First game of "Social" after a break

Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.

Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.

I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.

Well organized teams, even in fiesta?

Its because the search parameters for halo 5 are terrible. It punishes solo play while rewards full teams. So if you match by yourself you will get team members that have no idea what there doing and face full teams or tryhards.

They seriously need to fix the matchmaking search preferences.

its not you man.

Isn’t the problem the community taking the social games too seriously? How should 343i fix that? Provide a beer to everyone that enters a social playlist?

It’s the people in the playlist that ultimately determine how casual the playlist will be, right?

> 2533274871929668;1:
> Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
>
> Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
>
> I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.

Well, for the other team it was probably quite an easy match. But let me guess, your version of social means that everyone else sucks and you win all the time… right?

I agree 100000000% !!
After being farmed in warzone I was really looking forward to a fun game of fiesta… lets just say I was expecting something slightly less competitive.
I don’t know if its the gameplay mechanics or if the maps are too small but fiesta in this game just isn’t any fun.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> Isn’t the problem the community taking the social games too seriously? How should 343i fix that? Provide a beer to everyone that enters a social playlist?
>
> It’s the people in the playlist that ultimately determine how casual the playlist will be, right?

This is the only logical solution.

> 2533274871929668;1:
> Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
>
> Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
>
> I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.

Warzone assault is a bit better regardless of which side you are on.

Having a gametype set as social doesn’t change player behavior, and you can’t blame 343 for external human factors. There’s not exactly a gametype setting to disable human free will. And if you feel it’s “sweaty”, then that’s 100% you.

> 2533274820722681;8:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> >
> > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> >
> > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
>
>
> Warzone assault is a bit better regardless of which side you are on.

Red Team uses the Armoury Exploit, effectively rendering any Warzone Assault match a win for them.

> 2533274792641480;5:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> >
> > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> >
> > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
>
>
> Well, for the other team it was probably quite an easy match. But let me guess, your version of social means that everyone else sucks and you win all the time… right?

Spot on…OP confesses to being sweaty during the match and complains that opposing team is also sweaty. Whenever I hear people on this forum wanting more “social” playlists, it’s usually just a cover for wanting a playlist where they are able to steamroll the opposition.

I’m a “low gold” level player right now. That means that given an even distribution, more than 50% of the time I will be pitted against a team which is better than I am if a lobby is truly randomized. There is no such thing as a non-sweaty match-up for me. If you are in Platinum or higher, you are statistically more than 50% likely to match up against a weaker team in a random lobby. Just count yourself lucky that it’s even possible for you to have a casual match because for the 50% bottom players, we can never have one.

> 2533274820722681;8:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> >
> > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> >
> > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
>
>
> Warzone assault is a bit better regardless of which side you are on.

What are you talking about? OP is talking about fiesta…

> 2533274792641480;5:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> >
> > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> >
> > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
>
>
> Well, for the other team it was probably quite an easy match. But let me guess, your version of social means that everyone else sucks and you win all the time… right?

No. Most peoples version of Social makes sense. No stat tracks and hardly any true skill just like Reach matchmaking. No one wants a “Social” playlist that’s just ranked but doesn’t tell you.

> 2533274970658419;13:
> > 2533274792641480;5:
> > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> > >
> > > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> > >
> > > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
> >
> >
> > Well, for the other team it was probably quite an easy match. But let me guess, your version of social means that everyone else sucks and you win all the time… right?
>
>
> No. Most peoples version of Social makes sense. No stat tracks and hardly any true skill just like Reach matchmaking. No one wants a “Social” playlist that’s just ranked but doesn’t tell you.

No, it only makes sense for the top half of players.

From your point of view: As a Diamond/Onyx player, having no hidden rank means that a completely random lobby means that more often than not, you’ll be playing against Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum players. Rarely will you be placed against Champion. Therefore, you will rightly expect to win most of your games in “social”.

From the point of view of Gold player: With no hidden rank, he would more likely to be placed against Platinum/Diamond/Onyx/Champion than Bronze/Silver. Therefore he would expect to lose most of his games in “social”. For a Gold or lower player, if there’s no hidden rank, it would actually be more casual to go into a ranked playlist because there he would expect to be matched against other Golds, so his win/loss will be closer to 1:1.

> 2533274871929668;1:
> Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
>
> Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
>
> I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.

This, particularly the bolded part. As a low Gold player that’s pretty much how I feel every time a match of Arena concludes in this game win or lose.

> 2533274970658419;13:
> > 2533274792641480;5:
> > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > >
>
>
> No. Most peoples version of Social makes sense. No stat tracks and hardly any true skill just like Reach matchmaking. No one wants a “Social” playlist that’s just ranked but doesn’t tell you.

And this, particularly the part I bolded. Less incentive for skilled players to go in and pubstomp if it doesn’t pad their stats. (Note I certainly didn’t say it would eliminate it, just help reduce it. Skilled players would still be able to use it as a warmup, which they are within right to do.) And the knowledge that the stats don’t count toward making their service record look even more abysmal than it already does, if and when they get steamrolled, makes a big difference psychologically to some less skilled players’ ability to relax and enjoy the playlist.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> Isn’t the problem the community taking the social games too seriously? How should 343i fix that? Provide a beer to everyone that enters a social playlist?
>
> It’s the people in the playlist that ultimately determine how casual the playlist will be, right?

Exactly. You are the only sensible person I have found on this forum.

yeah it comes down to it being competitive based as whole.

> 2535462360297076;16:
> > 2533274803493024;4:
> > Isn’t the problem the community taking the social games too seriously? How should 343i fix that? Provide a beer to everyone that enters a social playlist?
> >
> > It’s the people in the playlist that ultimately determine how casual the playlist will be, right?
>
>
> Exactly. You are the only sensible person I have found on this forum.

You can’t really rely on the community to do something to fix a problem though

> 2560081931056311;2:
> Well organized teams, even in fiesta?

yep lol

> 2533274970658419;13:
> > 2533274792641480;5:
> > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > Lost by a few points, Hands where sweaty, and a minor headache. After my game of “social” fiesta.
> > >
> > > Maybe its the rose tinted goggles or the fact that I was very much younger, but I don’t recall Halo 3 or Reach’s fiesta being this “Sweaty” and actually being fun. I feel like i’m constantly playing against well organized teams, which the way this game is now is probably the majority of the population left.
> > >
> > > I’m not mad I lost, I’m upset that I didn’t have much fun, win or lose.
> >
> >
> > Well, for the other team it was probably quite an easy match. But let me guess, your version of social means that everyone else sucks and you win all the time… right?
>
>
> No. Most peoples version of Social makes sense. No stat tracks and hardly any true skill just like Reach matchmaking. No one wants a “Social” playlist that’s just ranked but doesn’t tell you.

That’s cool, I’ll just bring a team of Onyx players and beat everyone every game, because I have a chance to get matched against Bronze players. Real social for me, and those Bronze players will have the time of their lives.

Halo 3 had social playlists that was basically ranked with hidden numbers.