Firefight

Hello everyone! I really hope Firefight returns in a similar way to ODST, or Reach in Halo Infinite :slight_smile:

This video from Late Night Gaming sums my thoughts about the various iterations of the game mode: The Evolution of Halo's Firefight mode | Let's take a look at every version of Firefight. - YouTube

I would like the new Firefight to have a “just in-game non-buyable-with-real-money currency” earned through surviving, that allows the player to ask for reinforcements such as ally units, vehicles and weapons!

Would you like Firefight to be in Halo Infinite?

(Also, I really hope it won’t be Warzone Firefight)

I would like firefight but I would also like to be able to edit firefight maps in forge.

My favorite map was one 343 made (giving credit where credit is due) it was the one in the Halo Anniversary release with the ODSTs. I was hoping to make a counter-op (spartan vs elites) game setting but that is how I found you ODST have no death by assassination animations.

Forgeable Firefight is one of the best imaginable moves they can make to keeping the game playable forever, on and offline. Also a real chance to reinvigorate the creative side of the Halo community with a whole new expansive customizable game type.

Essentially, you’d like the point currency system from Zombies. That could work, although Halo has previously been criticised for copying Call of Duty, so I don’t know if it’d be really well received.

For Halo to do it’s own thing, I’d prefer reinforcements to be dropped off at intervals, from a pelican, as well as have weapon pods dropped.

> 2666640315087182;2:
> **I would like firefight but I would also like to be able to edit firefight maps in forge.**My favorite map was one 343 made (giving credit where credit is due) it was the one in the Halo Anniversary release with the ODSTs. I was hoping to make a counter-op (spartan vs elites) game setting but that is how I found you ODST have no death by assassination animations.

> 2533274861158694;3:
> Forgeable Firefight is one of the best imaginable moves they can make to keeping the game playable forever, on and offline. Also a real chance to reinvigorate the creative side of the Halo community with a whole new expansive customizable game type.

Omg Forgeable Firefight would be a dream!

> 2535419441797248;4:
> Essentially, you’d like the point currency system from Zombies. That could work, although Halo has previously been criticised for copying Call of Duty, so I don’t know if it’d be really well received.
>
> For Halo to do it’s own thing, I’d prefer reinforcements to be dropped off at intervals, from a pelican, as well as have weapon pods dropped.

I didn’t know Zombie works like that, I don’t play it lol :slight_smile:

Reinforcements dropped off at intervals is a great idea too!

I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.

> 2546678360738636;7:
> I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.

Didn’t think about defenses! Would be nice to combine it with ally troops though :smiley:

> 2535441330154481;8:
> > 2546678360738636;7:
> > I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.
>
> Didn’t think about defenses! Would be nice to combine it with ally troops though :smiley:

The possibilities are endless! When you have a little free time check out some of the <em>Gears of War 4 Horde</em> videos. When you watch em, think about how that same thing could be done in a Halo style combat. defense, and class system. I think it’d work really well and would take Firefight to a whole new level!

I want 343 to make a firefight mode like mass effect 3’s multiplayer but more halo and in first person instead of third.

Reach installation 04, with the odst AI support is my favorite interation, customizable, highly replayable and most of all straight up great casual fun, odst ff was also a ton of fun as well

I want to see is the Flood in Firefight

> 2546678360738636;9:
> > 2535441330154481;8:
> > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.
> >
> > Didn’t think about defenses! Would be nice to combine it with ally troops though :smiley:
>
> The possibilities are endless! When you have a little free time check out some of the Gears of War 4 Horde videos. When you watch em, think about how that same thing could be done in a Halo style combat. defense, and class system. I think it’d work really well and would take Firefight to a whole new level!

Mhmhm I wouldn’t like classes at all, neither if they’re role classes ^_^" not a thing of Halo according to me.

Gears 4 defenses are dope though, it’s very cool to be able to place them wherever you want, Gears 3 had fixed places if I remember correctly :slight_smile:

Firefight needs to be in Infinite and it should be a big deal!

I want an ODST style firefight playlist for sure!!! And then I think there should be some other type of firefight playlist.

Firefight could have its own weapons, vehicles and everything even. I just think firefight is MASSIVELY under utilized and it could be such a big thing.

> 2535441330154481;13:
> > 2546678360738636;9:
> > > 2535441330154481;8:
> > > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > > I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.
> > >
> > > Didn’t think about defenses! Would be nice to combine it with ally troops though :smiley:
> >
> > The possibilities are endless! When you have a little free time check out some of the Gears of War 4 Horde videos. When you watch em, think about how that same thing could be done in a Halo style combat. defense, and class system. I think it’d work really well and would take Firefight to a whole new level!
>
> Mhmhm I wouldn’t like classes at all, neither if they’re role classes ^_^" not a thing of Halo according to me.
>
> Gears 4 defenses are dope though, it’s very cool to be able to place them wherever you want, Gears 3 had fixed places if I remember correctly :slight_smile:

Its just an idea. I think the concept would be really cool with a Halo twist to kick Firefight up to a whole new level.

I would really enjoy a flood firefight on the maps Sacred Icon / Quarantine Zone

I would enjoy it in short runs like score attack from Reach but not as a full mode. Its never ending and can get boring.

> 2546678360738636;15:
> > 2535441330154481;13:
> > > 2546678360738636;9:
> > > > 2535441330154481;8:
> > > > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > > > I’d love to see Firefight come back in Halo Infinite as well but with a new twist! It’d be a direct reference/spin to how The Coalition (Gears of War) handles Horde mode. You kill enemies that drop some version of power or currency which is then used to purchase defenses which can be upgraded throughout the game.
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t think about defenses! Would be nice to combine it with ally troops though :smiley:
> > >
> > > The possibilities are endless! When you have a little free time check out some of the Gears of War 4 Horde videos. When you watch em, think about how that same thing could be done in a Halo style combat. defense, and class system. I think it’d work really well and would take Firefight to a whole new level!
> >
> > Mhmhm I wouldn’t like classes at all, neither if they’re role classes ^_^" not a thing of Halo according to me.
> >
> > Gears 4 defenses are dope though, it’s very cool to be able to place them wherever you want, Gears 3 had fixed places if I remember correctly :slight_smile:
>
> Its just an idea. I think the concept would be really cool with a Halo twist to kick Firefight up to a whole new level.

I guess it’s just a matter of opinion :slight_smile:

> 2533274927074651;16:
> I would really enjoy a flood firefight on the maps Sacred Icon / Quarantine Zone

Oh yes, would be great!!

> 2533274910288843;17:
> I would enjoy it in short runs like score attack from Reach but not as a full mode. Its never ending and can get boring.

Many people love it because it’s never ending :slight_smile: and I think you can also choose a limit of waves in Reach already! At least if it’s not the case they could add this feature in Infinite :slight_smile:

It would certainly be nice to have firefight return in the classic manner. But I also think that warzone firefight has its own place alongside the classic ones.

> 2535446727334979;19:
> It would certainly be nice to have firefight return in the classic manner. But I also think that warzone firefight has its own place alongside the classic ones.

I don’t think so at all.
In Warzone Firefight there’s lack of mandatory features in a Halo game:

• you can’t steal vehicles - you can’t kill enemy units if they’re on board of a PhantomAnd it’s got many problems:
  • Bad maps - Bad spawns - Bullet sponges unitsTo me Warzone and REQs should be completely removed from now on.