SWAT, Snipers, and normal FFA playlists to War Games.
> -Add the Custom Powerup to the Forge objects.
>
> These to me are the major issues.
> There are other things needed to be fixed or added.
> But those things can wait.
>
> 343 has done an incredible job building Halo 4.
> I was extremely impressed with Campaign and Forge.
> And the War Games are awesome and lots of fun to play.
> The only problem now is the Custom Games, which I’m sure will be fixed in time.
> Good job 343 Industries.

The DMR is fine they just need to buff the other starting weapons IMO. I agree on the Swat and Race mode though as I love race and am a huge SWAT player.

why does the mantis need to be nerfed?? and the dmr is fine damage wise but the rate of fire needs a slight reduction

> why does the mantis need to be nerfed??

Thats the main one that caught my attention, i have no issues and i see others take it down solo no problem.

DMR is fine
Carbine needs a buff
Mantis is fine, easy to take out with plasma pistol as a loadout weapon, i usually take out at least 2 per game on ragnarok, I always see people get killed over and over by them, I’m not sure why they keep rushing, but that isn’t an issue with the Mantis being OP, just that they don’t know hw to deal with it.

Completely agree with the rest, especially a FFA playlist.

I also think they need to change the time it takes for weapons to despawn, it’s way too short.

Waiting on the plasma pistol spartan v spartan buff.

Wow, basically another nerf DMR thread. Sorry, but that’s all I saw in your OP. Well, that’s where I stopped reading anyway.

The mantis does not need to be nerfed.

The plasma pistol and sticky nades make quick work of them.

carbine needs to be buffed a tad, its good cos you can fire it faster than a assault rifle :stuck_out_tongue: but its not at all powerfull
but we need Assault, terrotries, VIP, juggernaught, classic infection etc etc

Normal infection Please! Fix The Custom games!

Also you can toggle the flood skin.

Carbine has always been that powerful, it was never a weapon to kill more than 2 people with a single clip. Just make the BR a 4 shot again and problem solved. That way the DMR will have the range advantage while BR has close to medium range.

> Carbine has always been that powerful, it was never a weapon to kill more than 2 people with a single clip. Just make the BR a 4 shot again and problem solved. That way the DMR will have the range advantage while BR has close to medium range.

Regardless of whether the carbine was before, it needs to be more powerful now otherwise it’s a bogus loadout weapon and doesn’t balance.

The top 10 things that the first update should include…

#01 Address the all too often lag in MP
#02 Tweak the MP system to delay the start of games until team’s are closer to being balanced… in other words, prevent games which have teams off by more then one player from starting
#03 Add a Race mode for custom games
#04 Integrate the Forge maps to the current playlists
#05 Beef up the H4 Spartan Laser closer to that of the H3 Spartan Laser
#06 Add an Extraction playlist
#07 Add an audio clue for when a group locates a pre-game lobby where maps can be voted on and/or for when players join your in-game party
#08 Add Final Kill Cam for all gametypes
#09 Add the Custom Powerup to the Forge objects.
#10 Waypoint stat tracking fixes and updates

It somehow “feels” sort of less Halo-like and a lot more Battlefield/Call of Duty or Crysis-like, which is something I’m not too happy about AT ALL.
Maybe it’ll feel better the more I play…who knows. For now, it’s feeling like Battlefield 3 with some Halo model skins on top of vehicles and the eye-sore flamboyant Crysis/Michael Bay Robot model skins on top of the armoured characters.

Not enjoying the leveling up with powers and abilities aspect when they pit you against higher leveled opponents that have way more powers and abilities than you…very unfair (see Call of Duty). Advanced Skill Restriction would be nice. I’m sure it’ll pass once everyone has most of the same powers and abilities.

Someone asked me what the game is like and I responded “Strafing pew pew pew and hundreds of unwarranted deaths for 20 minutes.”

The ability to actually play all Spartan Ops missions would be nice.

Perhaps patching the 30+ glitches found already.

I want some sort of icon to show who are in parties. If anyone knows how Gears3 shows if players are in party, that would be perfect.

Also I want the “X” on my and teammates dead bodies.

Agree op. We also need the ability to witch the flood weapons and give them armor abilities/loadouts.