Firefight needs to have a more tactical feel

When I mean tactical, I mean have objective(s) in Firefight. Like Spec-Ops in MW2 & 3.

-Drop Pods. Start the game by spawning in a frigate. Than drop down on the map that is covered in enemy defenses.

-Establish base(spawn). Find a safe area for weapons, men, and for you to respawn.

You know, some form of objectives to keep the game interesting and not just killing endless waves of enemies.

I actually agree. Firefight is so boring compared to -Yoink!- zombies and horde mode.

agreed

Agreed+Flood

:smiley:

well if your making bases your just making a gears 3 copy off but i like your idea with drop pods maybe in the ship you could also pick weapons you want to start with. Maybe spawn in your ship and pick were you want to drop too.

> well if your making bases your just making a gears 3 copy off but i like your idea with drop pods maybe in the ship you could also pick weapons you want to start with. Maybe spawn in your ship and pick were you want to drop too.

ANOTHER YES

> well if your making bases your just making a gears 3 copy off but i like your idea with drop pods maybe in the ship you could also pick weapons you want to start with. Maybe spawn in your ship and pick were you want to drop too.

i wouldnt want bases like the gears of war bases but, i would like firefight to be harder, and to have the options of:

A) Ally A.I.'s

B) Your choice of where the weapon drops and ammo boxes spawn

C) A Firefight Dogfight mode in the air with falcons/hornets against banshees/enemy fighters

> > well if your making bases your just making a gears 3 copy off but i like your idea with drop pods maybe in the ship you could also pick weapons you want to start with. Maybe spawn in your ship and pick were you want to drop too.
>
> i wouldnt want bases like the gears of war bases but, i would like firefight to be harder, and to have the options of:
>
> A) Ally A.I.'s
>
> B) Your choice of where the weapon drops and ammo boxes spawn
>
> C) A Firefight Dogfight mode in the air with falcons/hornets against banshees/enemy fighters

Yes indeed

If they make it more like ODST just with Reach’s customization options that will be awesome. ODST firefight was hard and felt like a survival mode and Reach’s was extremely easy blow-sh*t-up arcade mode.

> If they make it more like ODST just with Reach’s customization options that will be awesome. ODST firefight was hard and felt like a survival mode and Reach’s was extremely easy blow-sh*t-up arcade mode.

That was mainly because of the settings. Plus, you were an ODST not a spartan. ODSTs went down faster and were not as fast, so that contributed to what made ODST FF as great as it was.

> > If they make it more like ODST just with Reach’s customization options that will be awesome. ODST firefight was hard and felt like a survival mode and Reach’s was extremely easy blow-sh*t-up arcade mode.
>
> That was mainly because of the settings. Plus, you were an ODST not a spartan. ODSTs went down faster and were not as fast, so that contributed to what made ODST FF as great as it was.

But its not just that…

Probably the worst thing was infinite ammo caches. They edge you into hording around the base through the whole game. Never will you get to the point where you HAVE to pick up a crappy weapon from the floor. Also the fact that is is ACTUALLY HARD to find a non-arcady game type in MatchMaking. Most of the time you’ve got RocketFight, Arcade Firefight, Sniper Attack, Gruntpocalypse, Fiesta and whatever. It isn’t about survival anymore. Also the addition of time limits and the removal of the life system. It makes the game feel redundant. All you have to do is shoot stuff up to earn the most credits. There is no challenge anymore. There is no fright of having to use a plasma pistol because that’s just all you’ve got.

You can’t deny that FF has become an arcade mode…

it would be awesome to use an elephant like vehicle from halo 3 in firefight, if not in the campaign, that vehicale went to waste

Firefight needs to be like ODSTs Firefight. Not Reach’s.

> Firefight needs to be like ODSTs Firefight. Not Reach’s.

Exactly. I agree that it should be somewhat more tactical, but it’s even more important that it has that “fight for survival” feel that ODST had that Reach does not.

i have a sugestion that i have been holding onto for a while

in short,
you get credits for killing enemies, but you can only use them in the game game

in your spawning area, there will be a computer like thing, which you can use to order:
-Marine reinforments- Marines come in in a pelican at the weapon drop
-ODST drop- drops some ODST’s into the battlfield, there are less of them than the marine reinforcments, but they are harder to kill, and evade more often
-Weapon drop- you grab a target designator from the console, that you can only use once, you shoot a beacon at the place you want the weapon to drop, it can be any weapon of your choice (except target locator)
-vehicle drop- self explanatory, it drops a vehicle from a pelican, it can range from a pair of mongeese, to a scorpion (provided that the map is big enough), note, if the map is big enough, there should be a choice of having a hornet or falcon piloted to your position for you to use

> When I mean tactical, I mean have objective(s) in Firefight. Like Spec-Ops in MW2 & 3.
>
> -Drop Pods. Start the game by spawning in a frigate. Than drop down on the map that is covered in enemy defenses.
>
> -Establish base(spawn). Find a safe area for weapons, men, and for you to respawn.
>
>
> You know, some form of objectives to keep the game interesting and not just killing endless waves of enemies.

You and me think alike.

> i have a sugestion that i have been holding onto for a while
>
> in short,
> you get credits for killing enemies, but you can only use them in the game game
>
>
> in your spawning area, there will be a computer like thing, which you can use to order:
> -Marine reinforments- Marines come in in a pelican at the weapon drop
> -ODST drop- drops some ODST’s into the battlfield, there are less of them than the marine reinforcments, but they are harder to kill, and evade more often
> -Weapon drop- you grab a target designator from the console, that you can only use once, you shoot a beacon at the place you want the weapon to drop, it can be any weapon of your choice (except target locator)
> -vehicle drop- self explanatory, it drops a vehicle from a pelican, it can range from a pair of mongeese, to a scorpion (provided that the map is big enough), note, if the map is big enough, there should be a choice of having a hornet or falcon piloted to your position for you to use
>
>
>
> …

A little too CoD-y if you ask me but maybe something along the lines of that would be awesome

I tell what I think messed up Reachs’ fire fight? You could custom burn all the firefight achievements, ODST had much more drive, Endure forced a team to work together. that brought tactics and strategy into it, Reach does not have that.

> Agreed+Flood
>
> :smiley:

Yes, flood!!!

Those are some sweet ideas for firefight. Flood needs to be in there (finally!) I do prefer odst firefight over reach occasionally. but they should embrace both sides. both the hardcore enduring an impossible situation, and the Casually blasting enemies away effortlessly. sometimes I just want to maul some grunts. But some times I want an impossible challenge that I need to collaborate with teammates to overcome. Having legendary runs is cool. Sooper KooL! I do agree that havng too much drop in stuff would make it a direct copy of MW3’s Survival mode though. Having it the way it works on installation 04 is about perfect. but maybe with actual marines too. the random weapon rops are perfect, but in the ODST maps there were weapons already on the map, they should incorporate both. AMD BRING BACK SOME OF THE ODST MAPS FOR GOODNESS SAKE! just fit them with reach weapons instead. those maps were super fun. going through the whole campaigne and unlocking them was a blast!we simply need more firefight maps man! on planets other than reach. Installation 04 was proof that they can do this!