First Halo 4 Forge map you will make?

What is the first Halo 4 map you will make once you get a chance at forge? I’ll start off.

I will take full advantage of the lighting system. I will first buil a large dome with no way for outside light to get in. I will be completley enclosed. If the lighting system is good enough, the inside of the dome will be consumed in complete darkness. Next, I will start buliding a tunnel/make-like system on the inside, but also making sure players can see and have easy access to the other side of the map if the opponent makes a tacticle mistake… The map will have power weapons such as Scatter Shot, Stick Detonator, and the Rail Gun. Last, make sure no light makes it inside and make the spawns.

The map can be FFA and Team Slayers. Good for 4-4 to 8-8. Players will spawn with a radar that only let’s you see allies. Preset loadouts will be had. The Armor Abilities players can spawn with are Active Camo, Pro Vision, Hardlight Shield, and Hologram. Weapons will be the Storm Rifle and Magnum. Players will only spawn with one grenade.

Now, how 'bout you guys?

I will be remaking two maps that I made when Halo 3 came out and that I remade when Reach came out.

With these new tools and features, it’s going to be great - I can’t wait! :smiley:

im gonna make an instalation 04 map itll be alot easier with magnets also ive been making my way through the books they provide alot of inspiration for recreating locations

> What is the first Halo 4 map you will make once you get a chance at forge? I’ll start off.
>
> <mark>I will take full advantage of the lighting system. I will first buil a large dome with no way for outside light to get in. I will be completley enclosed. If the lighting system is good enough, the inside of the dome will be consumed in complete darkness. Next, I will start buliding a tunnel/make-like system on the inside, but also making sure players can see and have easy access to the other side of the map if the opponent makes a tacticle mistake… The map will have power weapons such as Scatter Shot, Stick Detonator, and the Rail Gun. Last, make sure no light makes it inside and make the spawns.</mark>
>
> The map can be FFA and Team Slayers. Good for 4-4 to 8-8. Players will spawn with a radar that only let’s you see allies. Preset loadouts will be had. The Armor Abilities players can spawn with are Active Camo, Pro Vision, Hardlight Shield, and Hologram. Weapons will be the Storm Rifle and Magnum. Players will only spawn with one grenade.
>
> Now, how 'bout you guys?

That…that actually sounds awesome. I imagine it would make for some very frantic matches.

I’ll remake Chillout from Halo PC/CE, I love that map.

Probably a remake of Guardian from Halo 3; I really enjoyed playing on that map. I’m pretty crap at Forge, so it probably wouldn’t turn out good, but it would still likely be fun to make.

I’m gonna remake gears of war maps, not sure which ones but thats definitely what I’m going for anyways.

I… I… I don’t even know. In Reach I was crap at forge. I knew HOW to do all the precision editing and such, but for some reason I couldn’t Forge at all and if I did, it took me forever. But in Halo 4 I could build a bridge in like 1 minute instead of 20, AND it will look better! Hurray for 343 making Forge easier in Halo 4! (Meaning more maps because people can actually forge, and they will be well built!)

me and my friends ussaully go explore the map then make bases then have a FORGE WAR!!!

I’ll be making a map with an internal and external parts, the internal area will have normal gravity and the external part will have low gravity, I kind of hope that low gravity can go for vehicles as well, it would be insane if you could bound warthogs off of rocks and ramps sending it flying through the air.

sorry for the double post it just messed up

I mainly do aesthetic maps, so I’ll want to remake my Star Destroyer Avenger map to be bigger, more accurate, and more detailed. After that, I’ll probably remake my Enterprise A map with the same goals in mind.

Remaking 2 or 3 of my own forge maps, then I’ll worry about new content.

First, on each of the maps, I build (using every little bit of my quite small forging skill) something resembling a Research Base or just a base. Then I set out using vehicles and other things to explore the map in a traditional way.

Then I go into Forge mode and explore everything I couldn’t hit from the ground.

Everybody’s favourite map!

Sword Base, complete with Armour Lock trait zones.

I’m not entirely sure about the layout yet, but I’d like to make city with a laboratory in the center. The lab will take advantage of the gravity or player trait zones. It’ll hopefully be for 16 players, but I want it to play well with 8 players. The map will also contain some “creepy” areas for infection. I’ll also be remaking some maps that I made in Halo: Reach.

I’m going to remake my 16 or so Reach maps and the Halo 3 maps I didn’t remake in Reach.

I particularly want to redo my early Reach maps because I still hadn’t completely mastered forge. Nowadays I think my maps would stand up to some of the more famous ones, but it’s impossible to get a lot of downloads without being a tag b***h.

Hopefully Halo 4 will have more improvements that they haven’t shown yet so I can add stuff to my older maps to make them more appealing.

I’ll most likely either remake or re-imagine a map or two I made in Reach.

I’m going to build a huge maze building that is totally closed off. I’m gonna make different rooms so people will notice where they’re going and I’ll make scary and dark halls.

With the dynamic lighting I can make it all really dark. Often let a tiny part of the sun shrine through a broken wall or ceiling so that’ll look cool.

And place lights which are flickering or sparkling to add a ceepy effect.

Overall I’ll make it really creepy and big. Then have 1 zombie roaming through it and have a group of survivors trying to… well survive! :smiley:

And the zombie is black and dark and invincible! >:)