First Ever Montage

Tell me what you think about my first ever Halo montage http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fg9DfnavIp4

And so I’m not gloating I’d love to see other people’s clips/montages so post them here. I’m not bragging or anything; I am by no means a pro, but it’s fun to share some cool clips which everyone has regardless of your skill level.

Please post your vids in this thread so we can give each other feedback :slight_smile:

I don’t have any gameplay vids because I’m to lazy to hook up my gameplay capture unit…

This guy happyboblives is awesome. He made the montage for me, all you have to do is subscribe nd he’ll help you out.

> Tell me what you think about my first ever Halo montage http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fg9DfnavIp4
>
> And so I’m not gloating I’d love to see other people’s clips/montages so post them here. I’m not bragging or anything; I am by no means a pro, but it’s fun to share some cool clips which everyone has regardless of your skill level.
>
> Please post your vids in this thread so we can give each other feedback :slight_smile:

The montage was pretty good. The clips were refreshing and different to what I usually see in competitive montages every day. The editing was not brilliant and I think sloppy in places which shows through, however it does not take away from the core gameplay. The clips were consistent and really showed off a brilliant sniper. I’m not going to hate on the editing because some of my favorite montages had next to no editing (e.g. Salaya’s) and I respect the editor edits allot of montages for subscribers in a short period of time.

If I was to improve the montage I would have used the in game sound on top of the music (I like to hear the gun shots and medals). I would have removed the intro and shortened the length of some clips.

1. Haven clip (hammer)- I would have just ended it at the overkill as it becomes one massive choke after the over :wink: The double at the end didn’t really impress me.
  2. Adrift clip with sword- again I would have ended it at the overkill as the kiltac was a bit of a choke. The clip ended with a single pumel :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Abandon clip- the clip again just needlessly drags on which really is a shame as the overkill was great.
    The montage could also do with a slightly better outro :slight_smile:

Props to you and the editor for a great montage.

> > Tell me what you think about my first ever Halo montage http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fg9DfnavIp4
> >
> > And so I’m not gloating I’d love to see other people’s clips/montages so post them here. I’m not bragging or anything; I am by no means a pro, but it’s fun to share some cool clips which everyone has regardless of your skill level.
> >
> > Please post your vids in this thread so we can give each other feedback :slight_smile:
>
> The montage was pretty good. The clips were refreshing and different to what I usually see in competitive montages every day. The editing was not brilliant and I think sloppy in places which shows through, however it does not take away from the core gameplay. The clips were consistent and really showed off a brilliant sniper. I’m not going to hate on the editing because some of my favorite montages had next to no editing (e.g. Salaya’s) and I respect the editor edits allot of montages for subscribers in a short period of time.
>
> If I was to improve the montage I would have used the in game sound on top of the music (I like to hear the gun shots and medals). I would have removed the intro and shortened the length of some clips.
> 1. Haven clip (hammer)- I would have just ended it at the overkill as it becomes one massive choke after the over :wink: The double at the end didn’t really impress me.
> 2. Adrift clip with sword- again I would have ended it at the overkill as the kiltac was a bit of a choke. The clip ended with a single pumel :stuck_out_tongue:
> 3. Abandon clip- the clip again just needlessly drags on which really is a shame as the overkill was great.
> The montage could also do with a slightly better outro :slight_smile:
>
> Props to you and the editor for a great montage.

Thanks for the feedback. After I watched it I agree with everything you said, but oh well no changing it now. HappyBobLives doesn’t edit much, no, but he makes you a montage for free and does it in one day which is really kind.

needs more cowbell

my 2nd halo H3 and Reach montage

> my 2nd halo H3 and Reach montage
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszYW53ol5Y

Nice one!

It’s great to see some good ol’ Halo 3