Firefight should be beatable without REQs

The game in question. Watch this and tell me how exacty this was a fair and balanced game.

Honestly I don’t see why it’s not. It should be difficult to do, but not impossible. I just played a game where I, and 90% of my team, could not access our REQs and were stuck with an AR and Magnum the entire match. I’m sure you can guess how that turned out for us… but we made it to round 4 and then fought a Grunt Mech. And let me tell you, that thing will not go down with just loadout weapons.

Warzone Firefight should not be so REQ reliant, but should instead reward people for using their cards. Because as it is now, even with REQs, I’ll lose 50%-70% of my matches, and that’s just not fun at all. Do they think the average Joe actually finds this fun?

Also, a bit off topic, has anyone seen enemies not spawning in Firefight recently? On Sanctum a few days ago it only spawned 3/4 Mantis bosses on round 3, and the same thing happened on the final wave on Stormbreak to a friend an I where it only spawned 5/7 bosses. What gives, that’s an auto loss on 343’s part and really makes me hesitant to play the game.

Wa???

But…sniffles…then how would 343i have the opportunity to make money off of REQ packs?..

Well it is Warzone Firefight, so you need to use REQs.

I disagree that you should be able to finish it without REQs, but I agree that 343i should do enough quality assurance so you don’t get sucked into a match that can’t be beat because of glitches or server issues.

So what your saying is it should be a simple east fight with load outs… yeah that sounds boring. What would be the point? Be live me I had more than a few wzff when req didn’t load or new players and it sucks badly.

Beta was beatable with just loadouts. It was entirely too easy.

Yes it should. But it is not. And why wasn’t your team able to acces their REQs?

Well you shouldn’t be able to beat it with loadouts, but I feel like some of the bosses should be very weak to certain weapon combinations. Like maybe if you void tear a grunt mech, 5 sniper shots to the head takes it out. And maybe this exposed time is short so its not that easy to pull off. Or maybe certain weapons do intense crit damage that absolutely reqs a boss. Like maybe the answer melts a warden, but an ad victoriam doesn’t. Have like a certain weakness so it isn’t so vehicle heavy essentially. This way the matches can be short, but still equally req heavy and possibly more rewarding to the people playing so they don’t lose like 80% of their matches due to BS. Also having a category of weapons that do crit damage make people want to buy more of those weapons. Weapons are used more than vehicles are in warzone, so this will create more need for req packs, helping 343. This will make things interesting too as it is boring to use the same vehicles to manhandle a boss. So maybe have one boss where a vehicle is useful, but then have the next boss basically make that vehicle useless. Make us use a variety of weapons.

> 2533274985084926;7:
> Yes it should. But it is not. And why wasn’t your team able to acces their REQs?

hamster fell off the wheel at 343 server site

> 2533274819580184;9:
> > 2533274985084926;7:
> > Yes it should. But it is not. And why wasn’t your team able to acces their REQs?
>
>
> hamster fell off the wheel at 343 server site

That has happened to me but never for a full game.

Reach ff had power weapons as well, didn’t it? They were dropped in. They need to achieve a balance between 8 men fireteams and playability. They have not found it yet, so they need to keep tweaking. In its current state it is #nofun.

Maybe It should but where is the fun without req’s?

> 2533274874616028;5:
> So what your saying is it should be a simple east fight with load outs… yeah that sounds boring. What would be the point? Be live me I had more than a few wzff when req didn’t load or new players and it sucks badly.

Either you didn’t read past the first sentence or you’re misunderstanding something. I said it should be difficult to do, but possible.

> 2533274830914829;12:
> Maybe It should but where is the fun without req’s?

Never said that. I said it should be beatable without REQs, just much much harder. I even stated in the OP that you should get rewarded by using REQs. I.e. killing a boss in a much faster time compared to constant fire from and AR or something.

> 2535466975944231;8:
> Well you shouldn’t be able to beat it with loadouts, but I feel like some of the bosses should be very weak to certain weapon combinations. Like maybe if you void tear a grunt mech, 5 sniper shots to the head takes it out. And maybe this exposed time is short so its not that easy to pull off. Or maybe certain weapons do intense crit damage that absolutely reqs a boss. Like maybe the answer melts a warden, but an ad victoriam doesn’t. Have like a certain weakness so it isn’t so vehicle heavy essentially. This way the matches can be short, but still equally req heavy and possibly more rewarding to the people playing so they don’t lose like 80% of their matches due to BS. Also having a category of weapons that do crit damage make people want to buy more of those weapons. Weapons are used more than vehicles are in warzone, so this will create more need for req packs, helping 343. This will make things interesting too as it is boring to use the same vehicles to manhandle a boss. So maybe have one boss where a vehicle is useful, but then have the next boss basically make that vehicle useless. Make us use a variety of weapons.

But what good will those weaknesses be if the severs are crashing like today and you can’t access your REQs as I described in the OP?

So, the truth has been uncovered about who was in a fireteam trying to take down ghost bosses with pistols. Let me tell you I was the one who drove and pulled out that sword hog. Btw, reqs are easy to obtain. Please. Its relatively balanced

> 2535427086119538;16:
> So, the truth has been uncovered about who was in a fireteam trying to take down ghost bosses with pistols. Let me tell you I was the one who drove and pulled out that sword hog. Btw, reqs are easy to obtain. Please. Its relatively balanced

I’m gonna tell you to read my OP. In the match I described I, along with most of my team, was not able to access our reqs…

> 2533274837720524;17:
> > 2535427086119538;16:
> > So, the truth has been uncovered about who was in a fireteam trying to take down ghost bosses with pistols. Let me tell you I was the one who drove and pulled out that sword hog. Btw, reqs are easy to obtain. Please. Its relatively balanced
>
>
> I’m gonna tell you to read my OP. In the match I described I, along with most of my team, was not able to access our reqs…

Apologies. Just it annoyed me when people just keep using pistols on wave 2 and there are 4 ghost bosses to take down-and they CAN use their reqs. No offence meant to you. Note in this match the top placer was my gunner and the second place was my passenger.

> 2535427086119538;18:
> > 2533274837720524;17:
> > > 2535427086119538;16:
> > > So, the truth has been uncovered about who was in a fireteam trying to take down ghost bosses with pistols. Let me tell you I was the one who drove and pulled out that sword hog. Btw, reqs are easy to obtain. Please. Its relatively balanced
> >
> >
> > I’m gonna tell you to read my OP. In the match I described I, along with most of my team, was not able to access our reqs…
>
>
> Apologies. Just it annoyed me when people just keep using pistols on wave 2 and there are 4 ghost bosses to take down-and they CAN use their reqs. No offence meant to you.

No problem. Don’t forget though that most people at round 2 are still at REQ 2 at the beginning, but if it’s near the end or round 3… yeah, I see where you’re coming from.

> 2533274837720524;17:
> > 2535427086119538;16:
> > So, the truth has been uncovered about who was in a fireteam trying to take down ghost bosses with pistols. Let me tell you I was the one who drove and pulled out that sword hog. Btw, reqs are easy to obtain. Please. Its relatively balanced
>
>
> I’m gonna tell you to read my OP. In the match I described I, along with most of my team, was not able to access our reqs…

And random chance does NOT equal balanced. The entire REQ system is RNG. Some people will NEVER see rare REQs, or others will rarely ever get them.

Not everyone is willing to spend weeks grinding for/hundreds of dollars on REQ packs.