Firefight Update - Noticing Any Changes?

343i just hit us with an (seemingly small; only took a few minutes to download) update today, seemingly tailored to “objectives.” Anyone noticing any differences?

Haven’t had any “take out -insert flying vehicle here- wave 2’s” yet. So maybe that was part of it.

The notes are right here.

Honestly ? In terms of difficulty I haven’t noticed much of a change.

The list of changes wasn’t very much. They just changed a few objectives to different rounds and lowered a few number of objective kills that is it.

WARZONE FIREFIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
URBAN

• Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2 - Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3 - Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4 - Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4 - Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3MARCH ON STORMBREAK

• Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35 - Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20RAID ON APEX 7

• Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3 - Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3 - Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4 - Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3 - Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4 - Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4 - Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR

• Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2 - Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1 - Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4 - Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4 - Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3ESCAPE FROM A.R.C.

• Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4 - Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3

Pfff, no. For some reason 343 thinks moving certain objectives to later rounds is somehow going to fix the overpowered, bullet-sponge, perfect aimbot AI. All they had to do for the hotfix was tone down the health and damage output of the enemies by 15-20% and call it a day. But no, arbitrary changes are the way to go.

gg

Not the changes we wanted. But some of these were still very necessary. I definitely had some issues with certain rounds happening earlier than they should. And it is still good to see that being fixed. Im sure the other stuff is on the list for them to fix next. Maybe this update was simply easier to push out. Probably easier and quicker to do than the testing required of them to better balance enemy health, damage, amd AI. Im sure those fixes will come later.

> Raid on Apex 7
>
> - Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5

Maybe that will actually be possible to win now!

Also how much success have people had with Urban? I swear every single game on that map I’ve played on round 5 starts with 4 Soldiers on top of the armory and then three wardens inside the back of the base with a ton of Knights outside. I’ve won 1 out of 17 games and I don’t even remember how that 1 win happened.

They didn’t fix the ridiculous respawn timers that no one likes. I don’t see why they couldn’t do that.

Still doesn’t fix the major issues with FF but I guess it’s something.

INB4 “You guys are so ungrateful”.

This is a hot patch not a regular one.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> WARZONE FIREFIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
> URBAN
>
> - Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2
> - Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3
> - Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
> - Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4
> - Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3
> MARCH ON STORMBREAK
>
> - Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35
> - Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20
> RAID ON APEX 7
>
> - Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3
> - Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3
> - Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4
> - Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3
> - Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4
> - Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4
> - Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
> SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR
>
> - Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2
> - Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1
> - Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4
> - Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
> - Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3
> ESCAPE FROM A.R.C.
>
> - Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4
> - Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3

Thanks for these…good to have and compare!

> 2533274912254619;8:
> Not the changes we wanted. But some of these were still very necessary. I definitely had some issues with certain rounds happening earlier than they should. And it is still good to see that being fixed. Im sure the other stuff is on the list for them to fix next. Maybe this update was simply easier to push out. Probably easier and quicker to do than the testing required of them to better balance enemy health, damage, amd AI. Im sure those fixes will come later.

I agree some of these objectives at the start with low req levels were near impossible but these small switches might help now if they can make the AI less acurate

At least it gives us a chance to get to higher req levels.

> 2533274912254619;8:
> Not the changes we wanted. But some of these were still very necessary. I definitely had some issues with certain rounds happening earlier than they should. And it is still good to see that being fixed. Im sure the other stuff is on the list for them to fix next. Maybe this update was simply easier to push out. Probably easier and quicker to do than the testing required of them to better balance enemy health, damage, amd AI. Im sure those fixes will come later.

That is certainly my hope. For now, the Round Shuffle will hopefully allow the general playing community to experience more success. I didn’t really have a problem with the difficulty of the Legendary and Mythic bosses; they’re supposed to be tough. But it’s all that RUNNING after respawns, 200+ meters to objective, or having a “Protect the…” or “Defend the…” mission when the enemies spawn in on site and your fireteam is halfway across the map. Sucky. THAT stuff feels like the house stacking the odds.

They just shuffled around some of the possible wave types and pushed them back, usually by one.
This does help as some waves have us going up against banshee’s with too low of a REQ lvl which is frustrating to no end.
But it still doesn’t really help with some of the round 5 boss positions that make it almost impossible no matter what your pulling.

> 2702159776433235;9:
> > Raid on Apex 7
> >
> > - Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
>
>
> Maybe that will actually be possible to win now!
>
> Also how much success have people had with Urban? I swear every single game on that map I’ve played on round 5 starts with 4 Soldiers on top of the armory and then three wardens inside the back of the base with a ton of Knights outside. I’ve won 1 out of 17 games and I don’t even remember how that 1 win happened.

Urban is pretty rough; I’ve probably only won 1 or 2 (if that), mainly because of accessibility to the Wardens in the fortress. Apex seems to be another difficult one. On the OTHER hand, Sanctum almost seems easy by comparison; my fireteam has won 80% of the time we’re there. Probably because most of the time, Round 5 is “Protect the Forerunner Cores” which is in an open area easily accessible to vehicles taking up defensive positions, and we can literally sit back and kick the crap out of the Covenant forces almost literally as soon as they touch the ground. There definitely seems to be some inequity as far as the arenas go.

The only wave that needed fixing was Warden Eternal x3 on Round 5. Lo-and-behold, it remains unchanged.

inb4 people telling me that it’s easy and that I should git gud.

> 2533274801884952;14:
> > 2533274912254619;8:
> > Not the changes we wanted. But some of these were still very necessary. I definitely had some issues with certain rounds happening earlier than they should. And it is still good to see that being fixed. Im sure the other stuff is on the list for them to fix next. Maybe this update was simply easier to push out. Probably easier and quicker to do than the testing required of them to better balance enemy health, damage, amd AI. Im sure those fixes will come later.
>
>
> I agree some of these objectives at the start with low req levels were near impossible but these small switches might help now if they can make the AI less acurate

I really hate the fact that a vanilla Soldier with a Lightrifle can snipe me out of an Ultra Ghost I just pulled down with 2 shots. That’s a bit of bullpoop.