Firefight "Unchanged" settings?

Hey I am hoping that someone knows more about this setting…
I just got halo reach and I was messing with the settings in the firefight mode. I noticed that for just about every setting you can mess with (ie: everything from running speed, to shield regeneration, to weapon sets, etc.) it allows you to either choose a custom option, map default, or Unchanged…

I would like to know what Unchanged does when you choose this setting. I know underneath the option you choose, it gives a little description. The description for unchanged is

Unchanged - This trait is unchanged and may be inherited

That still didn’t help me… So I chose an option like running speed, and set up a match where I chose 100% - The character will move at a normal speed. Then I set up another match and instead selected “unchanged” for running speed and I didn’t notice a single difference from the default…

So I would love to know what the “Unchanged” option does when you choose it for any setting? What does this option do?

Unchanged simply means default. Which usually is just the equivalent of 100%.

I somehow don’t believe that because some of the options have “default” as one of the choices as well as “Unchanged”, so that leads me to believe that there has to be some sort of difference between the two.

Unchanged means that it can be changed by a power-up to grabbing a certen item. So…yeah thats what it means.

but that would mean that every single setting that I set to “unchanged” would put a power up orb in that level? So even things like motion sensor would have an orb if I had set it to unchanged.
This doesn’t make sense for some of the options I can set to unchanged.

Some things have a different tag, default, 100%, unchanged. This is to fit certain situations. For example, would it make more sense to have your ammunition clip be 100%, 200%, or have bottomless clip and unchanged.

Trust us, unchanged, 100%, default, are all the same thing.

It’s just part of the code. An unchanged option is always available with the way the gametypes work.

yea thats was my point really… for instance the example you gave “Some things have a different tag, default, 100%, unchanged. This is to fit certain situations. For example, would it make more sense to have your ammunition clip be 100%, 200%, or have bottomless clip and unchanged.”

in that example, choosing 100% or unchanged would be the same thing… why would bungie do that when programing the option selection. It just doesn’t make sense that they would do that.

Also what does it mean in the description for unchanged when it says, "This trait is unchanged and may be inherited"
what is with the “may be inherited” part? I don’t understand that either.

It means that after you start the game, the player can change the trait…But they’d need the devkit.