Fireteam Osiris' purpose? [SPOILER!]

The more I think about it, the more do I ask myself: what the F is the purpose of fireteam osiris?
All this “the hunt for truth” stuff was nothing but advertisement… no epic battle between blue and osiris, no epic showdown between Chief and Locke.

What did fireteam osiris really distribute to the story of halo 5? They could also not be in the game and nothing would really change…

I imagined that one of two things happen: Locke is a good guy but follows his commands without asking and either gets killed by the chief after an epic showdown between blue and osiris (chief vs locke), because he was in his way and didn’t let go (the chief feeling miserable afterwards but then knew what he has to do)
or
after a long fight Locke realises that Chief is doing the right thing and sacrifices himself (if he has to) to help Chief.

But as it is, it’s not really satisfying at all.

Well actually there is an epic battle between Locke and Chief. Fireteam Osiris representa the duty, the ONI orders over all. Chief represents the right thing in name of Humanity. And of course de need to teams to explain both relationed stories.

> 2533274885566464;2:
> Well actually there is an epic battle between Locke and Chief. Fireteam Osiris representa the duty, the ONI orders over all. Chief represents the right thing in name of Humanity. And of course de need to teams to explain both relationed stories.

Yeah, there was a short and pretty well made fight between Locke and Chief, but it was nothing really relevant.
Locke presents the ONI orders? He dropped his orders after the first confrontation with Chief…

You know what I’m trying to say? Fireteam Osiris didn’t really bring anything relevant to the story. Chief would still have done his thing and everything would have turned out like it did somehow…

> 2533274856583425;3:
> > 2533274885566464;2:
> > Well actually there is an epic battle between Locke and Chief. Fireteam Osiris representa the duty, the ONI orders over all. Chief represents the right thing in name of Humanity. And of course de need to teams to explain both relationed stories.
>
>
> Yeah, there was a short and pretty well made fight between Locke and Chief, but it was nothing really relevant.
> Locke presents the ONI orders? He dropped his orders after the first confrontation with Chief…
>
> You know what I’m trying to say? Fireteam Osiris didn’t really bring anything relevant to the story. Chief would still have done his thing and everything would have turned out like it did somehow…

Also Locke left ONI and he was enlisted into the Spartan IV program

> 2533274885566464;2:
> Well actually there is an epic battle between Locke and Chief. Fireteam Osiris representa the duty, the ONI orders over all. Chief represents the right thing in name of Humanity. And of course de need to teams to explain both relationed stories.

There was nothing epic about it, it was a poorly done fight scene that made both of them look nothing like highly trained super soldiers.

> 2533274820430915;5:
> > 2533274885566464;2:
> > Well actually there is an epic battle between Locke and Chief. Fireteam Osiris representa the duty, the ONI orders over all. Chief represents the right thing in name of Humanity. And of course de need to teams to explain both relationed stories.
>
>
> There was nothing epic about it, it was a poorly done fight scene that made both of them look nothing like highly trained super soldiers.

Well, I thought it was a clear demonstration that the Chief is superior to Locke, allthough Locke managed to get a lucky punch in. But afterall, Spartan II’s are WAY better than Spartan IV’s…
I liked the fighting scene, but it wasn’t enough to be satisfying.