First and Second Onyx Game

So I finally reached Onyx last night in the 1 vs 1 playlist. My first game I got totally wrecked by the fastest jackrabbit rush in history. Destroyed all my turrets including two anti-vehicle ones in a few seconds. That single game made me fear that all onyx players where all rabbit rushers which appears to be my only weakness.

I regrouped and tried one more time. That game was extremely boring has I had 5 bases and the single enemy base surrounded. I just took my time building and destroyed the opponent in seconds when I attacked. This gap in difficulty led me to investigate.

Turns out that the one I lost to was only Diamond 3 and the one I beat was only Platinum 5. I thought that onyx only played onyx and so on. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah onyx players will play mostly other onyx players but right now there aren’t that many onyx players and the very few that are probably we’re not playing when you were so the game has to matched you with lower ranks. Givers people time to rank up, ranked has only been out for 2 days.

> 2533274831720070;1:
> So I finally […]

Sounds like it took you a couple of months :joy:

> 2533274831720070;1:
> So I finally reached Onyx last night in the 1 vs 1 playlist. My first game I got totally wrecked by the fastest jackrabbit rush in history. Destroyed all my turrets including two anti-vehicle ones in a few seconds. That single game made me fear that all onyx players where all rabbit rushers which appears to be my only weakness.
>
> I regrouped and tried one more time. That game was extremely boring has I had 5 bases and the single enemy base surrounded. I just took my time building and destroyed the opponent in seconds when I attacked. This gap in difficulty led me to investigate.
>
> Turns out that the one I lost to was only Diamond 3 and the one I beat was only Platinum 5. I thought that onyx only played onyx and so on. Guess I was wrong.

The skill gaps in this game in general is insane. You could be just slightly less good than someone then loose terribly. Same with winning. Even players of equal skill sometimes get wrecked when against each other (not very even games). You just have to scout and be ready for what the opponent is doing.

How are you an onyx with only a 65% win percentage. Is it really that easy to achieve smh

> 2533274793430941;5:
> How are you an onyx with only a 65% win percentage. Is it really that easy to achieve smh

65% is pretty good. Not incredible but pretty good. That would put you pretty high up on the ranking system. Plus he could have started out slower and just recently started winning a lot. Not everyone starts out winning every game they play, like you. But a lot of people start out just ok and can just as good as you buddy.

Higher level games consist of nothing but rushing to start. The faster you destroy your opponents base, the faster you win. period

I haven’t gotten jackrabbit rushed in 20 ranked 1v1 games and I don’t know what I will try to do to stop it once it happens.

Closer I got was this guy who had a big jackrabbit army but never rushed me to my base, I just couldn’t expand so I rushed tech 2 and banshee wiped them out, I came back into the game and then he turtled, ended up playing a 71 minute game, and took 2 scarabs to kill his 4 siege turret + kodiaks defense.

Anders Kodiak build is pretty intense to fight against. Kinsano right now though has the strongest rush with jackrabbits because of redline. However, doing redline in conjunction with a vulture army that is locked in a base… it hurts really badly and will wipe all of the enemy bases off the map. It’s pretty intense.

> 2533274793430941;5:
> How are you an onyx with only a 65% win percentage. Is it really that easy to achieve smh

Most of my losses come from 3 v 3 or 2 v 2. I have won almost every 1 v 1 game.