Firefight Worked - Why take it away?

If something worked and people enjoyed it why would you take it away? Also, why replace it with something that you have to have xbox gold and be connected to the internet for? Do what Borderlands did - if something works don’t take it off or change it, just make it better.

1. Spartan Ops is an evolution of FF. I like the plot.
  2. Never liked FF as much as SO.
  3. FF does not compare at all to Call of Duty’s zombies.

> If something worked and people enjoyed it why would you take it away? Also, why replace it with something that you have to have xbox gold and be connected to the internet for? Do what Borderlands did - if something works don’t take it off or change it, just make it better.

FF was plagued with the same problems as SP ops.

I think the original firefight was waaaay better. Less customization but survival was a serious factor with the limited lives and being overwhelmed by forces. In reach it wasn’t fun for me really. :confused:

How is Firefight better? Spops gives you new maps, enemy rotations, and story every week? It has everything that Firefight had. Even the same amount of AFKers.

> 1. Spartan Ops is an evolution of FF. I like the plot.
> 2. Never liked FF as much as SO.
> 3. FF does not compare at all to Call of Duty’s zombies.

Agreed

Because they want the players to endorse that stupid, man eating -Yoink- Palmer as well as every other sterotypical character they decided to introduce in Halo 4, and what better way to do so than providing weekly set pieces in where you have to endure their voices throughout the generic, banal storyline in the same maps in the same uninteresting way?! :smiley:

> Because they want the players to endorse that stupid, man eating -Yoink!- Palmer as well as <mark>every other sterotypical character they decided to introduce in Halo 4</mark>, and what better way to do so than providing weekly set pieces in where you have to endure their voices throughout the generic, banal storyline in the same maps in the same uninteresting way?! :smiley:

I’m sorry, but ALL Halo characters are extremely stereotypical, not just the ones in Halo 4.

Spartan Ops is not a survival mod, nor is it in any way an evolution of FF. Firefight was a challenge of survival that took skill to survive the rounds. Spartan Ops is an evolution of FF Arcade, which was only popular because players used it to boost xp/credits like they do in SpOps. Halo needs a survival mode that can be played offline. Also, why can’t they both just co-exist together?

I loved FF mode… But it could take hours…

SPOPs is not an evolution of that.

Why do people hate SPOPs? It is almost the exact same thing except with more levels. Stop complaining.

I don’t think anyone at 343i characterized SPARTAN Ops as a “replacement” for Firefight. It has some firefight characteristics but it’s not the same.

The previous Firefights are still available. Activity in those games will indicate continued interest.

I would not be surprised at all to see Firefight return after SPARTAN Ops Season 1 ends.

When none of my friends were on I would play FireFight. Now when no one is on I play Skyrim.

Firefight was good for a while but it got so repetitive.

I think Spartan Ops is an improvement because, even though it can still be a bit repetitive, it has more variety.

ODST FF yes…any other FF hell no…

I don’t really find Spartan Ops very re-playable.
I am enjoying the the story aspect of it, but only because of Dr. Halsey.
I played a lot of Firefight in Reach.
It was really easy to just jump in and kill a lot of Covies. It might not have been about the survival as much as ODST, but it was still there.
There were so many customization options in Firefight, and now we literally only have our loadouts to customize.

My opinion is that Spartan Ops should have been an addition, not a replacement.

time constraints budget ? idk 99% of the times these things are gone over but dont make it in just becasue of the over whelming process fo creating the game like frankie said there was a lot that they wnated to add but couldnt. It will most likeley make a return in Halo 5 since they now have all the current code to work off and improve upon which is probably a major reason why there moveing so fast with 5.

> How is Firefight better? Spops gives you new maps, enemy rotations, and story every week? It has everything that Firefight had. Even the same amount of AFKers.

All that but NONE of the fun.

> Why do people hate SPOPs? It is almost the exact same thing except with more levels. Stop complaining.

More levels, less player control.
As much as I’m sure I would like the newer episodes of SpOps if I were to play Halo 4, I value gameplay over story.
And Firefight had far more replayability per level in the form of player-controlled settings.

> Why do people hate SPOPs? It is almost the exact same thing except with more levels. Stop complaining.

xbl only duh

if it was 4 player online/offline split screen more people would like it and also even more if it had a survival feel to it

> > How is Firefight better? Spops gives you new maps, enemy rotations, and story every week? It has everything that Firefight had. Even the same amount of AFKers.
>
> All that but NONE of the fun.

ODST Firefight with friends I will admit is more fun. Anything else though is just bad.