Firefight Successor Idea: Outbreak

Basically, its like Firefight, except you are fighting Flood in various simulated locations. Unlike past Firefight, the amount of Flood you will face will depend on how many players you have. A good solo player should be able to, if the don’t F up, finish at least a set on Legendary. Custom Game options for Outbreak will include dictating how long the match will last, how many rounds and/ or sets there will be, which type of Flood you will face, etc.

This sounds an awful lot like call of duty. I would much rather see flood introduced into warzone. But an entire zombies mode is excessive

I think any Firefight added, or a successor to it, should be done on the scale of Warzone, but it should also spawn a random enemy type each wave. So you might be fighting the Covenant on one wave, but end up fighting Prometheans the next.

> 2533274832089275;2:
> This sounds an awful lot like call of duty. I would much rather see flood introduced into warzone. But an entire zombies mode is excessive

It wouldn’t be “Zombies”. COD Zombies doesn’t allow you the level of customization this mode would give you. It would be BETTER than Halo Reach Firefight.

I want a PvE mode I can play by myself.

I’d personally rather see a more robust system like Firefight make a return instead of just a Flood one. Sure, go ahead and add that in as an option, but don’t replace firefight altogether. Game modes like Gruntpocalypse were great for headshot practice, and the Normal modes acted as a pretty good warm up for Slayer. Going into Reach Firefight solo was good fun, and great practice. I gotta agree with aimachi though, doing this on the scale of Warzone would be pretty -Yoink!- amazing.