Firefight Not what I expected in Contrast to BETA

The Beta felt balanced (a little underwhelming, but balanced). I remember the way to lose was from not having enough fire power to kill bosses or on the rare occasion failing, a defence objective or regular kill ‘something’ rounds. Its getting quite annoying jumping in and out of games and failing round 2 or having a boss have little to no health left and just running out of time.

Say what you want, but something needs A NERF.

• The enemy spawn rate in boss rounds are the biggest issue, its like Destiny except in Halo now you have no window of opportunity to damage a boss because infinite swarms of enemies spawn at a rapid rate. - The enemy spawn rate in defence rounds is just a joke. The round starts and enemies are already capturing or destroying something before anyone even reaches the objective. The objective health to enemy damage ratio is completely unbalanced. - Enemies (bosses mostly) do too much damage especially against vehicles. Obviously vehicles are the only way to succeed in firefight but when Warden insta-kill combos aerial vehicles from a mile away or a grunt-mec destroys an entire convoy of tanks single handed something there tells me something is wrong. I’ve lost vehicles within 10 seconds of using them and its really getting annoying especially after you fail and have wasted all your vehicles. So the problems are:

• Enemies spawn too quick - Enemies spawn in too big of numbers - Enemies do too much damage against not just objectives but to vehicles and maybe even players. - Bosses are way too overpowered BUT if a boss round was 10minutes long then I think that’d be fair. (Maybe time bonuses should be incorporated).

I’ve played more ff games already than i expected to ever play. Its fun and mildly challenging. I really hope they don’t listen to everyone calling for a nerf (sorry op). I think most people enjoy how active you have to be to complete all 5 rounds.

Posted this in the feedback thread. These are the general gripes I’ve been seeing and my personal idea on how to fix them. I don’t agree with the whole "It’s supposed to be challenging, you need to git gud. If the git gudders want a challenge, they should make their own challenge. Try finishing a whole game without using REQs or changing their loadout. Boom. Challenge.

> 1. Timer too short for boss waves considering how much health they have and how many non-important adds spawn constantly (Solution: Add time for each boss killed?)
> 2. Respawn timer extension too severe, especially when one-shot enemies appear in excess in later rounds and long respawn times (Solution: Decreased wave based respawn extension to 2 from 5? Allow REQ energy to be used as a Buyback option?)
> 3. Enemies keep spawning and blocking the way to the boss, making it nearly impossible to get past the adds and then fight the boss. (Solution: Remove infinite enemy drops, make them respawn only when boss(es) reach a certain health (half? a quarter?)?)
> 4. Enemies are too tanky/do too much damage and fire their weapons too accurately beyond their effective ranges if used by a player. For example, Crawler Boltshots, Grunt Plasma Pistols, Elite Storm Rifles, and Soldier Suppressors. Vehicles like the Banshee and Ghost kill a player in very few hits, and can attack at random due to being in the air. Prioritizing them is useless because they simply respawn. (Solution: Tone down enemy damage OR enemy health? Both at once might be too excessive.)
> 5. REQ weapons/vehicles despawn too fast, especially considering ridiculous respawn timer. (Solution: If map has too many weapons on the ground, delete enemy dropped weapons/basic weapons first over REQ ones?)
> 6. Unimportant enemy vehicles are not hijackable. This does not include bosses. (Solution: Make them hijackable? Come on now…)
> 7. On larger maps, certain targets are hard to find, such as Knights on Stormbreak during the Kill Knights phase. (Solution: Waypoint the target enemies at all times OR when they spawn in via Promethean teleport on Covenant dropship?)
> 8. During Defend X, enemies spawn way too soon, making the area overwhelmed and the item already damaged/captured before players can even hope to get there. (Solution: Delay spawning until a player is within range of the Defendable object?)

Nope, nothing needs a nerf.

I’ve won a good amount of games (they’ve all been with random people), I’ve also lost some, I didn’t complain that things needed to change just because I lost, I needed to change and do something different in the next game to win.

10 mins? Please, 3-5 mins with 8 players who all do something is enough.

It’s hard (it’s supposed to be challenging otherwise whats the point).

> 2533274838246015;2:
> I’ve played more ff games already than i expected to ever play. Its fun and mildly challenging. I really hope they don’t listen to everyone calling for a nerf (sorry op). I think most people enjoy how active you have to be to complete all 5 rounds.

The game is fun, I agree, however, the game mode is currently not sustainable as I am burning through Scorpions faster than I can buy Silver and Gold packs to replenish my stock. Power weapons are near useless and I might as well be using my DMR’s instead as I won’t run out of ammo and they’re pretty much doing the same damage anyways. The inability to refill ammo on power weapons leaves them severely outgunned when compared to vehicles, where health is the only concern as ammo is infinite.

IMO, infantry combat is neglected because power weapons are so useless in this mode. Playing in a Scorpion gets real old after a while and the game diminishes in its replayability as that is really the only viable strategy to win if that.

Also spawns are ridiculous, I see no reason why I should be penalized in later rounds when I don’t die until round 4. Give me a set number of lives, revive mechanic, just give a flat respawn timer reduction as this does not increase difficulty.

Won most of the games I played today (check game history). And the ones we lose was due to poor communication or just sloppy playing.

Loving this game type.

> 2533274836803824;5:
> > 2533274838246015;2:
> > I’ve played more ff games already than i expected to ever play. Its fun and mildly challenging. I really hope they don’t listen to everyone calling for a nerf (sorry op). I think most people enjoy how active you have to be to complete all 5 rounds.
>
>
> The game is fun, I agree, however, the game mode is currently not sustainable as I am burning through Scorpions faster than I can buy Silver and Gold packs to replenish my stock. Power weapons are near useless and I might as well be using my DMR’s instead as I won’t run out of ammo and they’re pretty much doing the same damage anyways

Power Weapons aren’t entirely useless. In fact, I find that the Incineration Cannon and plasma pistol work wonders on all kinds of enemies.

> 2533274836803824;5:
> The inability to refill ammo on power weapons leaves them severely outgunned when compared to vehicles, where health is the only concern as ammo is infinite.

You can refill ammunition for power weapons. Simply repurchase them while the weapon is equipped. Also, Interesting fact: if you have the armor ability “Patrol Case” and buy the weapon twice, it will double your ammunition for that weapon.

> 2533274836803824;5:
> IMO, infantry combat is neglected because power weapons are so useless in this mode. Playing in a Scorpion gets real old after a while and the game diminishes in its replayability as that is really the only viable strategy to win if that. Also spawns are ridiculous, I see no reason why I should be penalized in later rounds when I don’t die until round 4. Give me a set number of lives, revive mechanic, just give a flat respawn timer reduction as this does not increase difficulty.

I can sort of agree with you on that. Frankly, I think the timing and spawning are fine if you’re careful, but they need to implement some sort of overtime to where after your 5 minutes are up, everyone gets 1 life to kill the remaining bosses and win the round. If everyone dies, it’s game over. If you kill all the bosses, you’re a legend.

i want more covenant rounds…i hate the sight of the -Yoink- promethians…i dont wanna see any more crawler swarms or that annoying soldier teleport

> 2533274826111928;7:
> > 2533274836803824;5:
> > > 2533274838246015;2:
> > >
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274836803824;5:
> > The inability to refill ammo on power weapons leaves them severely outgunned when compared to vehicles, where health is the only concern as ammo is infinite.
>
>
> You can refill ammunition for power weapons. Simply repurchase them while the weapon is equipped. Also, Interesting fact: if you have the armor ability “Patrol Case” and buy the weapon twice, it will double your ammunition for that weapon.

Which you need to spend req points on, and frankly having only 3-4 rocket launchers, Splazers or other useful power weapons per round is not even close to enough

> 2533274836803824;9:
> > 2533274826111928;7:
> > > 2533274836803824;5:
> > > > 2533274838246015;2:
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274836803824;5:
> > > The inability to refill ammo on power weapons leaves them severely outgunned when compared to vehicles, where health is the only concern as ammo is infinite.
> >
> >
> > You can refill ammunition for power weapons. Simply repurchase them while the weapon is equipped. Also, Interesting fact: if you have the armor ability “Patrol Case” and buy the weapon twice, it will double your ammunition for that weapon.
>
>
> Which you need to spend req points on, and frankly having only 3-4 rocket launchers, Splazers or other useful power weapons per round is not even close to enough

Seems to be enough for me. :slight_smile: