Firefight/Warzone PvE Great Ideas

Here is how i thing 343 should set up Firefight/Warzon PvE if they decide to add it in an update (here’s hoping):

  • 8 Players (12 Max) - Infinite Sets (3 rounds in each set, 5 waves in each round) - Req Points are earned based on time played in a match (Accounts for Infinite Sets) - Use current Warzone Maps for Firefight/Warzone PvE - Last Wave of each round is a boss fight - Last Round of each Set is a Legendary boss fight - Include a mix and match up of skulls to increase the difficulty of the game with increasing sets - Include req stations to use any reqs earned (Gives players more incentive to try and unlock new reqs) - Start each game with 7-9 lives to share among Spartans (Give 3-5 more lives with each passing Set) - Include level 1-9 req level base system from warzone - Make AI scripting an pathing much more extensive (so no AI set in one spot) - Include Req bonuses for each Set passedWhat do you guys think? How would you set up Firefight/Warzone PvE? What changes would you make?

I love the idea. I miss firefight! I like firefight way better than Spartan Ops or Warzone.

> 2533274855223180;2:
> I love the idea. I miss firefight! I like firefight way better than Spartan Ops or Warzone.

Me too, but Warzone is still good. I never liked Spartan Ops though.

question, what are the bosses going to be?
More wardens?!

> 2535454723805219;4:
> question, what are the bosses going to be?
> More wardens?!

Shielded suicide grunt swarms!

> 2535454723805219;4:
> question, what are the bosses going to be?
> More wardens?!

For a legendary boss fight you could include any of the legendary bosses from that make. It should be random thought, so sometimes you get the Warden as the boss and other times you gets someone else.

And is this efficient for farming REQ points? How many per game?

> 2533274818737568;7:
> And is this efficient for farming REQ points? How many per game?

Req points would be earned not on a per game basis, but rather the longer you and your teammates last (because it would be infinite sets) the more req points you would earn. For example, lets say you lasted up to set 3, which took you and your teammates 2 hours to get to. Then, you should receive around 10000-12000 req points for that. However, if you made it to set 5, which would be around 4 hours, then you should receive 20000-25000 req points.

> 2533274802862198;8:
> > 2533274818737568;7:
> > And is this efficient for farming REQ points? How many per game?
>
>
> Req points would be earned not on a per game basis, but rather the longer you and your teammates last (because it would be infinite sets) the more req points you would earn. For example, lets say you lasted up to set 3, which took you and your teammates 2 hours to get to. Then, you should receive around 10000-12000 req points for that. However, if you made it to set 5, which would be around 4 hours, then you should receive 20000-25000 req points.

waaaaaay to little req pts, It takes ( if the defending team keep the attackers at bay on the first base) an hour to get 10000 in Wz assualt, so if set two takes two hours then it has to be at least 15000 req pts or more, or 5000 per set

Better idea

Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3’s Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 6 or 12 Spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they “bleed out” and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental… or intentional… team killing.

Sounds like a good idea

> 2535454723805219;9:
> > 2533274802862198;8:
> > > 2533274818737568;7:
> > > And is this efficient for farming REQ points? How many per game?
> >
> >
> > Req points would be earned not on a per game basis, but rather the longer you and your teammates last (because it would be infinite sets) the more req points you would earn. For example, lets say you lasted up to set 3, which took you and your teammates 2 hours to get to. Then, you should receive around 10000-12000 req points for that. However, if you made it to set 5, which would be around 4 hours, then you should receive 20000-25000 req points.
>
>
> waaaaaay to little req pts, It takes ( if the defending team keep the attackers at bay on the first base) an hour to get 10000 in Wz assualt, so if set two takes two hours then it has to be at least 15000 req pts or more, or 5000 per set

I was just giving an example. for all I know the ammount could be 25000 instead of 15000. I was simply pointing out that the longer you last the more req points you get. I’m sure 343 will find a good balance.

> 2533274803929503;10:
> Better idea
>
> Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3’s Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 6 or 12 Spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.
>
> Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they “bleed out” and die.
>
> RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.
>
> If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.
>
> In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental… or intentional… team killing.

So i like the idea you have for making Firefight a defense mode, however I dislike the 50 round limit. I personally would like a “survive as long as you can mode”, but this could be a good addition none the less.

> 2533274802862198;13:
> > 2533274803929503;10:
> > Better idea
> >
> > Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3’s Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 6 or 12 Spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.
> >
> > Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they “bleed out” and die.
> >
> > RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.
> >
> > If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.
> >
> > In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental… or intentional… team killing.
>
>
> So i like the idea you have for making Firefight a defense mode, however I dislike the 50 round limit. I personally would like a “survive as long as you can mode”, but this could be a good addition none the less.

Who says there can’t be a pure survival mode? If anything, there should be. Just a test to see how long a team can hold out without getting wiped. There should be two modes, Defense and Survival.

I am definitely surprised that they haven’t even considered something like this. The community wants it. I get that it would take a decent time to successfully implement let alone build, but seriously, come on. Give us this.

> 2533274855589435;15:
> I am definitely surprised that they haven’t even considered something like this. The community wants it. I get that it would take a decent time to successfully implement let alone build, but seriously, come on. Give us this.

They said a while ago that if players wanted a PVE Warzone gametype enough, they would make it. I know they have definitely seen our cries for it and would be surprised if they weren’t working on it right now.

> 2533274930687329;16:
> > 2533274855589435;15:
> > I am definitely surprised that they haven’t even considered something like this. The community wants it. I get that it would take a decent time to successfully implement let alone build, but seriously, come on. Give us this.
>
>
> They said a while ago that if players wanted a PVE Warzone gametype enough, they would make it. I know they have definitely seen our cries for it and would be surprised if they weren’t working on it right now.

If this is the case, I hope it comes out soon