Firefight what should be added

Since there inst many firefight information going around right now I thought I’d might make a thread for people to post their ideas about what should change and what kind of new elements should be added.

Okay so what if the maps are a lot bigger and support more than 4 players? (exclude the lag)

This focuses of how players could use their points

Say your playing alone and your doing really good, say you have about 2000 points, what if you could buy a certain equipment drop? Say you already have a RL or Sniper but want to exchange it for another weapon? first you could use your points wisely because you could only buy a certain amount of equipment drops through a round. While earning points and getting certain kills on certain enemies, you get rewarded with either an ammo drop, weapon drop, or Vehicle drop, or maybe a AI squad (like on Installation 07 FF map

This time your with a group of friends, with the scoring to team. Maybe the the players could quickly order a drop that has equipment for the whole team while waiting for the next round? or individually order a certain drop.

Also what if objectives are giving at some point in the game? like generator defense.

This is just my opinion of how firefight could be in halo 4, I may not have the best ideas so add to them if you would

Discuss

Bigger maps with unlockable areas, full vehicle integration, and discoverable backstories which tie in with the campaign canon. Give them interesting settings too, Reach’s locations bored me to death.

Honestly i would just like to see flood make an appearance in FF. Other than that not really worried about FF.

> Since there inst many firefight information going around right now I thought I’d might make a thread for people to post their ideas about what should change and what kind of new elements should be added.
>
> Okay so what if the maps are a lot bigger and support more than 4 players? (exclude the lag)
>
> This focuses of how players could use their points
>
> Say your playing alone and your doing really good, say you have about 2000 points, what if you could buy a certain equipment drop? Say you already have a RL or Sniper but want to exchange it for another weapon? first you could use your points wisely because you could only buy a certain amount of equipment drops through a round. While earning points and getting certain kills on certain enemies, you get rewarded with either an ammo drop, weapon drop, or Vehicle drop, or maybe a AI squad (like on Installation 07 FF map
>
> This time your with a group of friends, with the scoring to team. Maybe the the players could quickly order a drop that has equipment for the whole team while waiting for the next round? or individually order a certain drop.
>
> Also what if objectives are giving at some point in the game? like generator defense.
>
> This is just my opinion of how firefight could be in halo 4, I may not have the best ideas so add to them if you would
>
> Discuss

First things first: remove infinite ammo caches, infinite lives and arcade gametypes from normal firefight. Also, they should consider removing the time limit (it SHOULD be infinite again) and if not, just make each match much longer to make sure players will almost never Reach it.

> Okay so what if the maps are a lot bigger and support more than 4 players?

always good for me and trusty sniper rifle…

> Say your playing alone and your doing really good, say you have about 2000 points, what if you could buy a certain equipment drop? Say you already have a RL or Sniper but want to exchange it for another weapon? first you could use your points wisely because you could only buy a certain amount of equipment drops through a round. While earning points and getting certain kills on certain enemies, you get rewarded with either an ammo drop, weapon drop, or Vehicle drop, or maybe a AI squad (like on Installation 07 FF map

Points in the match to buy weapons? your thinking -Yoink!- zombie’s with a Halo twist. I like the idea, but with Halo, I’d like to see a different twist. Namely, before you go into a custom game or firefight lobby game you get to choose WHAT drops for you. Example? We all know Beachhead is riddled with Vehicles. give me my trusty Spartan Laser for 1,000 credits or whatever. As for upgrading Marines, I created a thread about that, that you could spend credits or points to receive a pelican dropship reinforcement of Marines with unique traits to them (maybe a few have flamethrowers, maybe a few have DMR’s instead of AR’s, etc.) all the way up to purchases two or three ODST’s in game. This wasn’t limited to Firefight, but also Campaign… the idea didn’t take the liking I was hoping for it to. So my response is no based on that dead thread. Besides, you’ve got 4 Spartans on the field. That’s all you’ll ever need even WITH lag. Now Firefight doubles is a different story.

I’d like AI backup that come in depending on what level of the Invasion you are at. So when you start you have no backup, level 1 you get Marines, level 2 you get ODSTs (via droppods) and maybe something heavier like a AI Falcon. For the Elites you would get Grunts, Jackals and Hunters and perhaps a Phantom. There could also be various weapon placements like the Spider turrets and AA gatling guns from Reach. Grunts could jump into Shades and ride Ghosts. There are so many possibilities for the Invasion gametype.

I just want an Invasion to feel more immersive and less like Spartans vs Elites. Having some different AI units in there will add depth and variety to the experience and will help set it apart from regular matchmaking.

A mix between halo reach and halo odst FF

Would be epic in my mind …

But thats just me…

> Bigger maps with <mark>unlockable areas</mark>, full vehicle integration, and discoverable backstories which tie in with the campaign canon. Give them interesting settings too, Reach’s locations bored me to death.

No!

How about we just simply begin on a very large and expansive map?