Fireteam Crimson - Mega Bloks Set

Hey Spartans! Fellow community member Cizlin has made a very cool discovery; an upcoming Mega Bloks set of Fireteam Crimson.

> I know Oompa always considered who should be in Fireteam Crimson.
>
> Well, Mega’s made a set with their interpretation.
>
> Enjoy: here.
>
> Edit: better pic.

For those of you who are not familiar with Fireteam Crimson, here is a reminder: they are the Fireteam featured in all 50 playable missions of Spartan Ops. 343 Industries stated in the past that they had no plans for a second season of Spartan Ops in Halo 4 but would be continuing the story of both Infinity and Fireteam Crimson. Could this Mega Bloks set be the first of more to come of Crimson?

Fireteam Crimson were intentionally left as blank states like Noble Six for players to customize and imagine themselves in. Because of this, Fireteam Crimson were a playable Fireteam (and the only playable Fireteam) were left completely open for interpretation. This brings us to the question: “Is this Mega Bloks’ interpretation of Fireteam Crimson? Or will the Spartans featured in the Mega Bloks set represent the canonical versions of the Fireteam?”

Something additional to note is that Fireteam Crimson is represented in Halo 4 as having four Spartan-IVs as members of the Fireteam, yet the Mega Bloks set contains five Spartans. This just may be a case of Halo 4 only being able to support four players in Spartan Ops, or the set contains an additional Spartan.

MODS: I was unsure where to post this topic but I felt it should go under Halo 4 as the topic is a discussion on the Halo 4 Fireteam featured in Spartan Ops. However, it could also go under both General Discussion and Halo Universe as it is also a topic on a Halo playset and characters in the Halo Universe.

Please move the topic to the appropriate location if you feel it is appropriate.

Nice topic, Oompa.

Personally, I don’t think these are necessarily part of the story with Fireteam Crimson…at least, not from Spartan Ops. While this is entirely my opinion, I think it’s possible that these are the “old” Fireteam Crimson, that existed prior to the Spartan Ops timeline. However, this could also be Mega’s interpretation of Fireteam Crimson from Spartan Ops. The reason there are 5 members is because that’s the pattern other Fireteams, such as Fireteam Majestic and Fireteam Venom follow. Even if it is called Fireteam Crimson for no other reason than to sound awesome, it will be quite fun to own, especially because of the new, better articulation, and the (possible) removable armor, which could yield mix and match Spartans. I can hardly wait. :smiley:

I think the armor seen through the Interactive Guide drop some interesting hints. The Stalker armor has Silver primary, and a deep Maroon color. The Defender is Maroon/White, Orbital is silver/maroon, and LOCUS is Brick/White.

There’s a clever pattern here. Also the ORBITAL AEON is unlocked through Covenant Destroyer. Vanguard might also be a canonically involved Spartan-Ops variant, as its basic kit is unlocked via Forerunner Destroyer commendation. Let’s not forget Raider, which is conveniently unlocked through Spartan-Ops, partially at least.

Protector and Gungnir might also have seen use by Crimson Team.

> Nice topic, Oompa.
>
> Personally, I don’t think these are necessarily part of the story with Fireteam Crimson…at least, not from Spartan Ops. While this is entirely my opinion, I think it’s possible that these are the “old” Fireteam Crimson, that existed prior to the Spartan Ops timeline. However, this could also be Mega’s interpretation of Fireteam Crimson from Spartan Ops. The reason there are 5 members is because that’s the pattern other Fireteams, such as Fireteam Majestic and Fireteam Venom follow. Even if it is called Fireteam Crimson for no other reason than to sound awesome, it will be quite fun to own, especially because of the new, better articulation, and the (possible) removable armor, which could yield mix and match Spartans. I can hardly wait. :smiley:

It’s unlikely Mega Bloks would have a set called “Fireteam Crimson” if they wanted to reference another Fireteam. The sets usually support the games and we are only aware of one Fireteam Crimson, so these Spartans are probably it. Your suggestion is very possible of course, I’m just saying I don’t think it is likely. You’re also right in saying how this could just be Mega’s interpretation of the Fireteam.

Fireteam Venom is a completely new Spartan Fireteam, I believe. I’m aware that Majestic and Venom are Fireteams of five, but like I said, Crimson was always assumed to have no more than four members as Spartan Ops cannot support over four players. However, like how everything else is open to interpretation, the size of the Fireteam is open to players’ interpretations as well.

> I think the armor seen through the Interactive Guide drop some interesting hints. The Stalker armor has Silver primary, and a deep Maroon color. The Defender is Maroon/White, Orbital is silver/maroon, and LOCUS is Brick/White.
>
> There’s a clever pattern here. Also the ORBITAL AEON is unlocked through Covenant Destroyer. Vanguard might also be a canonically involved Spartan-Ops variant, as its basic kit is unlocked via Forerunner Destroyer commendation. Let’s not forget Raider, which is conveniently unlocked through Spartan-Ops, partially at least.
>
> Protector and Gungnir might also have seen use by Crimson Team.

Very interesting, Spartan. Seems like you’ve looked a lot into it! :slight_smile: