First E3 2018 Halo Announcement

The first Halo announcement from E3 2018: E3 2018 Exclusive Master Chief with Active Camo Funko POP

I know it’s not a game announcement but still very exciting! This POP, as I’m told, will be available at Gamestop. No word as to how limited this POP will be.

I’d buy that, the design is really cool

That looks… terrible. Active Camouflage redecoes work if they’re made with transparent materials that let light shine through clearly, but not with the weird milky white vinyl used here.
I have a comparison that I’d make but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be considered appropriate for Waypoint.

Haha that’s crazy. Would be could to get a little stand built for it and sit some green colored LED lights underneath :slight_smile:

Somewhat off topic but is there a good site to find Halo Funko Pops online? None of the Gamestops near me have any Halo ones at all.

> 2710872097142413;5:
> Somewhat off topic but is there a good site to find Halo Funko Pops online? None of the Gamestops near me have any Halo ones at all.

comic book shops might have some or just try ebay or amazon

> 2535437652903765;3:
> That looks… terrible. Active Camouflage redecoes work if they’re made with transparent materials that let light shine through clearly, but not with the weird milky white vinyl used here.
> I have a comparison that I’d make but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be considered appropriate for Waypoint.

The milky white is an interesting decision though I can understand why seeing as the actual “invisible” type POP’s really do look invisible. Maybe it’s this way so it stands out a bit more?

> 2533274813317074;4:
> Haha that’s crazy. Would be could to get a little stand built for it and sit some green colored LED lights underneath :slight_smile:

I like the idea! I’ll have to look into that and see how well it works.

> 2710872097142413;5:
> Somewhat off topic but is there a good site to find Halo Funko Pops online? None of the Gamestops near me have any Halo ones at all.

The newest Halo POP’s aren’t hitting store shelves until July. If you’re referring to the older Halo POP’s, eBay and Facebook Funko POP groups are your best bet. The cheapest ones are the Red and Blue Spartans from Halo 4. The most expensive one is the Blockbuster Exclusive Gold Master Chief which goes for $250+. Here’s a list of the Halo Funko POPs that are currently out there. If there are any listed on eBay, there are usually links on the individual POP’s in that link.

> 2533274830166194;6:
> > 2710872097142413;5:
> > Somewhat off topic but is there a good site to find Halo Funko Pops online? None of the Gamestops near me have any Halo ones at all.
>
> comic book shops might have some or just try ebay or amazon

Amazon is a decent place and if you find one in a comic book shop, you’re very lucky! Like I said above, the newest wave of Halo POP’s won’t be on store shelves until July

> 2546678360738636;7:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > That looks… terrible. Active Camouflage redecoes work if they’re made with transparent materials that let light shine through clearly, but not with the weird milky white vinyl used here.
> > I have a comparison that I’d make but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be considered appropriate for Waypoint.
>
> The milky white is an interesting decision though I can understand why seeing as the actual “invisible” type POP’s really do look invisible. Maybe it’s this way so it stands out a bit more?

Possibly. Though now I can’t help but wonder if this is a production sample or a pre-production test shot. If it’s a test shot, I could see the material being changed for the final production run to be more transparent, but if it’s 100% representative of the final product, the color choice seems odd to me.

Wish we could make custom spartan ones. I’d love my halo 5 spartan pop

Softening us up with cool little stuff before the bad news that there’s no H6 announcement.

Reminds me of a lemonade ice lolly. Can we get that? Lemonade ice Spartans? I would buy the dang outta that.

But really, I would hope the final figure is a little more transparent. As he doesn’t look very invisible but rather unfinished. Not that it matters cause I don’t collect these anyway; I am happy with my grunt POP.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > 2535437652903765;3:
> > > That looks… terrible. Active Camouflage redecoes work if they’re made with transparent materials that let light shine through clearly, but not with the weird milky white vinyl used here.
> > > I have a comparison that I’d make but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be considered appropriate for Waypoint.
> >
> > The milky white is an interesting decision though I can understand why seeing as the actual “invisible” type POP’s really do look invisible. Maybe it’s this way so it stands out a bit more?
>
> Possibly. Though now I can’t help but wonder if this is a production sample or a pre-production test shot. If it’s a test shot, I could see the material being changed for the final production run to be more transparent, but if it’s 100% representative of the final product, the color choice seems odd to me.

We’ll soon see. It certainly is an interesting pick in color. I don’t know why they went with the milky color like that

> 2710872097142413;5:

The Funko Pop halo vinyl figures aren’t out yet until June or July

> 2533274943250250;13:
> > 2710872097142413;5:
> > Somewhat off topic but is there a good site to find Halo Funko Pops online? None of the Gamestops near me have any Halo ones at all.
>
> The Funko Pop halo vinyl figures aren’t out yet until June or July

Well, that’s the technical street date. The Funko HQ, in Seattle, officially released them last Thursday. Kevin Hurd, founder of Halo Collector, was there a picked up a bunch and posted about em all over social media. So, they’re officially out in the wild, it just might be a while before the pre orders are fulfilled